SOO CLEAN

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cdnduck

SOO CLEAN

Post by cdnduck » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Hi does anyone have one of these? How well does it work? do you use it every day? How much are they in Canada?

TedVPAP

Re: SOO CLEAN

Post by TedVPAP » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm

look down about 4 threads

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:28 pm

YOu could use the search feature on the top of this page...or read these posts. It's a waste of money
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=156204&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Popularly called "NO-Clean" by many here, it is considered a scam.
It is sad that people are taken advantage of by this company.
Actually WASHING your mask, tank, and hose is easier, cheaper, more effective, and better for your equipment.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:52 pm

A few forum members here have the So Clean. Most won't publicly admit to it.
They don't want to have to deal with the flack from the members who view the So Clean as a scam and/or waste of money.

I don't have one. I don't see the need. Soap and water works just fine and it isn't that big of a deal to wash things.
Besides...you still have to wash your mask to remove facial oils, grime, dirt, slobber, snot...whatever.
The So Clean just sanitizes things (assuming it even really kills anything) but it doesn't remove anything...so you end up with disinfected facial oils, grime, slobber, snot on your mask. They still recommend washing and will even sell you a product to use for washing by hand.

And those germs it kills...guess how they might have got on the mask...you put them on your mask yourself. You are already exposed to those germs anyway.

The only people who I might think who would maybe actually benefit ....people with severely compromised immune systems.
Like someone on some sort of immunosuppression medication or someone with other serious health issues where they want to avoid any and all germs that they can avoid.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kell420

Post by kell420 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:56 pm

My doctor said that soo clean was a scam use soap water and dump the water every day in the humidifier. I have to admit during long hours at work I got lazy forgot to dump the water a few times it got really slimy in that tank I could tell right away it smelled bad, and my nose would plug up. I clean the tank once every 3 days with soap and water then I put some clorox clean up spray in the tank let it sit for 5 minutes rinse it out just to kill anything that the soap didn't get rid of. Even with the nasty water never had any health problems.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:54 am

kell420 wrote:My doctor said that soo clean was a scam use soap water and dump the water every day in the humidifier. I have to admit during long hours at work I got lazy forgot to dump the water a few times it got really slimy in that tank I could tell right away it smelled bad, and my nose would plug up. I clean the tank once every 3 days with soap and water then I put some clorox clean up spray in the tank let it sit for 5 minutes rinse it out just to kill anything that the soap didn't get rid of. Even with the nasty water never had any health problems.
If you use Distilled water you should not get slime. I hardly ever dump my water...I just top it off ever 2 nights. I rinse it out every 2-3 weeks. I have been doing this since I got my current machine almost 4 years ago, My original humidifier cup is as clear as new.

SoCleanFan

Post by SoCleanFan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:26 am

cdnduck wrote:Hi does anyone have one of these? How well does it work? do you use it every day? How much are they in Canada?
I have one and really like it. Yes, you still need to wash stuff weekly or so, but the Soclean disinfects on days in between. It is expensive, which puts some people off, and the call it a scam, etc., mainly because they really want one but can't afford it

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:54 am

SoCleanFan wrote:
cdnduck wrote:Hi does anyone have one of these? How well does it work? do you use it every day? How much are they in Canada?
I have one and really like it. Yes, you still need to wash stuff weekly or so, but the Soclean disinfects on days in between. It is expensive, which puts some people off, and the call it a scam, etc., mainly because they really want one but can't afford it
As I mentioned in another thread related to this same comment you made there, there are many, many reasons a product may be critisized that have nothing to do with "wanting it but can't afford it." If you like it, that's fine. But to spend any amount of money, no matter how small, for something that I have determined would be of no benefit to me it not an intelligent decision. I emailed SoClean and asked on their FB page how SoClean could benefit me considering the cleaning process I have done over the last 10 years, that it's not inconvenient for me, and I've never had a respiratory illness in all that time. They never answer. And I am polite about it.
LSAT wrote:
kell420 wrote: My doctor said that soo clean was a scam use soap water and dump the water every day in the humidifier. I have to admit during long hours at work I got lazy forgot to dump the water a few times it got really slimy in that tank I could tell right away it smelled bad, and my nose would plug up. I clean the tank once every 3 days with soap and water then I put some clorox clean up spray in the tank let it sit for 5 minutes rinse it out just to kill anything that the soap didn't get rid of. Even with the nasty water never had any health problems.
If you use Distilled water you should not get slime. I hardly ever dump my water...I just top it off ever 2 nights. I rinse it out every 2-3 weeks. I have been doing this since I got my current machine almost 4 years ago, My original humidifier cup is as clear as new.
I wash my humidifier chamber once every two or three weeks. I MIGHT dump it once during that time, but usually just top if off. I always use distilled water. I used my first CPAP for eight years and never had anything in my chamber (other than water, of course) and never had any slimy feel except when I used tap water when I was out of town, which was seldom. On my current machine that I've had for almost two years, the chamber looks brand new.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am

WearyOne wrote:But to spend any amount of money, no matter how small, for something that I have determined would be of no benefit to me it not an intelligent decision.
+1

So Clean is just something else to mess with and clutter up the bedroom.

At best, So Clean is useless to someone who cleans their mask regularly.

At worst, So Clean will justify failure to clean the mask regularly. (Ozone treatment does not remove the biofilm. Biofilm is (quoting Pugsy) facial oils, grime, dirt, slobber, snot...whatever.)

kell420

Post by kell420 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:05 am

WearyOne wrote:
SoCleanFan wrote:
As I mentioned in another thread related to this same comment you made there, there are many, many reasons a product may be critisized that have nothing to do with "wanting it but can't afford it." If you like it, that's fine. But to spend any amount of money, no matter how small, for something that I have determined would be of no benefit to me it not an intelligent decision. I emailed SoClean and asked on their FB page how SoClean could benefit me considering the cleaning process I have done over the last 10 years, that it's not inconvenient for me, and I've never had a respiratory illness in all that time. They never answer. And I am polite about it.
LSAT wrote:
kell420 wrote: My doctor said that soo clean was a scam use soap water and dump the water every day in the humidifier. I have to admit during long hours at work I got lazy forgot to dump the water a few times it got really slimy in that tank I could tell right away it smelled bad, and my nose would plug up. I clean the tank once every 3 days with soap and water then I put some clorox clean up spray in the tank let it sit for 5 minutes rinse it out just to kill anything that the soap didn't get rid of. Even with the nasty water never had any health problems.
I wash my humidifier chamber once every two or three weeks. I MIGHT dump it once during that time, but usually just top if off. I always use distilled water. I used my first CPAP for eight years and never had anything in my chamber (other than water, of course) and never had any slimy feel except when I used tap water when I was out of town, which was seldom. On my current machine that I've had for almost two years, the chamber looks brand new.
I used distilled water and I can smell it when the water gets old.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:53 am

kell420 wrote:

If you use your CPAP every night, the water can't get old

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am

LSAT wrote:
kell420 wrote:

If you use your CPAP every night, the water can't get old
Just thought of one more thing No-Clean doesn't do, it doesn't purify or clean HH water. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:50 am

But, it does a nice job of keeping my chakras aligned.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:58 am

I use a capful of cheap vodka in the rinse water.
Best deodorizer ever.
(((Is my breath funky?--no problem!)))