Delete xxyzx??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MaxINTJ

Re: Delete xxyzx??

Post by MaxINTJ » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:48 pm

palerider wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote: It would be unamerican to deprive someone of their right to free speech,
Therebis no American right to free speech, only something saying the GOVERNMENT usually won't gag you, though, of course they routinely do. It doesn't apply at all to a forum like this.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So, yes we do, at least that's what the writers intended.
Phillips 960 AutoSV Paving Brick, Phillips Dreamwear Mask - Nothing is working.
Diagnosis of crappy sleep, desats under 80, maybe UARS

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Oh FGS!! Another thread all about xx. That's about all that will be accomplished. He's not going to get banned. No one will be able to get him banned. The owners of this site are the only ones who can ban him, and that's not going to happen!

This thread will just give more exposure to someone whose advice is incorrect much of the time and someone who tosses around ugly terms. A child is taught to use their words to express themselves. He doesn't know how to express himself or chooses not to. He'd rather call people the 'L' word and tell the world how he hates most people in it. Makes you kind of wonder if he likes anyone.

To the point -- this thread will give him the exposure he craves.

Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

loggerhead12

Post by loggerhead12 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

I've only been here a couple of days. You have some decent advice, but the signal-to-noise ratio around your posts is low because you're so belligerent, and you're not infallible. For example, you don't know what eustachian tubes are.

And that's all I have to say about that.

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:25 pm

this is what our leader (and the one who could ban him) has to say in a post back in july-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155894&p=1184554&hi ... h#p1184554

unless someone has something more current, it looks like he's not getting tossed out.

and for what it's worth, i agree with pale rider(!!). free speech is a guarantee that the government won't suppress rights to free speech. it has nothing to do with what a privately owned website chooses to do.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm

zonker wrote:and for what it's worth, i agree with pale rider(!!). free speech is a guarantee that the government won't suppress rights to free speech. it has nothing to do with what a privately owned website chooses to do.
I also agree.
The thing is...Johnny really, really doesn't like any form of censorship and that's why people get away with being mean and nasty and calling people names here. Johnny keeps hoping that people will learn to play nice and be nice....and it ain't gonna happen here as long as people can say just about anything and not get their hands slapped for it.

This is Johnny's forum and he has elected to take the "no censorship" approach.
This allows mr alphabet boy to behave the way he does BUT it also allows the others to say what they say.
What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

I think it is sad...totally takes away from the main purpose of the forum which is to help people...not see who can be the meanest and nastiest and poke the most often. The good we do gets overshadowed by the bickering and name calling.

FWIW...mr alphabet boy is often gives out incorrect, incomplete, inconsiderate or what he says doesn't really pertain to the OP he is responding to...remarks. He has been corrected fairly often. I know I have done it and many others but he refuses to acknowledge the corrections. He is not always right and the reason I don't come behind him and correct him (like his signature infers) is I have elected to simply not read his garbage. It's not that by my not saying much it means that I agree with what he says...all it means is that he isn't worth my time reading or saying anything about what he says.

So don't think for one minute because I don't follow his rants and correct him that I agree with him on anything...I just don't bother even reading it. About the only time I see it is when someone quotes one of his rants and even then I quickly skim past it.
He's on my Foe list for a reason. His attitude in general and his need to call people names when they dare make any comment about what he has said.. It's disgusting and racist and I simply don't want to read his shit. He's just as big a bully as he claims the others are that make him respond the way he does. I don't buy it for one minute. He likes being a bully and likes the attention...and you guys keep feeding him.

I tried being nice on more than one occasion. I got spit on. Lesson learned. I don't feed trolls or bullys or assholes. They aren't worth my time.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 pm

See Pugsy's post above
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Omne

Post by Omne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Bertha deBlues wrote:And this is why I sometimes stay away for days or weeks at a time. The screaming in red capital letters and enormous font, the name calling, the bickering. Yikes! Probably time to stay away again.
One of the reasons I haven't posted for months.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:29 pm

MaxINTJ wrote:
palerider wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote: It would be unamerican to deprive someone of their right to free speech,
Therebis no American right to free speech, only something saying the GOVERNMENT usually won't gag you, though, of course they routinely do. It doesn't apply at all to a forum like this.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So, you said nothing different than what I said... except you left out all the gag orders, national security letters, and a myriad of other things that routinely abridge one's right to 'free' speech.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:11 am

I've taken the expedient of putting xxyzx on my foe list. That way I don't get to read any of the replies he puts into threads and I can also see the threads he starts which I ignore. It's simple folks - don't feed the trolls. As a result my experience of this forum is without hassle.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 am

Holden4th wrote:I've taken the expedient of putting xxyzx on my foe list. That way I don't get to read any of the replies he puts into threads and I can also see the threads he starts which I ignore. It's simple folks - don't feed the trolls. As a result my experience of this forum is without hassle.
I'm asking just to be sure - if you put someone on your foe list, do you still see every time they are quoted? Or is that blocked as well?

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:40 am

MaxINTJ wrote:"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Actually this only says "Congress shall make no law..."; it explicitly leaves abridging of free speech to lessor governing bodies. If you look at the Federalist Papers its clear that the first amendment is more about preventing congress from running amok then protecting minority rights. If there is any doubt, consider that half the states had religious requirements for office holders.

The real source of minority protection is the 14th amendment, which basically says that all rights are to be enjoyed by all people,

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 am

Unfortunately, I don't think quotes are 'safe'... but I don't use the foe list (or have only done that 1-2 a few yrs ago) because I feel like a bird with its head in the sand... and that never helped a thing. I think it's more important to 'know your enemy', though of course poor xxxxyzyzxx is not an enemy but someone who needs lots of help.

Bertha deBlues

Post by Bertha deBlues » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:17 am

Madalot wrote:
Holden4th wrote:I've taken the expedient of putting xxyzx on my foe list. That way I don't get to read any of the replies he puts into threads and I can also see the threads he starts which I ignore. It's simple folks - don't feed the trolls. As a result my experience of this forum is without hassle.
I'm asking just to be sure - if you put someone on your foe list, do you still see every time they are quoted? Or is that blocked as well?
I have also put xxyzx on my foe list. While I'm logged in, I can see where he has said something, but instead of having my screen filled with his message, a line appears saying, "This post was made by xxyzx who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post." I have the option of clicking on "display this post" or simply moving on.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:32 am

Julie wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think quotes are 'safe'... but I don't use the foe list (or have only done that 1-2 a few yrs ago) because I feel like a bird with its head in the sand... and that never helped a thing. I think it's more important to 'know your enemy', though of course poor xxxxyzyzxx is not an enemy but someone who needs lots of help.
Thanks, Julie. This is what I was thinking as well. It seems kind futile to "foe" somebody when you'll see their comments quoted by others. Might as well just read them to start with. But that's just me.

I agree with your last statement as well. As much as xxyzx's comments infuriate me, I more feel more sorry for him than angry at him. Based on the way he views and treats others, he is one very miserable human being.

esel

Post by esel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:47 am

Julie wrote:Unfortunately, I don't think quotes are 'safe'... but I don't use the foe list (or have only done that 1-2 a few yrs ago) because I feel like a bird with its head in the sand... and that never helped a thing. I think it's more important to 'know your enemy', though of course poor xxxxyzyzxx is not an enemy but someone who needs lots of help.
I sure think he could need some help...

Just another thought as to xxwhyzx .

I remember, as a kid, playing lots of games. Some nice ones, some not so nice ones... And when as a kid your sense of survival, fear, ... is impaired you have a good chance not living too long. Cruel but it was one way of weeding out early in life. Now a days these kids are hidden, fear of parents being jugged on their off springs, or protected. Ether way, our system cumulates defects in living organisms.

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...