How Long To Make Up For Lost Sleep/Deprivation?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LSAT

Re: How Long To Make Up For Lost Sleep/Deprivation?

Post by LSAT » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
Julie wrote:Max, this IS Kabuto's thread.. you have a few of your own going, no?

max has many scattered threads going
but does not like the answers he got
Would it be possible for you to pay attention? Just once?

All I have gotten are "maybes". I have had zero ANSWERS from any doctor, tech, or the folks here - because I don't have a textbook issue (unless it ends up being UARS). I have had a lot of help with things to try, but those have yet to yield any answers.
Obviously, because you don't have textbook issues...and your doctors can't help you, why do you expect more help here. All you can get are maybes. None of us are geniuses...(except maybe the alphabet boy). If you haven't been helped by the answers you have been given (or haven't tried), perhaps CPAP is not the answer for you.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:31 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
You might not be able to get your problems solved here, but could you please stop hijacking the threads of others who need help??

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:09 pm

This frog is not a genius--missed it by four points.
Thank goodness! Too much pressure.
Geniuses rarely measure up to our expectations.
Or did nobody notice?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:25 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:This frog is not a genius--missed it by four points.
Thank goodness! Too much pressure.
Geniuses rarely measure up to our expectations.
Or did nobody notice?
Just graph the genius rating out on a white board, if you don't like how it looks, turn the board 180 degrees, it will look much better!

That's how the government does the budget. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jjc155

Post by jjc155 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:28 pm

Kabuto wrote:Just started really using CPAP (even if I have to hold it with bobby pins). When can I expect to make up for deprivation? I still feel tired and its been at least 2-3 weeks....
for me it was right about 2 1/2 weeks in (which was last week for me). It was like all of a sudden I felt remarkably better, even though I was sleeping much better the whole time. It was like a light switch for me, one day still not well rested the next felt awesome.

Hope that day is right around the corner for you.

J-

Kabuto

Post by Kabuto » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:07 am

The machine is a BMC Luna, as mentioned,

https://ibb.co/i4JtPv

I actually happen to have an older sleep machine too, a Philips Remstar from I got back in like 2011:

https://ibb.co/j4U04v

Any idea which is better, and what I can look for?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:30 am

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/3b-lun ... ifier.html
See the product page down at the bottom. You will get extremely limited data...but there is that tiny bit.
Data Tracking for Compliance

Use the iCode app to pull sleep results produced within a specific period of time. The screen displays information such as: compliance hours, average pressure, AHI, snore index, and leak rate. To download these results for further review, put the complete code into the iCode website or use the iCode app on your smartphone to register the QR code located on the machine's display. A smartphone is not included with the purchase of the Luna CPAP machine.
So...you have been trying cpap off an on for quite some time since you have that old of a machine.
Having problems? Used the machine consistently and never felt better or not consistent use?
The PR System One Respironics machine picture...I think that is their basic cpap..look on the bottom of the blower for a 3 digit code starting with DS or REF 250 probably. If so...no data at all beyond hours of use.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kabuto

Post by Kabuto » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:29 am

Pugsy wrote:https://www.cpap.com/productpage/3b-lun ... ifier.html
See the product page down at the bottom. You will get extremely limited data...but there is that tiny bit.
Data Tracking for Compliance

Use the iCode app to pull sleep results produced within a specific period of time. The screen displays information such as: compliance hours, average pressure, AHI, snore index, and leak rate. To download these results for further review, put the complete code into the iCode website or use the iCode app on your smartphone to register the QR code located on the machine's display. A smartphone is not included with the purchase of the Luna CPAP machine.
So...you have been trying cpap off an on for quite some time since you have that old of a machine.
Having problems? Used the machine consistently and never felt better or not consistent use?
The PR System One Respironics machine picture...I think that is their basic cpap..look on the bottom of the blower for a 3 digit code starting with DS or REF 250 probably. If so...no data at all beyond hours of use.
So which machine should I use? The Luna or the old Remstar?

Kabuto

Post by Kabuto » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Bumping this for more assistance.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:21 am

Kabuto wrote:So which machine should I use? The Luna or the old Remstar?
You should buy an auto machine that has full data capabilities. We can help you find a clean, gently used one with seller's one-year warranty.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:46 am

The Luna is better than the old PR System One Remstar...at least the Luna has some data available even though extremely limited. The Respironics machine offers nothing beyond hours of use which won't help.

If you aren't feeling good on cpap then you first have to see if the cpap therapy is even optimal.
If it isn't optimal no amount of time is going to fix the problem.
If the therapy is optimal and you aren't feeling the good numbers then you start looking at other potential culprits and the list of those is very long.

The link I provided above to the Luna explains how to use the code thing to get what little data the machine offers.
So first need to know the AHI and the leak.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.