SOO CLEAN

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JimW159

Re: SOO CLEAN

Post by JimW159 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Light bulb moment!
Does anyone want to buy a dishwasher based on So Clean's process?

If is good enough to clean something you bet your health on why not the plates you had your huevos rancheros on.
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1536& ... qaw#imgrc=_

cdnduck

Post by cdnduck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Just visited my local provider tonight and I notice they are now selling this item. $450 CDN and I believe you have to add tax to that. That would bring the total up to $508.5. Better hope it works, that is almost the cost of a new machine. Will try tomorrow to see if insurance will pay for any.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 pm

cdnduck wrote:Just visited my local provider tonight and I notice they are now selling this item. $450 CDN and I believe you have to add tax to that. That would bring the total up to $508.5. Better hope it works, that is almost the cost of a new machine. Will try tomorrow to see if insurance will pay for any.
What do you think it will do to solve your problem? Why would the INS pay for a product like that? I'd rather have the INS pay for Dawn , a bucket, and water. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

cdnduck

Post by cdnduck » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Jim lets be honest here, if it works for some people than it may work for others. No one is saying that it is perfect, I would just like to screen the people who own one to determine what percent of people like or dislike the machine.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 pm

Have you ever heard of the placebo effect?

Those people HAVE to believe... better that than thinking they got taken for $300!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:57 pm

cdnduck wrote:Jim lets be honest here, if it works for some people than it may work for others. No one is saying that it is perfect, I would just like to screen the people who own one to determine what percent of people like or dislike the machine.
That would be two different classes of people.

Those that bought one.

And those that know how things work.

Two different groups. I will confess if you spend $300 to $450 of your own money on one, the germs that were on that money will no longer infect you or your family.

That money could wash a lot of Ducks with Dawn. Personally I don't care if you buy one, or two even, most of us worked hard for our money, to spend it as we see fit, it's ours to use or waste, we get to decide, Lord knows I've wasted some of mine, after i figure I have I make it a point not to do it over again, but every now and again, something just jumps up and yells BUY ME! Trapped Again. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

cdnduck wrote:Jim lets be honest here, if it works for some people than it may work for others. No one is saying that it is perfect, I would just like to screen the people who own one to determine what percent of people like or dislike the machine.
Only, it doesn't work for anybody.

It doesn't actually function, but hey, if you feel good dropping a half a thou on a piece of junk, that might come on during the night an poison you.... go right ahead.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:52 am

Goofproof wrote:if you spend $300 to $450 of your own money on one, the germs that were on that money will no longer infect you or your family.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:45 am

Please share with us what "works for" means. What problems does it solve that improves the performance of the therapy? Also, regarding insurance paying for it: if insurance will not pay for Dawn (a direct competitor in terms of stated function) why would they pay for something that costs perhaps hundreds of times as much.

As an aside: Recently I was contacted by a market research company in Tampa FL looking for persons who used CPAP to participate in a focus group. The single question they asked me was "do you use So Clean." After answering "no" I was disqualified - they only wanted users. I took it as an indication of the focus group's agenda: find positive stories to support the heavy ad buys they have initiated to sell this door stop.

phuqueutoo

Post by phuqueutoo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 am

palerider wrote:
Only, it doesn't work for anybody.

It doesn't actually function, but hey, if you feel good dropping a half a thou on a piece of junk, that might come on during the night an poison you.... go right ahead.
I see the so-called experts saying it doesn't work, doesn't do anything, etc. Much the same way xxyzx expounds his opinions as fact. I would like to hear some facts. Not just opinions from people who have not even used the thing.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:15 am

phuqueutoo wrote: I see the so-called experts saying it doesn't work, doesn't do anything, etc. Much the same way xxyzx expounds his opinions as fact. I would like to hear some facts. Not just opinions from people who have not even used the thing.
There was one forum member who did use it and he worked somewhere (I forget where) where he was quite familiar with disinfection processes and did some testing and reported that the So Clean he used didn't really help beyond what soap and water would do in terms of actual disinfecting. He reported his findings here in one of the "So Clean" threads.
He ended up returning the So Clean.
I don't remember is name though...if I happen to remember it I will see if I can find that thread or you could used the search feature on the forum and start digging through all the So Clean threads. It's been in the last couple of years I think.

Obviously we don't have many forum members here who have actually used it and tested out the disinfection claims.

I haven't tried it mainly because I don't see the need. It gets promoted as something that its use insinuates that people don't have to do regular cleaning and that's simply not the case. A person still needs to wash stuff periodically to remove the facial oils, grime, slobber and snot unless they just like having disinfected crap stuck on their equipment. In my mind if I am going to have to wash it anyway why worry about nuking any bugs/germs that might be on the equipment. They are our germs anyway...we put them on the equipment ourselves.
Regular hot soapy water will get the job done.

The only exception I might make would be if someone has a compromised immune system...maybe nuking is worth it to them...if only for peace of mind.
Or maybe for peace of mind of a real hard core germaphobe and if they have the money to spend and it makes them happy...not my place to rain on their parade. I am sure I spend my money on stuff that people roll their eyes about.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:27 am

Pugsy wrote:...I am sure I spend my money on stuff that people roll their eyes about.
Please, Pugsy, don't put chili from Casper's in that category.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 am

JimW159 wrote:Please, Pugsy, don't put chili from Casper's in that category.
No worry about that. I wish I got to Springfield more often so that I could indulge myself with his chili...but to be honest...the chili I make is pretty darn close. I hate driving in Springfield with a passion so I only go there when I absolutely have to and when I do it's usually on the south side of town and there's a Steak and Shake real close...so I end up going there instead of going downtown and fighting all that traffic to get to Caspers.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

esel

Post by esel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:00 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:But, it does a nice job of keeping my chakras aligned.

??? do you sniff or smell it ??? it smells like chlorine.

you know it is a powerful oxidant...

From wikki
"The high oxidizing potential, causes ozone to damage mucous and respiratory tissues in animals, and also tissues in plants, above concentrations of about 100 ppb. This makes ozone a potent respiratory hazard and pollutant."

In my opinion it is a bad idea to use it on cpap equipment.

If it is so efficient to kill germs, what else will it kill ?

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...