Beware of xxyzx

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DAYMX5

Re: Beware of xxyzx

Post by DAYMX5 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:19 pm

This has got to be the most vindictive forum that I have ever been on. Just truly nasty hateful people.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:37 pm

DAYMXS:
The needs of the many outweigh the whims of the one.
We feel that incorrect MEDICAL statements are potentially harmful.
If you disagree, we can agree to disagree.
You, two, (?) are indeed disagreeable.
Have a nice day--I decline to predict when.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:38 pm

DAYMX5 wrote:This has got to be the most vindictive forum that I have ever been on. Just truly nasty hateful people.
Have you read xxyzx' posts? I would suggest you were him, using an alias but he couldn't spell vindictive.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:42 pm

Why do I feel like I have entered the twilight zone?
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 pm

DAYMX5 wrote:This has got to be the most vindictive forum that I have ever been on. Just truly nasty hateful people.
I agree it can be rather nasty at times, and I don't agree with a lot of the mud-slinging. But the important point with this particular "X" person, and what concern me and so many others, is he/she insists on providing erroneous medical information and refuses to ever think he/she might be wrong when others with years of experience with xPAP point out the errors. Also, he has one particular derogatory term he calls everyone with whom he disagrees. It's so odd, though, as he can be really helpful at times (IMO), but then turn on a dime and be like what I just described. Since this forum is not moderated, he won't admit when he's wrong with important medical information, and he won't leave, ignoring his posts and making sure new people are warned to research anything he says are about the only things left. It's not being vindictive, but rather I see it as a last resort. It's sad it had to come to this.

Last edited by WearyOne on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 7 times in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:32 pm

He has the freedom to say whatever pops into his head,
but we have the FREEDOM to disagree and correct harmful statements.

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:48 pm

WearyOne wrote:as he can be really helpful at times (IMO)
How can he be helpful and dangerous? If someone is able to discern when he is being dangerous and when he is being helpful, then they can follow other good people's advice.

You are not one of these women who fall for an imprisoned murderer like Charles Manson? "Well, he's dangerous, but he is helpful at times."

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Hang Fire wrote:
How can he be helpful and dangerous? If someone is able to discern when he is being dangerous and when he is being helpful, then they can follow other good people's advice.

You are not one of these women who fall for an imprisoned murderer like Charles Manson? "Well, he's dangerous, but he is helpful at times."
Where did I say "dangerous"? And since I don't see where I did, your last question/comment is irrelevant. And the whole point is new people may not be able to discern he's giving erroneous information because they're new to all this.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:18 pm

Hang Fire wrote:

OMG! The wackos (not to be confused with "libtard") are really coming out of the woodwork. Someone should do a paper for the American Journal of Psychiatry on the connection between sleep apnea and insanity. Anyone know a PhD that might do that?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 pm

WearyOne wrote:
Hang Fire wrote:

Where did I say "dangerous"? And since I don't see where I did, your last question/comment is irrelevant. And the whole point is new people may not be able to discern he's giving erroneous information because they're new to all this.
In that case maybe NEW PEOPLE shouldn't be mistaking the INTERNET for the BIBLE! On the Internet, as on CB Radio, don't listen to every Tom,Dick (Head) or Harry, to explain Medical Advice to YOU. Get some idea, and learn for yourself, learn to Google and Read, more important learn to THINK Logically. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:31 pm

jsielke wrote:
Hang Fire wrote:

OMG! The wackos (not to be confused with "libtard") are really coming out of the woodwork. Someone should do a paper for the American Journal of Psychiatry on the connection between sleep apnea and insanity. Anyone know a PhD that might do that?
OMG... now THAT was funny

Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

zonker

Post by zonker » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 pm

bump
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:16 am

I have called the poster dangerous. My justification is how in several of his rants, he swears that when they, I guess referring to people like himself, take over the world, they will imprison or KILL most of us (add his derogatory term here). A person that will so openly post stuff like that, anywhere, IS dangerous. And scary.

But I agree that the reason for this thread is to warn people to research what he posts and verify it because he IS wrong, dangerously so, on some things.

His insistence that ASV & AVAPS are basically the same thing could kill someone. They are NOT. They are used for very different situations and a person that needs one over the other and listens to him could be seriously harmed.

That's dangerous.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:00 am

Yes, xxyzx posts erroneous information. You debate what he posts. Any newbie reading the threads can see what everyone posts and see that his opinion is a lone view. Can't be hard to work out what is and isn't right if you read all of the thread. Those that can't are subject to Darwin's law and won't understand anyway. However, if everyone just pressed the foe button then there would eventually be one less troll on the board. If someone takes his advice and the consequences aren't good will we actually know about it? Schrodinger's cat applies here.

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:30 am

Holden4th wrote:Yes, xxyzx posts erroneous information. You debate what he posts. Any newbie reading the threads can see what everyone posts and see that his opinion is a lone view. Can't be hard to work out what is and isn't right if you read all of the thread. Those that can't are subject to Darwin's law and won't understand anyway. However, if everyone just pressed the foe button then there would eventually be one less troll on the board. If someone takes his advice and the consequences aren't good will we actually know about it? Schrodinger's cat applies here.
Are you saying no harm is done if a small group of users don't actually see his posts? I must say that if I thought the audience was the small group of regular posters, I probably wouldn't bother. And while I don't mind some diversity of opinion (I rather enjoy watching some of the dust-ups we've had) I feel a responsibility to comment when there is bad or dangerous advice given.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html