Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mittens

Re: And the journey begins....

Postby Mittens on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:43 pm

I'm ready to do a happy dance or something! I tried a couple of random resolutions again (after trying about 8 earlier this afternoon), and suddenly was able to get SH back to normal, the full-screen toggle is OFF! I think it was 1280 x 800 that did the trick. Suddenly I could access all menu functions normally, reset preferences on the new install, close the program, open normally and maximize or minimize at will. (I'm not touching that full-screen toggle again, they should disable that monster! LOL)

OK. Yes, I found the hidden SH files that don't uninstall with the regular uninstall command on Windows 10. I could not force the uninstall, probably some security setting with a back-up someplace, so I'll just leave that alone, it's not bothering anything at this point. Not worth losing sleep over, anyway. :D I'm just glad to have SH back.

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:46 pm

Yeah...I wish that the person who did the screen shot instructions would redo the part about doing the full screen. This causes a lot of headaches for some people. We don't know why the usual F11 won't toggle it off full screen for some but works for others.
It's just a bug of some sort.

I did it once...won't ever do that again. :lol:

Additional Comments: Backups..AirCurve 10 ST, S9 Adapt, PR S1 Bipap #760

ChicagoGranny

Postby ChicagoGranny on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Glad you found the solution.

Windows 10 comes with a snipping tool that is easy to use. I prefer it to screen shots.

Pugsy

Postby Pugsy on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:25 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:Windows 10 comes with a snipping tool that is easy to use. I prefer it to screen shots.

Yep...me too.
Actually have been using it since Windows 7....much easier IMHO. I have it pinned to my taskbar to make it quick and easy to get to and use.

Additional Comments: Backups..AirCurve 10 ST, S9 Adapt, PR S1 Bipap #760

Mittens

Postby Mittens on Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Funny, I normally use the Snipping tool, but had been trying to follow the directions given for posting to the forum through Imgur. (Yep, I'm generally a rule-follower -- figured there was something that would break the forum if I used the snipping tool instead of screen shot in Imgur, and would not want to do that in my first month or two here. Let's wait at least a few months before I accidentally trip over someone, fall flat on my face or break something beyond repair, other than the full-screen toggle on my own Sleepyhead installation.) :lol:

Mittens

Postby Mittens on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 pm

I feel like I've just passed a mile marker on the journey, or something. Had the insurance-mandated follow-up appointment 31-90 days after starting CPAP therapy. Doc is comfortable with machine settings; I am as well. We're both aware that the jury is still out on this mask, so time is needed. I had questions, and most were answered. Next visit has been scheduled for November 2018, unless I feel something is needed before that time. If I have problems or questions, call. So .... I guess this means I'm officially up and running. :D

Soothest Sleep

Postby Soothest Sleep on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:08 am

Mittens wrote:I feel like I've just passed a mile marker on the journey, or something .... I guess this means I'm officially up and running. :D

Congratulations! It's good to hear you've reached a level of success.

Jean
O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
Shutting, with careful fingers and benign,
Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embower'd from the light,
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine
-- John Keats

Previous

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)