Need advice for new machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Need advice for new machine

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:57 pm

It's possible that you simply needed more than the 9.5 minimum to do a better job and you might need more no matter which brand of machine you get.

If you get another auto adjusting capable machine you can use either fixed or apap mode.
As to which brand might be better in terms of the apap mode algorithm...don't know ...you might only need to have a slightly higher minimum in the machine you are using now.

Would you do "better" with the ResMed algorithm...in all honesty that's an unknown and we have no way to know unless you actually try one.
When I was using apap machines...I couldn't tell any difference in auto modes between the 2 brands in terms of pressure needs or results or sleep.
Now that I am using a different type of machine I can tell the difference but it's a totally different type of auto adjusting machine so I can't compare apap to what I am using now. Different algorithms just in the type of machine I am using. They would be different even if I stayed with one brand.

You really can't go wrong with the 2 main players though...stick with tried and true since you are used to it or maybe try something new and try the ResMed. I would be very surprised if you were unhappy with the ResMed though. But it does do things a little differently and sometimes different doesn't always work out so great. I don't think I have ever had a Respironics user switch to a ResMed and complain about the ResMed.... at least I haven't seen it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Oh...since your pressure needs are likely going to be in the double digits...I might lean towards the ResMed if it were me and I liked to use exhale relief. I do think that the ResMed EPR exhale relief beats out the Flex exhale relief at the higher pressures. Just feels more natural to me. Not that Flex is bad...just that EPR is a tad better at the double digit pressures.

Now if you have never used any sort of exhale relief it may not be important to you but just thought I would mention it.
I rather like it myself...just feels more like normal breathing and I don't have to work at exhaling and I never want to do any more work than I just have to.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Ref33

Post by Ref33 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:24 pm

So I was going to give it a week and see where my 90% is at and bring up the lower end. I also noticed last night my Airfit p-10 was having a little trouble keeping the seal at the higher pressure..