installing and using sleepyhead

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: installing and using sleepyhead

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:29 am

Madalot wrote:All we can really do is watch for him and warn new people to ignore him. Or at the very least, warn people NOT to take his so-called knowledge as fact without triple checking with other sources first.
Perhaps if enough people put warnings in the bottom line of their sig, new people will see enough of those warnings to be wary, and quadruple check anything x says.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:51 am

palerider wrote:
Madalot wrote:All we can really do is watch for him and warn new people to ignore him. Or at the very least, warn people NOT to take his so-called knowledge as fact without triple checking with other sources first.
Perhaps if enough people put warnings in the bottom line of their sig, new people will see enough of those warnings to be wary, and quadruple check anything x says.
Done. I think this is another good way to go. We may not be able to silence him or get rid of him, but we can try to minimize any damage he could cause.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 am

palerider wrote:Perhaps if enough people put warnings in the bottom line of their sig, new people will see enough of those warnings to be wary, and quadruple check anything x says.
Done. I hate doing this, but gawd amitey, he's dangerous.
First read: viewtopic/t172378/Sticky--Newbies-PLEAS ... STING.html

Then get a free account: https://home.sleephq.com/

Post links in this thread for members to see and make recommendations.

robysue

Post by robysue » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 am

xxyzx wrote:
robysue wrote: I've spent quite a bit of time on both the Resmed and PR websites. And I have not been able to find any information on those official web pages that backs up your claim that Resmed, PR, or a reputable on-line seller of PAP equipment makes the claim that the ASV machines (Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV and PR DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV) can be set to run in VAPS, iVAPS, or AVAPS mode.

Nor have I found any information on the official web pages that backs up the idea that the VAPS machines (Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ST-A and PR DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS) can be set up to run in ASV or ASV Auto mode.

So I dare you: Provide me with at least one working link that shows Resmed or PR or a reputable online seller making the claim that the Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV or the PR DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV is capable of being set up to run in iVAPS/AVAPS mode.

Or alternatively: Find me a link where Resmed, PR, or a reputable online seller makes the claim that the Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ST-A or the PR DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS can be set up to run in ASV mode. If you can't find such links, then quit making your incorrect claim.

Final note: It is true that both the PR and Resmed titration (Tx) machines can do both ASV and VAPS, but those titration machines are LAB equipment and they are NOT sold to individual patients for home use.
======

typical logical fallacy

you cant find it so it doesnt exist

i found both immediately
Then post the damn links.

Because until you post the links NOBODY here is going to believe you.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:50 am

robysue wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
robysue wrote: I've spent quite a bit of time on both the Resmed and PR websites. And I have not been able to find any information on those official web pages that backs up your claim that Resmed, PR, or a reputable on-line seller of PAP equipment makes the claim that the ASV machines (Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV and PR DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV) can be set to run in VAPS, iVAPS, or AVAPS mode.

Nor have I found any information on the official web pages that backs up the idea that the VAPS machines (Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ST-A and PR DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS) can be set up to run in ASV or ASV Auto mode.

So I dare you: Provide me with at least one working link that shows Resmed or PR or a reputable online seller making the claim that the Resmed AirCurve 10 ASV or the PR DreamStation BiPAP AutoSV is capable of being set up to run in iVAPS/AVAPS mode.

Or alternatively: Find me a link where Resmed, PR, or a reputable online seller makes the claim that the Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ST-A or the PR DreamStation BiPAP AVAPS can be set up to run in ASV mode. If you can't find such links, then quit making your incorrect claim.

Final note: It is true that both the PR and Resmed titration (Tx) machines can do both ASV and VAPS, but those titration machines are LAB equipment and they are NOT sold to individual patients for home use.
======

typical logical fallacy

you cant find it so it doesnt exist

i found both immediately
Then post the damn links.

Because until you post the links NOBODY here is going to believe you.
Even if he posts the links (which we know he won't) it won't change anything. You'll explain to him why he isn't understanding what he's reading, he'll insult you and your intelligence, call you a libtard and if he's really agitated, threaten you with some kind of horrible imprisonment when his kind takes over the world.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:02 am

MADALOT: Hope you don't mind, but I somewhat plagiarized your signature, as it seemed to say everything that needed to be said. I made one minor change.

Thank you

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:05 am

jsielke wrote:MADALOT: Hope you don't mind, but I somewhat plagiarized your signature, as it seemed to say everything that needed to be said. I made one minor change.

Thank you
Don't mind at all and in fact, I like your edit so I'm stealing it!

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:28 am

palerider wrote:
I'm assuming there's no way to pin a thread at the top with the only purpose being to warn others.

The inaccuracies, feeling the need to use "libtard" over 160 times at this point, and being so negative in so many of his remarks. He doesn't spell or punctuate very well either for someone who, in his own mind, is so knowledgeable about everything. (Nitpicky considering the inaccuracies are the most troublesome. It's from the type of work I do and kinda hard to miss because it's so prevalent.)

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:05 am

WearyOne wrote:
palerider wrote:
I'm assuming there's no way to pin a thread at the top with the only purpose being to warn others.

The inaccuracies, feeling the need to use "libtard" over 160 times at this point, and being so negative in so many of his remarks. He doesn't spell or punctuate very well either for someone who, in his own mind, is so knowledgeable about everything. (Nitpicky considering the inaccuracies are the most troublesome. It's from the type of work I do and kinda hard to miss because it's so prevalent.)
Not without the forum owners doing it, and they're completely ignoring the forum.

Maybe if everybody starts calling their business, they'd take a few minutes to fix this travesty.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 am

It is my understanding that the owners of this site are aware of xxyzx's erroneous information and disgusting language.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:50 am

palerider wrote:
WearyOne wrote:
palerider wrote:

Not without the forum owners doing it, and they're completely ignoring the forum.

Maybe if everybody starts calling their business, they'd take a few minutes to fix this travesty.
Yes, but another view on it:

The forum owners provide this forum to all that want to belong - FREE of charge. They've made their policies very clear and we are free to leave any time we so choose. We stay because it IS a great place to get/share information and is NOT moderated or censored like the others. Yes, that leaves it open to idiots sometimes and we're plagued with a nasty one right now.

One serious concern about this one (aside from his inaccurate information) is his veiled threats to everyone regarding killing us, imprisoning us, etc. It's definitely "out there" to say the least.

I still submit that the smartest course would be to 100% ignore him. Warn new comers but otherwise, ignore every single post he makes. If nobody ever responds to him - he'll give up and go away.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:17 pm

Madalot wrote:
The forum owners provide this forum to all that want to belong - FREE of charge. They've made their policies very clear and we are free to leave any time we so choose. We stay because it IS a great place to get/share information and is NOT moderated or censored like the others. Yes, that leaves it open to idiots sometimes and we're plagued with a nasty one right now.

One serious concern about this one (aside from his inaccurate information) is his veiled threats to everyone regarding killing us, imprisoning us, etc. It's definitely "out there" to say the least.

I still submit that the smartest course would be to 100% ignore him. Warn new comers but otherwise, ignore every single post he makes. If nobody ever responds to him - he'll give up and go away.
My thoughts exactly. Ignore everything he posts but continue to warn against his inaccuracies and behavior. Don't direct posts TO him but just correct and warn regarding behavior and wrong information and ignore any type of response from him. (And since we apparently can't do the pinned thread, just continue bumping up the "warning" thread someone started.)

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:13 pm

I have worked with many Drs. I know many Drs. and am friends with many Drs., and you XX, are no doctor.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Scaven

Post by Scaven » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:21 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Madalot wrote:
jsielke wrote:We are dealing with a possibly dangerous psychotic sociopath, with severe paranoia and delusions of grandeur.
I've been thinking this for a while now. This guy is very ill and dangerous. No doubt in my mind.
=

not ill
not dangerous

but libtards do find the truth facts and logic to be scary
This is a CPAP forum, not a politcal forum.
Take your ill informed political views somewhere else.

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:05 am

xxyzx wrote:many doctors have never used one
yet they know about them
and even prescribe the pressures for your machine
Liar!
Your are such a LIBTARD