Delete xxyzx??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TiredoftheCrap

Delete xxyzx??

Post by TiredoftheCrap » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Isn't there any way this clown can be banned from the forum before some poor unsuspecting newbie is hurt by his bad advice? Maybe is enough of the respected members such as Pugsy, LSAT, and others were to petition the admins something could be done.

MaxINTJ

Re: Delete xxyzx??

Post by MaxINTJ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:00 pm

TiredoftheCrap wrote:Isn't there any way this clown can be banned from the forum before some poor unsuspecting newbie is hurt by his bad advice? Maybe is enough of the respected members such as Pugsy, LSAT, and others were to petition the admins something could be done.
I understand why someone might feel this way, but censorship is never the right thing to do.

The world is full of people who give bad or inaccurate advice - it is up to every individual to recognize this fact and be careful. No fully functional adult should need to be "mothered".

Just my $0.02
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:11 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
TiredoftheCrap wrote:Isn't there any way this clown can be banned from the forum before some poor unsuspecting newbie is hurt by his bad advice? Maybe is enough of the respected members such as Pugsy, LSAT, and others were to petition the admins something could be done.
I understand why someone might feel this way, but censorship is never the right thing to do.

The world is full of people who give bad or inaccurate advice - it is up to every individual to recognize this fact and be careful. No fully functional adult should need to be "mothered".

Just my $0.02
I'm wading into this with a great deal of trepidation. MaxINTJ, I agree with you. We all need to be able to sift through advice and decide what to follow. We can search for corroborating information. We can ask our medical providers.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:36 pm

I have NEVER bought a computer that didn't have a Off button, same goes for most web browsers, even my T.V., had one, many times I turn it off or change the channel. The user gets to decide what they hear and or watch, interact with.

There comes a time in most people lives when they have to pull on their pants (His, Her's or It's:N/A). For most people the world isn't going to conform to their needs 100%, nor should it. The Rule is Adapt, those that won't fail, leave or die off.

Everything you need to successfully treat your Sleep Apnea is written here, many times over and over, you only need to read and use common sense to sift out what applies to you. Correction: You will also need to will yourself to put your treatment first, and put away all excuses not to make it work, CAN'T isn't your friend. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:41 pm

XX, you're not helping your case by responding with name calling.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Bad advice can come from anywhere--even our professional, PAID providers.
Sadly, some minds are dulled by years of oxygen deprived "sleep".
This makes us easy prey for swindlers and charlatans.
It would be unamerican to deprive someone of their right to free speech,
even if the speaker is deranged/sociopathic/mentally unstable.
This is why some of us have chosen to place a warning in our signature lines.
This appears to be the best we can do.
Goofproof has the right idea. Use your own best judgement, then shut out the rest.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:XX, you're not helping your case by responding with name calling.
And therein lies the problem. Whether he's right or not, he behaves badly.

He's not always wrong. Sometimes what he says is spot on. Sometimes what he says is subject to interpretation and/or questionable, but not really wrong. But sometimes, it IS wrong and proof has been posted. He ignores the proof, swears it was never posted and continues to name call anybody that disagrees with him.

In another thread, I admitted I was wrong and he was right and he gloated and called me his favorite slur. Even when you try to be nice to him, he behaves very badly.

Ban him? I don't know. I hate to think about that as well, but frankly, I'm sick of his antics.

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:49 pm

And this is why I sometimes stay away for days or weeks at a time. The screaming in red capital letters and enormous font, the name calling, the bickering. Yikes! Probably time to stay away again.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:52 pm

I wish I could have all his energy--just minus all the hate.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:And this is why I sometimes stay away for days or weeks at a time. The screaming in red capital letters and enormous font, the name calling, the bickering. Yikes! Probably time to stay away again.
I'm sorry that my red letters appear "screaming" to you. I respect your interpretation of it, even though screaming is not what I intended. I would be happy to change the color and/or minimize the size of the font. Or is the message in general that upsets you?

MaxINTJ

Post by MaxINTJ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Madalot wrote:
Bertha deBlues wrote:And this is why I sometimes stay away for days or weeks at a time. The screaming in red capital letters and enormous font, the name calling, the bickering. Yikes! Probably time to stay away again.
I'm sorry that my red letters appear "screaming" to you. I respect your interpretation of it, even though screaming is not what I intended. I would be happy to change the color and/or minimize the size of the font. Or is the message in general that upsets you?
Honestly, the big red letters are distracting (to me), but so is the name calling. Folks just need to filter what they see or hear and move on. I am just vehemently opposed to censorship (or Newspeak) in any form.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:06 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
Madalot wrote:
Honestly, the big red letters are distracting (to me), but so is the name calling. Folks just need to filter what they see or hear and move on. I am just vehemently opposed to censorship (or Newspeak) in any form.
I can respect that. I've modified my signature to normal font in blue.

And for what it's worth, the name calling really gets to me too. I try really hard NOT to call anyone, even xxyzx, names. Since that's my biggest gripe about him, it would be hypocritical to do the same thing, right?

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:02 pm

Madalot: I'm sorry, I wasn't singling you out. There are several people (including xx) who have resorted to huge red exclamations in their signatures. I appreciate you toning yours down.

xx: I will not come to your defense again. Instead of saying "thanks," you increased your screaming and name-calling.

Lesson learned.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:20 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:Madalot: I'm sorry, I wasn't singling you out. There are several people (including xx) who have resorted to huge red exclamations in their signatures. I appreciate you toning yours down.

xx: I will not come to your defense again. Instead of saying "thanks," you increased your screaming and name-calling.

Lesson learned.
No apologies necessary. I'm happy to make a change if something I do is irritating or offensive to others. And I didn't feel singled out - I just happened to be the one who posted! No worries at all....

And this is why so many of us have a problem with xxyzx - he does what he wants and doesn't listen to anybody, about anything. And he's abusive. Many of us have a MAJOR problem with the "l" slur he slings about. I'm with Pugsy on that one!

I don't agree with people poking at him all the time just to poke (although I admit I have participated, something I am striving to stop). But I get why they do it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:28 pm

chunkyfrog wrote: It would be unamerican to deprive someone of their right to free speech,
Therebis no American right to free speech, only something saying the GOVERNMENT usually won't gag you, though, of course they routinely do. It doesn't apply at all to a forum like this.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.