Is any body happy with cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

Re: Is any body happy with cpap

Post by 49er » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:50 am

amess wrote:I would love to hear about it if you have gotten past all the problems and are a happy snoozer. TY.
Hi amess,

I was never happy with the machine but for various reasons, that is my only option right now.

My advice to you would be to list all the problems you are having and see what members can do to help you with them. But if it gets to the point where you feel you have given everything a reasonable try (usually it takes at least 6 months for an adequate trial) and it simply isn't working in spite of your best efforts, it is time to consider alternatives.

49er

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:12 am

49er wrote:My advice to you would be to list all the problems you are having and see what members can do to help you with them. But if it gets to the point where you feel you have given everything a reasonable try (usually it takes at least 6 months for an adequate trial) and it simply isn't working in spite of your best efforts, it is time to consider alternatives.

49er
6 MONTHS? Ugh.

I have been using it about 4 weeks. I got used to the mask being on in about 2 (after some serious protests from my neck - had to take 3 weeks off CPAP), and the pressure doesn't seem to have any negative effects other than occasionally blowing my mouth open.

However, positive side effects are still lacking. I've had one day where I felt OK getting up in the morning, but I had the occasional morning like that before CPAP. Pugsy has been a great help with suggestions and information, but still no joy.

Lately my max pressure has been going up, but for me, most of the other stats from the machine are useless.

So, I can't say I am happy with it, nor can I say I am happier than without it. Right now it's just another "chore" I have to do everyday. I am trying to keep hope alive and give it a decent try - I was just hoping "decent" meant weeks, not months.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 am

MaxINTJ wrote:
49er wrote:My advice to you would be to list all the problems you are having and see what members can do to help you with them. But if it gets to the point where you feel you have given everything a reasonable try (usually it takes at least 6 months for an adequate trial) and it simply isn't working in spite of your best efforts, it is time to consider alternatives.

49er
6 MONTHS? Ugh.

I have been using it about 4 weeks. I got used to the mask being on in about 2 (after some serious protests from my neck - had to take 3 weeks off CPAP), and the pressure doesn't seem to have any negative effects other than occasionally blowing my mouth open.

However, positive side effects are still lacking. I've had one day where I felt OK getting up in the morning, but I had the occasional morning like that before CPAP. Pugsy has been a great help with suggestions and information, but still no joy.

Lately my max pressure has been going up, but for me, most of the other stats from the machine are useless.

So, I can't say I am happy with it, nor can I say I am happier than without it. Right now it's just another "chore" I have to do everyday. I am trying to keep hope alive and give it a decent try - I was just hoping "decent" meant weeks, not months.
You are certainly welcome to move to other options sooner. It was just a suggestion because, for many people, it takes that long to sort out the kinks. And for some people, it takes longer.

But my point is don't beat your head against the wall trying to make it work. If your gut feeling says you need to explore other options, by all means, do it.

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:24 am

49er wrote:You are certainly welcome to move to other options sooner. It was just a suggestion because, for many people, it takes that long to sort out the kinks. And for some people, it takes longer.

But my point is don't beat your head against the wall trying to make it work. If your gut feeling says you need to explore other options, by all means, do it.
Right now, I'm at the same point you are. Because nobody knows what exactly I have, the only possible solution to *try* is CPAP. As Pugsy said, they don't know what the problem is so they threw something at the wall to see if it sticks. It's non-invasive, so there's no harm in trying it.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

jjc155

Post by jjc155 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:19 pm

amess wrote:I would love to hear about it if you have gotten past all the problems and are a happy snoozer. TY.
going on a month.No issues/negative and all positives for me. I feel great and didn't really have any adjustment period. Slept great the very first night and every since.

J-