How has your experience been with the SoClean2 Sanitizing?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dnthomas

Re: How has your experience been with the SoClean2 Sanitizing?

Post by dnthomas » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:40 pm

You realize you are not breathing in Ozone with the Soclean. Ozane is used in hospitals as a sanitizer as it works very well. The amount of Ozone created is 25ppm (parts per million)

Love my Soclean2, I put my mask in when I wake up. I have it set to do its thing at 10am, when I come home in the evening the lights are green (if for some reason not, I just push. Manual to force it through a cycle. I. Just open the lid and leave it until I go to bed. Mask smells fresh, like sheets that have dried in the sun on the clothesline.

Granted if you want to sniff Ozone, that's not good but the levels created by the Soclean are well below acceptable levels under any measure. Ozone does not cling to the mask. Clean smell that I enjoy.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:56 pm

dnthomas wrote:You realize you are not breathing in Ozone with the Soclean. Ozane is used in hospitals as a sanitizer as it works very well. The amount of Ozone created is 25ppm (parts per million).
You realize that the machines used in hospitals create FAR MORE than 25ppm? like... an effective amount?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:51 pm

Just saw this on another CPAP site.....

TheLankyLefty I need some advice. I woke up at 3am an my SoClean had came on by itself, it had already gone through the cleaning and was in the caution (Yellow Light Stage) even though I did not have anything hooked up to it, the small black hose running to my water tank was connected. When I woke up I had to fight very hard to breath, since this has happened I am having trouble walking very far without being out of breath. I am very concerned about the damage that may have been done to my lungs, or is it just my fear of what happened. I just hope this does not happen to anyone else, it is scary as hell having to fight to breath, I really thought it was over for me at the time. Just sharing a nightmare experience. I hope no one else has had this problem, if so what was the after effects.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:43 pm

Having a potentially hazardous device continuously hooked up WHILE YOU ARE USING IT sounds like a really bad idea.
I prefer an air gap--something like 800 miles should do.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:36 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Having a potentially hazardous device continuously hooked up WHILE YOU ARE USING IT sounds like a really bad idea.
Preferably upwind from the machine, in a field, with wind blowing. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

SoCleanFan

Post by SoCleanFan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:29 am

Goofproof wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:Having a potentially hazardous device continuously hooked up WHILE YOU ARE USING IT sounds like a really bad idea.
Interesting how we tend to dump and criticize something we really want, but can't afford. If the ozone smell (which I never noticed) bothers you, start your CPAP, sit on it, and fart.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:32 am

SoCleanFan wrote:
Interesting how we tend to dump and criticize something we really want, but can't afford.
I've read this argument on here before related to SoClean. For me, anyway, it's not a case of wanting this and I can't afford it. I don't think it's worth any amount of money, even a small amount. to buy a product to do something I can do just as well or better myself. For me, that would be wasting money, which I prefer not to do. If someone else likes it, that's perfectly fine.

I've contacted the company several times by email and on their FB page, explaining what I've been doing with my cpap and mask for over ten years, how it's not inconvenient for me to do, and that I haven't had a respiratory illness in all that time, and then asking considering all this, how could SoClean benefit me. They never answer. And believe me, I'm polite about it as well. So just given what I've read about it on their site, FB page, and on here, it would be of no benefit to me whatsoever

It's definitely not always a case of "wanting it but can't afford it" that causes criticism of a product.

Dennis03

Post by Dennis03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:53 am

I've been using a CPAP FOR about 10 years now. I'm on my second version of the System One. With either machine, I get a thin film of something in my reservoir. Since I bought my SoClean 2, that hasn't happened.

For those who argue that the germs are their germs, that's not true. Anytime that you have been ill, it's likely that you were infected by another's germs. Anytime you see mold on food in your home, those germs did not originate with you. You are arguing against the use of a machine with false logic.

I recently visited my sleep clinic at the VA for them to check out my machine. They told me that EVERYONE empties their reservoir every morning and fills it every evening.I disagreed and on my way out of the sleep clinic I did an informal survey of the five or six waiting there. No one did that.

The smell in my mask after using SoClean is like a strong smell right after a thunderstorm. I've never heard anyone say they don't like that smell. In fact the smell of my mask is assurance that it did its job.

The only complaint I have with SoClean is that it discolored the tubing on my mask. I asked SoClean about it and sent them a photo of the discolored tube and received no response. I quit using that mask. I doubt that it's a danger, but just in case. I'd like SoClean to respond to my statement that I just made

Dennis03

Post by Dennis03 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:12 am

chunkyfrog wrote:THEIR words, of course.
No law requires advertising to be truthful.
Why so negative? People are trying to get legitimate info. Why not let them?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:44 am

Dennis03 wrote:For those who argue that the germs are their germs, that's not true. Anytime that you have been ill, it's likely that you were infected by another's germs. Anytime you see mold on food in your home, those germs did not originate with you. You are arguing against the use of a machine with false logic
Ahhh...but once you bring those germs home they are your germs.
Mold is not a germ BTW...it's a fungus and you brought the potential home with you from the grocery store or the spores are already in your house...they are indeed your germs and spores because they are in your house.

Using a So Clean isn't going to help you not get sick when the old lady/man behind you in the store is coughing and sneezing with a cold or the flu and sharing their germs with you ....but when you bring those germs home with you...they are your germs. Too late for So Clean or anything to nuke them...you will either catch the bug or ward it off depending on your own immune system.
So unless you let that old lady/man in your house and in your bedroom to cough and sneeze all over your equipment...how do you think those germs got there?
Dennis03 wrote:Why so negative? People are trying to get legitimate info. Why not let them?
Because people get to offer their opinion just like you got to offer yours....which makes me wonder...brand new to the forum with 2 posts here and both defending So Clean.
We get people here who come just to shout the So Clean praises and no other reason because they are paid for shouting those praises.
Are you one of those people?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 am

Dennis03 wrote:
chunkyfrog wrote:THEIR words, of course.
No law requires advertising to be truthful.
Why so negative? People are trying to get legitimate info. Why not let them?
Because a *SCAM* isn't 'legitimate info'.

Here's some actually legitimate info:
viewtopic/t157842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 9#p1210375

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:46 am

SoCleanFan wrote:
Goofproof wrote:
Interesting how we tend to dump and criticize something we really want, but can't afford. If the ozone smell (which I never noticed) bothers you, start your CPAP, sit on it, and fart.
Totally agree! I use, and like my SoClean.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:20 am

I have a Ozone generator built into my bedroom A/C, two years now, it NEVER been turned on, and won't be. Am I afraid the ozone will clean me out of bed, no I'm not because ozone doesn't clean. If it provided ozone strong enough to kill all the germs in my bedroom, I would be dead before the germs... Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:39 pm

The proponents of SC need to watch the review by Thelankylefty.
Sadly, once they have joined the CULT, most will never be reprogrammed.
At least they are still using CPAP . . .

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:The proponents of SC need to watch the review by Thelankylefty.
Sadly, once they have joined the CULT, most will never be reprogrammed.
At least they are still using CPAP . . .
The may have succumb to Brain Eating Microbes, not kill by the SC No Clean machine. Unless the Brain Eating Microbes, died from starvation, before purchase.

"At least they are still using CPAP", and the dirt left behind still hasn't killed them, yet! Jim