To xxyzx

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ThatGuyTyh-ish

To xxyzx

Post by ThatGuyTyh-ish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Buddy, you take some SERIOUS heat every... single... time... you post ANYTHING. I may be new here, and may not have necessarily read everything I need to fully understand why all this hate is coming your way but in my opinion I haven't seen anything from you as "wrong" or "dangerous". I mean, you may not have the BEST replies, with all the BEST knowledge but I haven't seen anything malevolent. In any case, I could easily be wrong and I may find out why soon enough but I just wanted to give you a shout out for being THE MOST RESILIENT SOB I have ever seen.

DAYMX5

Re: To xxyzx

Post by DAYMX5 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:01 pm

I second that. Some people on this board are just downright hateful.

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Cue Popcorn and drink....

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:48 pm

Odd, the "also posted as" list does NOT include xxyzx!
Must be a WORK computer!

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:16 pm

Just keep drinking your Kool Aid.
Have a nice day.

ThatGuyTyh-ish

Post by ThatGuyTyh-ish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:18 pm

At the VERY LEAST I haven't seen anything to justify blindly hating. I can make my own opinions and will but I refuse to hate anyone on the sole basis that someone else (or social consensus) tells me I should. Hell, I may even be a libtard to some regard but regardless of any matter of opinion, open conversation is the key to peaceful resolution.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:05 pm

ThatGuyTyh-ish wrote:Buddy, you take some SERIOUS heat every... single... time... you post ANYTHING. I may be new here, and may not have necessarily read everything I need to fully understand why all this hate is coming your way but in my opinion I haven't seen anything from you as "wrong" or "dangerous". I mean, you may not have the BEST replies, with all the BEST knowledge but I haven't seen anything malevolent. In any case, I could easily be wrong and I may find out why soon enough but I just wanted to give you a shout out for being THE MOST RESILIENT SOB I have ever seen.
I didn't pay much attention to him UNTIL he made claims that ASV & AVAPS are essentially the same thing. They are NOT. And when people posted the facts, he insisted on his interpretation of the information, which is not accurate. Pugsy & Robysue (among other very knowledgeable people here) spent a ton of time trying to explain the differences to him and why ASV is for one problem, but AVAPS is prescribed for totally different issues. He INSISTED on saying, and thereby telling people that chose to listen, that they were the same. In essence, he was proclaiming (and not listening when told he was wrong) that if a person is on a Trilogy using AVAPS, an ASV could/would do the same thing. While he admitted the Trilogy "might" have more features, he was insistent that they are the same thing.

Dangerous because if a person is prescribed a Trilogy (using AVAPS) and chooses to believe his interpretation of facts he read, they could stop AVAPS for ASV and could cause serious harm to themselves.

The reason he gets so much flack is because if you tell him he's wrong about anything, he embarks on a vicious name calling spree that is uncalled for in any forum.

Some of his posts are innocent and even contain some accurate information. He's not always wrong. I'll concede that. But his behavior towards being corrected, when he is, in fact, WRONG, is what has earned him the reputation he has.

Any of us can make a mistake. Myself included. When someone points that out, most don't start screaming "bullies" and calling everyone that contradicts them "libtards" which he has done consistently when he's told that he is mistaken about anything.

His behavior and attitude are fine as long as you don't tell him he's wrong in his interpretation of facts.

ThatGuyTyh-ish

Post by ThatGuyTyh-ish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:31 pm

In that context, it is completely understandable but it looks to me like it has gone beyond that. No matter what his comment is whether it's a little helpful, very helpful or not helpful at all, it has been met with an attack. Systematically. That's what erks me. Maybe he will say something I disagree with and if so I will tell him in the thread but to systematically dismiss every single thing he says and attack him for simply posting, it puts you in the wrong.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:42 pm

ThatGuyTyh-ish wrote:In that context, it is completely understandable but it looks to me like it has gone beyond that. No matter what his comment is whether it's a little helpful, very helpful or not helpful at all, it has been met with an attack. Systematically. That's what erks me. Maybe he will say something I disagree with and if so I will tell him in the thread but to systematically dismiss every single thing he says and attack him for simply posting, it puts you in the wrong.
You are entitled to your opinion. I respect it. And perhaps if I were on your side of this, I might even agree with you. But I have watched how horrible he has been, the name calling of some very respected people on this form, and just how nasty he can get. He complains about being bullied on this forum yet when someone corrects him, even politely, he goes off on a tangent calling them names. Anybody that has the mitigated gall to disagree with him is called a libtard. That's as much bullying as anything that was done to him. He's reaping exactly what he has sown. And and that is my opinion, which is shared by others who have been the victim of his nastiness.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ThatGuyTyh-ish

Post by ThatGuyTyh-ish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Only time will tell I suppose but one things for sure, I won't hate on someone simply because someone else does.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:10 pm

ThatGuyTyh-ish wrote:Only time will tell I suppose but one things for sure, I won't hate on someone simply because someone else does.
Fair enough. You and I have a different opinion and different viewpoint. Neither is us has gotten rude or resorted to name calling. If xxyzx could behave this way, you and I wouldn't be having this discussion.

ThatGuyTyh-ish

Post by ThatGuyTyh-ish » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:27 pm

Madalot wrote:
ThatGuyTyh-ish wrote:Only time will tell I suppose but one things for sure, I won't hate on someone simply because someone else does.
Fair enough. You and I have a different opinion and different viewpoint. Neither is us has gotten rude or resorted to name calling. If xxyzx could behave this way, you and I wouldn't be having this discussion.

And yet still the jab to xxyzx lol but to be fair, I'm still new. I'll keep reading and forming my opinions on people based on what I see them post and the behaviour I see moving forward.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:50 pm

ThatGuyTyh-ish wrote:In that context, it is completely understandable but it looks to me like it has gone beyond that. No matter what his comment is whether it's a little helpful, very helpful or not helpful at all, it has been met with an attack. Systematically. That's what erks me. Maybe he will say something I disagree with and if so I will tell him in the thread but to systematically dismiss every single thing he says and attack him for simply posting, it puts you in the wrong.

It's simple. When people are called obnoxious names because they are correcting inaccurate information, on a constant basis, it becomes hard not to hit back. I've been here for ten years and I've never seen people react in the manner they have - i.e., putting a warning about what he says in their signature. The first impression of him wasn't a good one, and decent people have and will take offense to the disgusting choice of words he continues to use. Some of his posts have been 'normal' and I've not seen where anyone has commented; but his continued use of inaccurate information and distasteful language lingers in the minds of most here.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 pm

Lucy and Maddie are correct.
I do not "hate" "x", but I respectfully exercise my right to correct misinformation and ugly name-calling.
This is on behalf of those who can be/have been HARMED by following misleading "advice".
If you go back and read some of the ugliness this person has spewed forth, you might understand.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:55 pm

It's important in this life to know the difference between hate and trying to deflect misinformation. Hate is a negative thing for everyone involved, and I don't believe is at issue here. Trying to deflect misinformation is a positive thing, and benefits everyone.