Is there any way

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Is there any way

Post by Pugsy » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Ooops...my apology.
We have no way to know gender until someone adds it to their profile or mentions somewhere which is easily missed sometimes.
I saw this
My life includes
and my little pea brain saw "wife" instead of life.
I just misread it...not wearing my glasses.

At any rate..since you are female there is definite hope that we can reduce the pee breaks even more.
Of course sleep apnea isn't the only cause of nocturia...but there's a good chance things could improve a little more.

I probably shouldn't assume "wife" means the spouse is male in this day and time but I am an old woman who finds that 65 years of habit is hard to break sometimes.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sjmguest

Post by sjmguest » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:56 pm

Ah, don't apologize. It made me grin.
No spouse of any gender here....

Nite.

sjmguest

Post by sjmguest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:33 am

/0nB8xMh dot png

So, I thought I was sleeping quite well while it was happening.
I didn't wake up until about 3:00 and even then it was because a dog (one of mine) was barking.
However, as soon as I looked at the readout on the ResMed -- 7+ AHI??? -- I started noticing a distinct headache.
The power of suggestion? I don't know what to think.
What do you think?

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:54 pm

sjmguest wrote:/0nB8xMh dot png

So, I thought I was sleeping quite well while it was happening.
I didn't wake up until about 3:00 and even then it was because a dog (one of mine) was barking.
However, as soon as I looked at the readout on the ResMed -- 7+ AHI??? -- I started noticing a distinct headache.
The power of suggestion? I don't know what to think.
What do you think?
Here you go

http://www.imgur.com/0nB8xMh.png

-Bill

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:38 pm

sjmguest wrote:However, as soon as I looked at the readout on the ResMed -- 7+ AHI??? -- I started noticing a distinct headache.
The power of suggestion? I
The mind is a powerful tool.. It wouldn't be impossible for it to create a self fulfilling prophecy.
One of the reason when I was starting cpap therapy I always waited until the evening to look at the prior night's data. I waited until the day was over just in case I saw bad numbers and felt bad.

One day I happened to feel remarkable. I think it was bout 4 months into therapy and while the nocturia went away and the killer morning headaches had gone away I wasn't sleeping so great yet and not feeling so great. Better than before cpap for sure but not as good as I expected or wanting. So one day I had a remarkable day. Felt great all day.
Thought for sure that I must have finally had one of those elusive AHI 0.0 nights. I didn't look at the data at all until evening and then much to my surprise it showed 10.8 I think it was 10.something or other for sure.
There is no doubt in my mind if I had seen that number first thing in the morning it would have clouded my perception of the day. My butt would have been dragging all day for sure.

The mind is a powerful tool. Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes that's a not so good thing.

All that said...you had enough events to maybe cause a headache... Between the events and the fractured sleep it wouldn't be impossible for the headache to be a real headache and not something that the mind caused.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

sjmguest

Post by sjmguest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Well that's about what I figured: It is what it is

I'm just gonna stick with this set-up for a few days and see if there is any pattern.

I'll let you know what it looks like in a day or two...or tomorrow...

sjmguest

Post by sjmguest » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:22 pm

You might think so, except that I've been waking up multiple times per night for years without any headaches at all.
Pretty much every 90 minutes or two hours over 9-10 hours.
The headaches in the morning are pretty recent....

So, my post might better have said "didn't wake up until...." to make it clearer that it was an improvement from my perspective.

I'm gonna try the pretending the numbers aren't there thing for a few days and see how I feel....
"Try" is the operative word.

sjmguest

Post by sjmguest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:06 pm

Psychological is right.
I'm afraid I am not equipped to use this equipment.

I'll try again in the future if/as/when I can't manage on my own.