can u get sick from cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Marillion

Re: can u get sick from cpap

Post by Marillion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:13 am

The Soclean does not replace soap and water cleaning. Even they admit that. Really, that machine is completely unnecessary. Many threads on this. But as mentioned earlier, I would suspect their cold has no relation to the usage of their machine.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am

It has been determined that most "colds" are actually ALLERGIES.
Loratadine has reduced my Kleenex use by about 95%.
Considering the cost of cold remedies, tissues, and sick leave, an antihistamine can be a bargain.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:13 pm

AMESS wrote:Has anyone gotten a cold from the Cpap machine? Only on it full time for a week and wala-bad cold. Its cleaned every day by soclean2 machine so no germs.
:ROFL:
The trifecta of clueless.

Soclean2, amess... this explains so much.. "wala".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Your mask sits around. It collects anything. The hose from the machine sits around. If you dont sanitize it--you could get sick. Washing in a tub and hanging it to dry is rediculous. I am using the so clean machine. It cleans it from one end of the hose on the mask to the other end of the hose on the res-med machine. It cleans it with ozone. When I asked if you can get sick from your cpap. I did not mean the equipment. I meant from the air blowing all night. TY

Dont answer xxyx- we r not buds.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:38 pm

AMESS wrote:Your mask sits around. It collects anything. The hose from the machine sits around. If you dont sanitize it--you could get sick. Washing in a tub and hanging it to dry is rediculous. I am using the so clean machine. It cleans it from one end of the hose on the mask to the other end of the hose on the res-med machine. It cleans it with ozone. When I asked if you can get sick from your cpap. I did not mean the equipment. I meant from the air blowing all night. TY

Your ignorance is appalling, and your continuing spew of incorrect statements has to be refuted, not because you're intelligent enough to learn any different, but because your drivel may mislead others.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:39 pm

AMESS wrote:Your mask sits around. It collects anything. The hose from the machine sits around. If you dont sanitize it--you could get sick. Washing in a tub and hanging it to dry is rediculous. I am using the so clean machine. It cleans it from one end of the hose on the mask to the other end of the hose on the res-med machine. It cleans it with ozone. When I asked if you can get sick from your cpap. I did not mean the equipment. I meant from the air blowing all night. TY

I'd go with a jagged fragment of a split personality, of his. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:41 pm

AMESS wrote: I did not mean the equipment. I meant from the air blowing all night.
Ahh.. yes... Everyone knows you get a cold from "cold" air blowing. Might want to get a heated hose...

Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

ThatGuyTyh

Post by ThatGuyTyh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:42 pm

Amess, I'm curious to hear your opinion about what Marillion has stated for you several times. Do you only use soclean2 or do you clean with soap and water AND use the soclean2. Marillion has mentioned several times that soclean themselves admit that is not a replacement to conventional cleaning but supplemental to it. What do you say to that? Do you do both or just soclean?
"I awoke, only to find my lungs empty,
And through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing"

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:45 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
AMESS wrote: I did not mean the equipment. I meant from the air blowing all night.
Ahh.. yes... Everyone knows you get a cold from "cold" air blowing. Might want to get a heated hose...
If you use XPAP do you breath in different air than if you don't use XPAP Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ThatGuyTyh

Post by ThatGuyTyh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:49 pm

Goofproof wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:
I thought xpap manufactured special breathable air no? Isn't that what the issue is? We try to breath unbreathable air therefore xpap creates breatheable air for us to breath. Makes sense to me
"I awoke, only to find my lungs empty,
And through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing"

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Goofproof wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:
But "regular air" isn't blowing, so a non-xPAP person is just sucking...

Plus, "regular air" doesn't have to pass through the unsanitary conditions inside xPAP equipment. Come on Jim, haven't you been paying attention to Amess?
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:58 pm

ThatGuyTyh wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
MaxINTJ wrote:
I thought xpap manufactured special breathable air no? Isn't that what the issue is? We try to breath unbreathable air therefore xpap creates breatheable air for us to breath. Makes sense to me
If you sleep with a Hound dog, bets are off! Jim

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 pm

Last edited by WearyOne on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

This is what it says on P. 8 of the manual...
Pre-washing your PAP Equipment
Use two capfuls of the included pre-wash
with a gallon of water to wash your PAP
equipment (mask, hose, and reservoir), then
rinse thoroughly with clean water.

https://www.soclean.com/support/soclean ... 2-support/
Last edited by LSAT on Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 pm

LSAT wrote:

This is what it says on P. 7 of the manual...
Pre-washing your PAP Equipment
Use two capfuls of the included pre-wash
with a gallon of water to wash your PAP
equipment (mask, hose, and reservoir), then
rinse thoroughly with clean water.
Waiting to see if amess says we don't need to steenkin' manual!!