installing and using sleepyhead

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Madalot

Re: installing and using sleepyhead

Post by Madalot » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Glutton for punishment probably.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:02 pm

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
robysue wrote:
xxyzx wrote: ===
to help them
i dont give a rats patoot if they dump on me or lie
six and stones

i am happy to bring a little joy into their otherwise drear miserable unhappy lives
knowing that they are FOS and dumber than a box of rocks and inferior to the people they think they have a right to rule over and control everything
xxyzx,

You bring lots of anger, name calling, and misery into the lives of many with your repeated screams of "libturd" when anyone points out errors or inconsistencies in your posts.
======

i am not perfect
but nobody has proven a definite error
there have been a couple of marginal opinon areas and some quibbling over semantics

but otherwise 99% of the alleged claims of my being wrong were libtards believing their opinions over facts and logic
As with so many things, you've got this backwards.

As yet, nobody has proven that you are CORRECT about anything.
There have been a few things that you were probably correct about, but they get lost in the garbage you spew.

Otherwise, 99% of what you're saying is factually wrong, misconceived, or ignorant.
=
as always you are lying and deceiving yourself

if i say it you can take it to the bank

you have to prove me wrong
and you cant do that
so you merely assert it
forgot this? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155945&start=0&st=0 ... w#p1185257

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:04 pm

xxyzx wrote:your lies dont make what you believe true
now, there's a statement that YOU should take to heart, whether you think what you say is lies or not.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:42 pm

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
xxyzx wrote:your lies dont make what you believe true
now, there's a statement that YOU should take to heart, whether you think what you say is lies or not.
=====

i only speak the truth

it is libtards that are professional liars
You're *clearly* not a professional anything... your lies and falsehoods are patently amateur.

robysue

Post by robysue » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:19 pm

xxyzx wrote: let me repeat
makers say both are ASV and both are VPAP
the AVAPS may have more pressure or features
but IN THE CONTEXT THAT I MADE MY COMMENT THEY ARE ASV as far as the lady's question
The Resmed iVAPS algorithm is the equivalent of the PR AVAPS algorithm.

The Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ASV machine is discussed on Resmed's web pages at: http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr ... 0-asv.html

The Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ST-A machine is an iVAPS (Resmed AVAPS) machine and it is discussed on Resmed's web pages at http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pr ... 0-sta.html and http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/ ... er_eng.pdf

Read the webpages: These two Remed VPAP machines are designed with different algorithms to solve different problems. And the ASV cannot do iVAPS. And the ST-A can do iVAPS but cannot do ASV.

The Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP ASV is described as:
The AirCurve 10 ASV bilevel machine offers truly personalized therapy for central breathing disorders, such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration (CSR), central sleep apnea (CSA) and associated obstructive events. Featuring the most clinically-studied and proven ASV algorithm, AirCurve 10 ASV is the only adaptive servo-ventilator that targets the patient’s own recent minute ventilation.

ASV mode
The clinically-published ASV algorithm constantly learns, responds, predicts and synchronizes with the patient’s respiratory pattern to help rapidly stabilize respiration.

The pressure support varies to respond to the patient's need. Mandatory breaths are delivered at the patient’s recent spontaneous breath rate.

ASVAuto mode
In ASVAuto mode, this bilevel machine not only responds within the breath, adjusting Pressure Support to stabilize respiration, it also automatically adjusts the expiratory pressure in order to provide the minimum pressure required to maintain upper airway patency. It analyzes the state of the patient’s upper airway on a breath-by-breath basis and delivers expiratory pressure within the allowed range.

The Resmed AirCurve VAPAP ST-A and its iVAPS algorithm is described as:
The AirCurve™ 10 ST-A provides effective non-invasive ventilation for patients with respiratory insufficiency such as neuromuscular disease, restrictive lung disorders, severe COPD and hypoventilation syndromes. It features iVAPS (intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure Support), ResMed’s proprietary mode that automatically adapts to each user’s changing needs, and an intelligent Backup Rate (iBR)* that maximizes their opportunity to breathe spontaneously. The AirCurve™ 10 ST-A includes both fixed and adjustable alarms for added safety.
There is also a nice video on this page that explains exactly how the iVAPS algorithm works and the importance of the target ventilation which is set in the therapeutic settings. The target ventilation is a fixed number based on what the ventilation (tidal volume) should be on all breaths and it does not use the recent breathing to determine this number the way the ASV machine does.

Additional information about the Resmed iVPAPS algorithm is found at http://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare ... ithms.html and says:
By targeting alveolar ventilation, iVAPS continually maintains ventilation according to the patient’s metabolic needs, decreasing the risk of over and under-ventilation with changing respiratory rate. Data from extensive bench testing against VAPS ventilators and clinical trials have shown that iVAPS effectively meets patients’ ventilatory needs. It also responds faster to respiratory changes without compromising patient comfort or sleep quality.

Volume assured pressure support (iVAPS) ventilators combine the advantages of pressure-support ventilation, such as patient comfort and patient-ventilator synchrony, with the assurance of a tidal volume target. However, while this enables VAPS modes to meet ventilatory needs, response to respiratory changes is slow. Another limitation of VAPS modes is the enforcement of a mandatory target tidal volume on every breath. Changes in breath rate will still trigger the same tidal volume to be delivered with each breath, which can lead to patient discomfort and sleep disruption.
Even more information on iVAPS is found at http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/ ... er_eng.pdf and says:
Now you can provide intelligent air through ResMed’s intelligent Volume-Assured Pressure
Support (iVAPS). A unique technology featured in the S9 VPAP ST-A, it adjusts to a patient’s
respiratory rate, targets alveolar ventilation and automatically adjusts pressure support as
needed to accommodate each patient’s unique needs, even as a their disease progresses.
This source also has numerous graphics illustrating what it means to target alveolar ventilation and how the target ventilation setting on the machine drives the algorithm's choice of when to increase the pressure and when to decrease the pressure to insure correct ventilation.

In conclusion: Yes, both the ASV and the ST-A (iVAPS) machines are in the Resmed AirCurve 10 VPAP family. But the machines have different purposes and very different algorithms. In other words, the iVAPS machine and the ASV machine are NOT equivalent and they are not interchangeable.

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:11 pm

palerider wrote:* not a professional anything... your lies and falsehoods are patently amateur.
I feel the very strong need to contradict that
He has to have a master's degree and maybe even a PhD as an engineer. How else can someone engineer so much bullshit?

If I had to guess, I would say ha was at the Trump 'University' (They had that "Master of Bullshit" program, hadn't they?)

As far as it goes about he suffering from advanced stupidity and "knowing nothing about anything": this thread is enough for that
His so beloved XP tells him that his Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (MSVCRT-dll) is the wrong one .... his brilliant engineering tells him the source is buggy. LOL

and you made a living with computers? LIAR!
Maybe you did live WITH or AROUND computers^^ - most likely you only came close to them with a duster on your day "job".

But that would not be a concern - in the end there is a reason it is called "DLL-Hell" - if he would not demand others to do his work FOR FREE:
xxyzx wrote:maybe all the users could work like they do with linux to improve the code and update it
Is there no longer a "program" against communism in the US? That is the very same with your ASV (on which you are failing right now!) - you got the proper high priced machine already - paid by the all the others, who choosed the same cheap insurance. But you decided you won't spend more of your own money to get it setup properly - so just aim for the most expensive machine (of course paid by all the others! - not your own money!).
Problems with your computer? All the people should unite and code something free of charge just for you! (which by the way is already done: we call it BSOD on windows!)

your communistic "you have to do that for free FOR ME" attitude is really annoying. If you really do love that attitude so much than please emigrate to Cuba, the soviet union or North Korea.
(Just join their party and they will make a law just for you stating that YOU are always right and will redefine the meaning of the word "logic" so that it will fit you )

Your teachers at the no longer accredited (were they ever?) trump university must be really proud of you .. maybe you can show them your posts here? I assume they will give you an honorary doctorate as "engineer of bullshit" - Dr. Dr. PhD MSc. XXYZX *loooooooooooool*

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:11 am

Guest wrote:
palerider wrote:* not a professional anything... your lies and falsehoods are patently amateur.
I feel the very strong need to contradict that
He has to have a master's degree and maybe even a PhD as an engineer. How else can someone engineer so much bullshit?
It's really hard to find fault with that argument. The only thing I'd wonder is "don't you have to get *paid* to do something if you're a professional?

Who's paying him to disrupt the forum?

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:15 am

xxyzx wrote:makers say both are ASV and both are VPAP
You're half right, both are "VPAP" which is simply the Resmed trademark for any bilevel device they produce.

However, the iVAPS is *not* an Adaptive Servo Ventilator(ASV) by definition, it's a Volume Assured Servo Ventilator.
xxyzx wrote:the AVAPS may have more pressure or features
but IN THE CONTEXT THAT I MADE MY COMMENT THEY ARE ASV as far as the lady's question
Not in any context are they both "asv".

Adaptive != Volume Assured. Simple, QED.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:50 am

palerider wrote:Who's paying him to disrupt the forum?
he is not disrupting anything - he is helping others (to come down on his level so he no longer stands out as the (only) slow kid around)

palerider wrote:Adaptive != Volume Assured. Simple, QED.
I bet, I beat the brilliant engineer to that let me try to adopt his communistic way of thinking:

liar, liar, Pants on fire!
He understood the manual(s?) in a different way. So the manufacturer or author is to blame for that error - not him! Everybody should be equal (in his case equally stupid!) - If someone with a severe sleeping disorder with a long term desaturation at nights is not able to understand the manual correctly than he is not wrong - all the others are wrong! (they cheated as they used their intellect - and we all know by now: only libtards do such things! (as to use the brain for another thing than cooldown the blood or wearing hats))

You have to be logical about that:
He already had an Aircurve ST - failed it.
Now he has as Aircurve ASV - is currently failing on that too.

So he failed on ASV. That means the ST has to be an ASV as well, because he fails on ASVs. QED
Simple as that - you just have to follow logic^^

In a couple of months he will finally understand that only lab-devices auto-titrate and then we will hear everything about how he tries to argue with all the libtards that he absolutely needs an (real) auto/self-titrating lab device at home.
we can only hope that before that someone will intubate him and chain him to a bed^^ (please, if you are are the one doing that and reading this: please, please hook him up on an extra-large morphine-pump)

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:01 am

Guest wrote:(please, if you are are the one doing that and reading this: please, please hook him up on an extra-large morphine-pump)
One that has voice recognition and administers a dose every time it hears the word "libtard"?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:45 am

palerider wrote:One that has voice recognition and administers a dose every time it hears the word "libtard"?
ROFL!

No! - absolutely not - that would be cruel. He would already die of an overdose during setup
I was thinking more of an "auto-pump" which would provide a steady flow to keep him properly sedated (all the time! ... the *auto*-part takes care of the fact that his body gets used to it - ONE SIZE FITS NOBODY the needs change over time - Auto for everyone (ya know?)^^)

robysue

Post by robysue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:04 am

Guest wrote: You have to be logical about that:
He already had an Aircurve ST - failed it.
Now he has as Aircurve ASV - is currently failing on that too.
I believe the first machine xxyzx had was just an AirCurve VAuto, not the AirCurve ST. But he claimed the VAuto was broken and didn't adjust anything. See viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155438&p=1182915&hi ... o#p1182915 for one of the times xxyzx made this claim.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 am

looooooool

THAT is even more ridiculous
failed a VAuto because it was not enough "auto" *lool* .. go figure THAT!

I really start to wonder if it is malpractice by his doctors that they haven't hospitalised him so far!?

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:28 am

The more I think about it, the more I think (really hope) that this guy is PUNKING us. Because if he's not and he truly believes the stuff he spews, he's very dangerous. Not to us, really, but to any person he encounters IRL.

And while he is awful, he does remind me a little bit of calist (for those that remember calist). And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this IS calist using another persona to try to screw with the forum. I wouldn't bat an eye if that proved to be the case.

It's happened before where calist donned another persona and PUNKED the forum. Not quite this well, I admit, but he's done it before.

robysue

Post by robysue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 am

Madalot wrote: And while he is awful, he does remind me a little bit of calist (for those that remember calist). And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this IS calist using another persona to try to screw with the forum. I wouldn't bat an eye if that proved to be the case.
Calist was as mean and hateful. But calist could also write a coherent sentence or two, and even string them together into coherent paragraphs.
It's happened before where calist donned another persona and PUNKED the forum. Not quite this well, I admit, but he's done it before.
Calist was banned from the forum for claiming to be employed at a specific hospital (National Jewish Health) when in reality he was not employed there. (Yes, Johnny verified that calist was NOT employed there before he was banned.) The combination of calist's claims to be employed in sleep medicine at NJH and his coherent writing style in posts that contained clearly erroneous information made calist a particularly dangerous troll. The fact that calist also wrote offense, insulting posts attacking forum members who corrected his misinformation just added gasoline to an already burning fire.

The thread announcing the banning of calist is at viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56555&p=530710#p530710

Yes, there has been speculation a number of times that a new troll has been calist under a new name. For all I know, there may even have been times when calist has been caught posting under a new name.

Last edited by robysue on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.