How has your experience been with the SoClean2 Sanitizing?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jsielke

Re: How has your experience been with the SoClean2 Sanitizing?

Post by jsielke » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:41 am

Pugsy wrote:
Dennis03 wrote:For those who argue that the germs are their germs, that's not true. Anytime that you have been ill, it's likely that you were infected by another's germs. Anytime you see mold on food in your home, those germs did not originate with you. You are arguing against the use of a machine with false logic
Ahhh...but once you bring those germs home they are your germs.
Mold is not a germ BTW...it's a fungus and you brought the potential home with you from the grocery store or the spores are already in your house...they are indeed your germs and spores because they are in your house.

Using a So Clean isn't going to help you not get sick when the old lady/man behind you in the store is coughing and sneezing with a cold or the flu and sharing their germs with you ....but when you bring those germs home with you...they are your germs. Too late for So Clean or anything to nuke them...you will either catch the bug or ward it off depending on your own immune system.
So unless you let that old lady/man in your house and in your bedroom to cough and sneeze all over your equipment...how do you think those germs got there?
Dennis03 wrote:Why so negative? People are trying to get legitimate info. Why not let them?
Because people get to offer their opinion just like you got to offer yours....which makes me wonder...brand new to the forum with 2 posts here and both defending So Clean.
We get people here who come just to shout the So Clean praises and no other reason because they are paid for shouting those praises.
Are you one of those people?

Pugsy, I would have expected better from you. I like my SoClean, and nobody has paid me to say so. Opinions on the efficacy of SoClean are one thing, but personal attacks on the users of same are more worthy of xxyzx.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:46 am

I'm still waiting for my check for hawking the values of So No Clean, that they promised. I may have been scammed. Jim

How long did it take you to get their check!
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:29 am

jsielke wrote:Pugsy, I would have expected better from you. I like my SoClean, and nobody has paid me to say so. Opinions on the efficacy of SoClean are one thing, but personal attacks on the users of same are more worthy of xxyzx.
I just reread what I said and I thought it was rather mild.

I didn't personally attack anyone or say they were a dumb ass or a libtard or anything like that.

All I did was explain what I mean when I say "your germs" and that we get to voice our opinion just like the people who sing the praises of the SoClean.
And I asked in a nice polite way if he was employed by SoClean because we get a lot of those people here.
Funny thing....often they use their work email when creating the ID...and big surprise...it's real easy to see if they are working for so and so company and come here to just get a free plug in for the product. It happens all the time.

I don't see any personal attacks anywhere in what I said that you quoted. If you see it...I don't and I certainly didn't mean it to be that way but sometimes people see things in something that really wasn't intended to be there...maybe because they are defensive about using the So Clean.

I don't see anywhere that I have attacked anyone for using the So Clean. Certainly didn't say anything to you at all.

All I did was explain why I feel that germs we bring home become "our germs" and the people who are anti So Clean have the right to voice their opinions too. If you have a problem with that then I don't know how to please you because you are seeing something that wasn't in my mind at all.

Now later on I admit I got a bit snarky with that particular person but that was after he said I was ignorant and was pretty snarky to me...so I gave a little right back at him but still wasn't nearly as ugly as I could have been. And still didn't call him a dumb ass or libtard or anything like that.
A long way from the alphabet child's typical response.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:17 am

I cannot help thinking of the tried and true strategies of confidence games.
Once a person has PAID for something, they are reluctant to admit they have been deceived.
Con artists SEEK intelligent people who are highly confident in their own judgement.
A creative mind can invent the logic to maintain the needed level of self deceit,
so that one can avoid admitting they have been FOOLED.
The victims actually help those who prey on them--and they are not stupid people.
Persons of low intelligence can be less trusting of anyone's statements--less prone to cons.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:40 pm

I'm really at a total loss as to why anyone would think sanitizing a xpap system could help anything.
  • - A machine/mask cannot "get sick" on its own and then give it to me, the user of the machine/mask.
    - The room air that the machine uses is the same air that I breathe, so if germs are in the air, I'm going to breathe in those germs straight from the room air anyway.
    - If I get a cold from my husband, is someone saying I can "infect" my equipment which can then somehow give the cold back to me?
    - Cleaning by hand once a week or even less often and using distilled water (really cheap) gets rid of anything that might build up.
I've been on xpap for almost 11 years and have had maybe two colds, the latest one a very mild version of what my husband had. It lasted at most five days. that was over a month ago. The machine hasn't given me that cold back yet.

I only clean my humidifier chamber once every couple of weeks and baby-wipe my mask seal once a day, washing it once a week. Wash my hose maybe once a month.

If someone wants to use it, that's their decision, of course, but I honestly don't understand how it does any good at all to keep someone from getting sick.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:52 pm

We do not live in a germ free environment. We are constantly exposed to various germs from the time we are born until we die. The human body is quite adaptable and is able to ward off most of the harmful germs by building up immunity to them through exposure to them. You may create a sterile micro environment when you run the machine, but as soon as you open the unit and take the mask out, you expose it to all the germs in the room and on your skin when you touch it. Then you put more of your germs on it when you wear the mask and breath into it. Personally, I prefer to just wash our equipment on a regular schedule.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Dennis03 wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
Dennis03 wrote:
Because people get to offer their opinion just like you got to offer yours....which makes me wonder...brand new to the forum with 2 posts here and both defending So Clean.
We get people here who come just to shout the So Clean praises and no other reason because they are paid for shouting those praises.
Are you one of those people?
So, if I'm new, my opinions don't matter. I came here originally to see if anyone else has experienced discoloration from using the SoClean system. I have. HOWEVER, I still believe it's an effective method of sanitizing my mask and machine. You call it a scam. I call it a solution. If you don't like it DON'T USE IT, but there are many satisfied users. No, I don't work for SoClean. I was like you - ignorant. My wife bought it for my birthday. I took several days before I set it up. Since then, I've become a believer. I no longer have a film of whatever in my reservoir. If you like that film, good for you. Yeah, you don't have that film. You're perfect. Do some research and you will find that I - and you - are not alone in the film thing.

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-film-in ... AP-machine

Now, if you're done attacking people simply because they haven't been on this forum as long as you have, have a nice day.

I do not care one way or the other about soclean, but the referenced question about stuff in the tank of CPAP is answered about dust or minerals, not a shred of comment about biofilms or slime layers. I am sure that the soclen cannot elimintate either duct or mineral accumulations.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:20 pm

So, which equipment manufacturers suggest that their stuff get cleaned by SoClean, again? Did I miss that?

Because, as far as I know, it's the same number of equipment manufacturers that also recommend using heavy-grit sandpaper and platinum files to scrape off a layer of plastic twice a day to be sure we remove all the alien-space-dust cooties that accumulate inside the bowels of our equipment as a residue from the sun-spot activity running amok in nearby star systems.

I apologize in advance if my language in this post is too harsh for some forum readers.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:27 pm

Pugsy wrote: . . . Funny thing....often they use their work email when creating the ID...and big surprise...it's real easy to see if they are working for so and so company and come here to just get a free plug in for the product. It happens all the time.
Shhhh! Never give away what gives them away.

Don't reveal insight. They can smell insight. And then they adapt and spawn.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Dennis03 wrote:
Because your toy is harmful to plastics and silicone. (silicone and ozone don't mix).
It's EXTREMELY easy to get the facts on the Internet. Type in a few key words and let it go. I typed in "Silicone, compatible, ozone" . I already knew the answers because I had spent years in fluidics and knew that it was compatible since I had worked with ozone. But don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. If it doesn't agree with you, you can call it a lie or fake news. However, this is not my opinion or yours. These are facts from an organization that rates compatibility of materials in the presence of ozone. If you read down far enough, you'll find that silicone is rated EXCELLENT:

https://www.ozonesolutions.com/info/ozo ... -materials

I'm done with this website. It has a bunch of people who do not accept ANYONE disagreeing with them. My original post was about discoloration of the tube on my mask and to ask if anyone else had that experience. NOT ONE person responded to that.
Attack is less likely because double bonds form a very small proportion of the chains, and with the latter, the chlorination reduces the electron density in the double bonds, therefore lowering their propensity to react with ozone. That does not mean that it's completely proof from effects of ozone.
Dennis03 wrote:Have a good one. I didn't find any help with this group.
Nor us with you.... Please don't be one of the lying twits that promises to leave, and doesn't.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:52 pm

Pugsy wrote:
. wrote:Pugsy, I would have expected better from you. I like my SoClean, and nobody has paid me to say so. Opinions on the efficacy of SoClean are one thing, but personal attacks on the users of same are more worthy of xxyzx.
I just reread what I said and I thought it was rather mild.

I didn't personally attack anyone or say they were a dumb ass or a libtard or anything like that.

All I did was explain what I mean when I say "your germs" and that we get to voice our opinion just like the people who sing the praises of the SoClean.
And I asked in a nice polite way if he was employed by SoClean because we get a lot of those people here.
Funny thing....often they use their work email when creating the ID...and big surprise...it's real easy to see if they are working for so and so company and come here to just get a free plug in for the product. It happens all the time.

I don't see any personal attacks anywhere in what I said that you quoted. If you see it...I don't and I certainly didn't mean it to be that way but sometimes people see things in something that really wasn't intended to be there...maybe because they are defensive about using the So Clean.

I don't see anywhere that I have attacked anyone for using the So Clean. Certainly didn't say anything to you at all.

All I did was explain why I feel that germs we bring home become "our germs" and the people who are anti So Clean have the right to voice their opinions too. If you have a problem with that then I don't know how to please you because you are seeing something that wasn't in my mind at all.

Now later on I admit I got a bit snarky with that particular person but that was after he said I was ignorant and was pretty snarky to me...so I gave a little right back at him but still wasn't nearly as ugly as I could have been. And still didn't call him a dumb ass or libtard or anything like that.
A long way from the alphabet child's typical response.
There's no valid reason to defend yourself against that unwarranted attack.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:54 pm

WearyOne wrote:.
I'm really at a total loss as to why anyone would think sanitizing a xpap system could help anything.
  • - A machine/mask cannot "get sick" on its own and then give it to me, the user of the machine/mask.
    - The room air that the machine uses is the same air that I breathe, so if germs are in the air, I'm going to breathe in those germs straight from the room air anyway.
    - If I get a cold from my husband, is someone saying I can "infect" my equipment which can then somehow give the cold back to me?
    - Cleaning by hand once a week or even less often and using distilled water (really cheap) gets rid of anything that might build up.
I've been on xpap for almost 11 years and have had maybe two colds, the latest one a very mild version of what my husband had. It lasted at most five days. that was over a month ago. The machine hasn't given me that cold back yet.[

I only clean my humidifier chamber once every couple of weeks and baby-wipe my mask seal once a day, washing it once a week. Wash my hose maybe once a month..
You're 100% correct.

I've seen the bullshit soclean commercials, they are fearmongering crap.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:36 pm

palerider wrote: I've seen the . . . soclean commercials, they are fearmongering crap.
I have made it my policy not to continue to watch any channel that shows SoClean commercials.

Well, with the possible exception of this thread.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:44 pm

jnk... wrote:
palerider wrote: I've seen the . . . soclean commercials, they are fearmongering crap.
I have made it my policy not to continue to watch any channel that shows SoClean commercials.

Well, with the possible exception of this thread.
Sometimes, I end up with the tv on while at dialysis... and I've seen those commercials, but I don't remember who's lowered themselves to taking the money.

There's a terrible amount of 'medical' advertisements... cuz it's profitable crap.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:15 pm

If I dare to mention the product which may not be named, the bots drop ads on me.
I know I could hide, but that is not me.