Beware xxyzx-Gives Dangerously WRONG Info

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Madalot

Re: Beware xxyzx-Gives Dangerously WRONG Info

Post by Madalot » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:30 am

Holden4th wrote:Folks......an old internet adage is "Do not feed the Trolls". I don't see any of this guy's posts because I pulled the kill switch on him. Can I respectfully suggest that we all do the same?
I learned a while back that using the "kill switch" as you phrase it, doesn't solve it, sadly. And with him, he's too active and he's quoted so often that you see his crap anyway.

Copied post from the other thread - just reiterating here:

I see your point on this and part of me agrees with it. It does make us look bad to "bag" him in this manner. In our defense, we've had people similar to him in the past and to the best of my recollection, this is the FIRST time we've ever taken this action. I've been here over 7 years. He's a special kind of "whack-a-doodle" that crosses into SCARY AS HELL with his name calling and THREATS. Threatening to kill us all is NOT something I can blow off very easily. If it was just bad information, I believe you have the right idea - correct the inaccurate information and ignore the rest. But he crosses over into an area that requires more direct action - thus why we've done what we've done.

But I respect your opinion on it and appreciate your sharing your point of view. And to alphabet guy - this is how mature, grownups respond to people when they disagree. Not that you'll absorb this. It's beyond your willingness or capability.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:20 am

xxyzx wrote: ======

apply the duck test
walks quacks looks like a

you pass the duck test for doing what libtards do
and saying illogical things like they say
We have applied this test -- to you!

The troll (you) just refuses to accept the test results.

I have been corrected myself a couple of times here but am honest enough to admit when I am mistaken and learn from the experience.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:37 am

Bumpity-Bump.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:55 am

Holden4th wrote:Folks......an old internet adage is "Do not feed the Trolls". I don't see any of this guy's posts because I pulled the kill switch on him. Can I respectfully suggest that we all do the same?
No, because then he gets to spew his ignorance and idiocy to people that don't know any better, and then THEY pay the price.

Sticking your head in the sand won't make the problem go away, but feel free to do so for yourself.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:24 pm

palerider wrote:
No, because then he gets to spew his ignorance and idiocy to people that don't know any better, and then THEY pay the price.
Unfortunately, doing the right thing with the warnings actually gives X what he wants...more attention. BUT making sure others are aware of his huge tenandcy to post inaccurate information I believe takes precedence. I know he's probably getting a big laugh out of this at our expense, but again, that's not really important in the major picture. I know I'm not going to respond to him anymore, except to point out his inaccuracies in medical/xPAP information where I know they exist. (And he'll probably quote me here and say his usual, that he doesn't make mistakes and no one has proven he has, name call a few times...and so on ad nauseam). I've said it before and not done it, but I have a new roll of duct tape and think I can truly stop now.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:41 pm

The more I see, the more certain I am that he is being PAID to troll this forum
---because the REAL information being shared here is taking a big bite out of somebody's ungodly PROFITS.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we could just gather up all his errors and where he's been told they're errors and it was explained why he's wrong and put them all in one thread. PR pointed out just recently in another thread where his information was wrong and why. ("Help interpreting my sh graph") I wouldn't have known it was wrong until PR said it was and why. Then I looked it up and PR was right; X was wrong.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:09 pm

WearyOne wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could just gather up all his errors and where he's been told they're errors and it was explained why he's wrong and put them all in one thread. PR pointed out just recently in another thread where his information was wrong and why. ("Help interpreting my sh graph") I wouldn't have known it was wrong until PR said it was and why. Then I looked it up and PR was right; X was wrong.
And if you go to the thread regarding AVAPS and end of life - there's a lot in that one where he is wrong. A LOT.

That's the thread that kind of got me involved since I personally use a Trilogy with AVAPS.

tiredNorlando

Post by tiredNorlando » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:14 pm

The more everyone feeds this person xyzx whatever, the more attention they get.. Ignore and they'll go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:27 pm

Madalot wrote:
WearyOne wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could just gather up all his errors and where he's been told they're errors and it was explained why he's wrong and put them all in one thread. PR pointed out just recently in another thread where his information was wrong and why. ("Help interpreting my sh graph") I wouldn't have known it was wrong until PR said it was and why. Then I looked it up and PR was right; X was wrong.
And if you go to the thread regarding AVAPS and end of life - there's a lot in that one where he is wrong. A LOT.

That's the thread that kind of got me involved since I personally use a Trilogy with AVAPS.
And this is another great example of why, even though we'd like to ignore him, it's not the right thing to do. I know nothing about that type of machine. If I needed some information on that or was trying to figure out if my symptoms might warrant it or not and read some of his stuff without the corrections given by so many I would be headed in the wrong direction and maybe even mess up my treatment. Often different suggestions to a problem are all okay to do. But as you know, in his case often his advice is absolutely wrong, not just a different opinion or different-but-okay way to go.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Ajack - the USA is a Republic, not a liberal democracy. In a democracy, majority rules, thank goodness our forefathers knew that mob rule was not a way to elect our president.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:19 pm

tiredNorlando wrote:The more everyone feeds this person xyzx whatever, the more attention they get.. Ignore and they'll go away.
That works for regular trolls... this guy is *SPECIAL*. So special, I'm sure they don't make buses short enough.
I think even this one is too long:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:20 pm

That's a pretty good idea... you could start a topic, and people could just link his "fake news" posts into there.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:30 pm

palerider wrote:
That's a pretty good idea... you could start a topic, and people could just link his "fake news" posts into there.
Honestly, I think a topic like that started by someone that's a lot more well know around here than I am and has a lot more experience would be better accepted and have better participation! (And well known in a positive way!) You know, someone like you, Pugsy, Madalot, Chunkyfrog, to name a few. Seriously.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:31 pm

WearyOne wrote:
palerider wrote:
Honestly, I think a topic like that started by someone that's a lot more well know around here than I am and has a lot more experience would be better accepted and have better participation! (And well known in a positive way!) You know, someone like you, Pugsy, Madalot, Chunkyfrog, to name a few. Seriously.
There's people that think I'm as bad as triple x.... but everybody loves Maddy and the Frog... I think Pugsy's too busy helping people to bother doing more than correct "the X"