Air bubble in mouth

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
A MESS

Re: Air bubble in mouth

Post by A MESS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:47 pm

Sorry--saw this myself on his computer in his office. He said eventually your body finds its number. Cannot argue what I saw-what he said.

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:55 pm

R U a doctor? I saw it for myself in his office and on his computer. He said eventually the body finds its own number. Set 5-20--holding at 14

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm

A MESS wrote:R U a doctor? I saw it for myself in his office and on his computer. He said eventually the body finds its own number. Set 5-20--holding at 14
How about looking at YOUR computer. Don't rely on your doctor. Take control of your own therapy. Learn how to look at the data on your machine. In 30 seconds you could see exactly what your machine is set at. You have got lots of good advice over that past month and I doubt that any has sunk in.

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:12 am

Tooter---Are you a dr? I saw the graph in my doctors office on his computer. He says the body will find its own air pressure--eventually

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:41 am

A MESS wrote:My doc must be good or something. Since I just started he set the pressure at 5-20. I am holding steady at 14. I assume next time I see him 14 will be it.
The machine comes from the factory set at 4 -20.....Your doctor had nothing to do with the setting

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 am

Tooter. Are u a Dr? Have seen results on Drs computer in his office. Says the body eventually finds its own pressure.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:45 am

LSAT wrote:
A MESS wrote:My doc must be good or something. Since I just started he set the pressure at 5-20. I am holding steady at 14. I assume next time I see him 14 will be it.
The machine comes from the factory set at 4 -20.....Your doctor had nothing to do with the setting
Or, just as likely, the doc did nothing - the DME or other vendor who dispensed the machine had used the machine as a demo and left it alone after the previous use of it. Unless you put the first minutes on the machine, it likely had been used for some purpose or an other. Regarding the "steady at 14": comment: the Escape is a fixed CPAP machine, not an auto - why would it change? Also, if it is, as you say, "steady at 14" then it must be set at 14 not 5-20 - 5-20 might be a statement of the range of pressures the machine is capable of (erroneous though the 5 might be). If the doc did anything he/she wrote the scrip at 14 and the DME filled it that way.
Given your attitude toward the infallibility of doctors, be glad you are not diabetic. In that community of sufferers, the emphasis is largely on "self management." Docs dealing with diabetes want their patients to test themselves and monitor carb intake while adjusting insulin dosage to suit what their numbers indicate - they want the patient to own the decisions and not expect constant hand holding. Generally speaking there is only one person you have to live with for the rest of your life: yourself. The longer that life is likely to be is totally dependent on how well you take control - delegation just doesn't work very well.

tooter

Post by tooter » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:06 am

A MESS wrote:Tooter---Are you a dr? I saw the graph in my doctors office on his computer. He says the body will find its own air pressure--eventually
I'm a brain surgeon....I just come here looking for customers.
Fixed pressure at 11

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:51 am

tooter wrote:
A MESS wrote:Tooter---Are you a dr? I saw the graph in my doctors office on his computer. He says the body will find its own air pressure--eventually
I'm a brain surgeon....I just come here looking for customers.
Sorry you hit a dry hole, the undead would starve here! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:22 pm

A MESS wrote:Sorry--saw this myself on his computer in his office. He said eventually your body finds its number. Cannot argue what I saw-what he said.
WTH?? Your body finds its number??? It's the machine that finds the number your body needs.

If you need 14 and the machine minimum is set at 5, you might have many events before the machine gets to 14.

kteague

Post by kteague » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:38 am

Duermo wrote:Thanks for your reply
Mine is a little bubble, like spitting out a pea when it passes my lips. It doesn't fill my cheeks. I wonder if I ramp a bit longer than five minutes it might help.
RE getting new model: I chose my Escape model precisely because it does not give out a readout. If it works and I don't gasp for air I don't need numbers. I first went into this forum seven years ago when I was a newbie needing guidance on a purchase and I was bothered by all the talk about readouts. All this obsession with numbers is completely unnecessary I believe. And not worth the effort and concern if they're not "right".
I may try to drop my pressure one notch after speaking to my doctor's office. I have a call into them now.
I don't think I've had even a nap without my Cpap in over seven years and have been happy with the tremendous change it has brought to my life.
Thanks again
Duermo ("I sleep" in Spanish!)
While I am not of the same line of thought, I know others whose care is doctor centric and they are content with their treatment. That's certainly your choice. I doubt that data would make any difference when it comes to a pea size bubble of air escaping occasionally, except it could tell you in real time how much you can drop your pressure without compromising treatment. In my early times of treatment, I would lose air out my mouth pretty regularly. It seemed as if once it made it's way into my mouth, it had to come out. Once I trained my tongue to stay sealed/suctioned on the roof of my mouth up against the back of my front teeth, air escaping has ceased to be a problem. Maybe you could try it. Good luck.

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:36 am

Tooter:: R u a Dr? Have seen the graphic at my drs office on his computer. Staying at 14. Dr says the body finds its own pressure

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 am

A MESS wrote:Tooter:: R u a Dr? Have seen the graphic at my drs office on his computer. Staying at 14. Dr says the body finds its own pressure
Do you ever read posts or just like to see your name out there...Yesterday you asked Tooter this same question and it was answered.

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Toot: I saw the graphics at his office and on his computer. Do I want to believe him or you?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:49 pm

A MESS wrote:Toot: I saw the graphics at his office and on his computer. Do I want to believe him or you?
You have free will, you will do as you want , or argue! Or Both! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire