Deleted Post

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Deleted Post

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Again, I apologize for removing YOUR post.
This product is considered useless and overpriced by many here;
and there is some concern it may prevent people from conducting simple, but necessary maintenance..
The few proponents are vocal, and may have an interest in the business.

DAYMX5

Post by DAYMX5 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 pm

Again, I apologize for removing YOUR post.
This product is considered useless and overpriced by many here;
and there is some concern it may prevent people from conducting simple, but necessary maintenance..
The few proponents are vocal, and may have an interest in the business
Just could have just posted this reply instead of being so nasty and judgemental. But whatever... You've shown your true colors.

jules

Post by jules » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 pm

some of us left this group because of just this kind of issue - I have someone who tells me to look at certain posts but other than that or if someone PMs me I am long gone with all the childish crap that goes on here

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:21 pm

If you look at the web site for the machine, you will see where you still need to wash the mask and other things. They gladly sell you a very expensive prewash solution to use prior to using with the machine. All it really does is blow a small amount of ozone through your machine and tubing.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:23 pm

DAYMX5 wrote:I am new to this forum and my question was an honest one. I have used a cpap for 12 years and my old machine was dying. I searched this forum to try to find the best machine, for me. I also had a few other questions that were answered. I saw an ad for this item and didn't know if it was worthwhile or not. THAT IS WHY I POSTED. I was surprised when it was deleted for no apparent reason or any explination.
In the last 12 years you have used XPAP, did you ever die from a germ in your XPAP, I've used mine that long, I never died from using mine, never washed the hose either, how could I still be alive! Jim

I still have that $300 in the bank, germs and all.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Here's someone that was obviously not thrilled with the SoClean performance

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/hsh/d/s ... 72918.html

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Goofproof wrote: (snip)

In the last 12 years you have used XPAP, did you ever die from a germ in your XPAP, I've used mine that long, I never died from using mine, never washed the hose either, how could I still be alive! Jim

I still have that $300 in the bank, germs and all.
Jim. By George, I think you have hit upon the one positive feature! Money is filthy!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:16 pm

DAYMX5 wrote:I am new to this forum and my question was an honest one. I have used a cpap for 12 years and my old machine was dying.
I wasn't aware that you were a cpap veteran because we don't have anything to go on but when we see that you registered here on the forum. I do often look at that part.
You might have mentioned it in a previous post in another thread but I would have forgotten most likely and especially if it was prior to yesterday.

At any rate I gave you my usual response but it was brief because I was short on time this morning.
And thus I just pointed you to prior discussion so you could read for yourself. The forum search function sucks...if you search for So Clean 2 as in 3 words you won't get much because it can't do a decent search for anything less than 4 letters...so it would have picked up "clean" and given you a gazillion hits with the word "clean" in it and most likely nothing about the So Clean machine.
Now if a person knows to search for SoClean 2 so that the SoClean has more than 4 characters it will give a person a more accurate hit list.
Most newbies to the forum won't know about this little fact about the forum search. In general I think it sucks...I know that sometimes it's hard for me to find something and I know it's there and I know what to look for and it's still difficult.

I have heard about the SoClean device for years but here recently they are being much more aggressive in their marketing. Used to be it was mainly late night radio but now it's mid morning TV ads and they do make it sound like you are just plain stupid for risking all those "germs". I don't like that insinuation that they seem to infer...irritates me.
Really annoys me because if you think about it those germs that they report to kill are all put on the equipment by the person using the equipment.
Think about it...where are the germs they are so scared of coming from?

Plus they act like using the machine means you never have to actually clean anything...well you do because it doesn't remove dirt, oils, grime or whatever...all it does is nuke that dirt, oil, grime or whatever so that nothing alive is growing on it. They even tell you that you still need to wash something to remove dirt or grime or whatever and they will gladly sell you something to help you with the washing /cleaning.
Duh...

Most people don't need their own body's germs/bacteria nuked...your body is already quite familiar with those little buggers and they aren't a problem.
Haven't made you sick yet have they?

Now some people may have a severely compromised immune systems...drugs or severe illness of some sort and maybe they do need to make sure that everything gets nuked but to be honest...a good disinfectant or hot water wash is sufficient.
But if those people sleep better nuking things with ozone I won't say anything against it. It's their life and their money. I have always said that anything that helps us sleep better is fair game to do and that includes spending $300 on something that I personally wouldn't care to use.

Now I have heard from some people who say that their masks are aging (turn yellow and I guess very much yellow) and get brittle after using the ozone on them. I have no way to know how old those masks were to start with.

So...that's my more lengthy response about the device. Some general thoughts that I usually have run through my head but don't often put down on paper. I have a really good friend that uses one and he likes it and I am happy for him. It would never cross my mind to be ugly to him because of it. I figure it's his choice, his money, his equipment and since I don't like people telling me what to do I won't go telling people what they should do either.

I figure we are all adults...educate politely and then let them make their own decisions about anything.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:16 pm

When the original post in a thread gets deleted, the whole thread goes away.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Are you being philosophical or ?? Because this one came back.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:31 pm

edfreeman wrote:When the original post in a thread gets deleted, the whole thread goes away.
No it doesn't when there are already posts that have responded.
It only goes away immediately if no one has responded.
When someone responds the initial post is hidden but the other responses are still showing up.
Happens all the time here.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Pugsy wrote:
edfreeman wrote:When the original post in a thread gets deleted, the whole thread goes away.
No it doesn't when there are already posts that have responded.
It only goes away immediately if no one has responded.
When someone responds the initial post is hidden but the other responses are still showing up.
Happens all the time here.
Thought that was how it was, but didn't want to mis-say! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:05 pm

xxyzx wrote:really?

i had responded
first reply to the thread

it ALL disappeared
Yes really.

It all disappeared because someone took the time to spam remove everyone's post individually.
I know this for a fact because I have had to do it in the past when someone posts something in a thread that is spam and the person responding maybe didn't catch a link in a signature or something and they don't have a spam button....so I (with their permission) remove their post first and then the offending spam post so that it all goes away. All posts have to be manually removed one at a time for the entire thread to go away and sometimes even that doesn't work. That's why we sometimes see a thread but go to click on it and it says "topic doesn't exist".

It's always been this way ever since I have been on the forum. It's why we tell people to please don't post in junk threads...not even a smart ass remark because it locks the thread into the archives and means more work to get rid of it permanently.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:21 pm

For sure this won't be the last time someone will ask about the SoClean device. A person new to this therapy or even someone who has been around awhile and for some reason just discovered it, might want some feedback. Yeah, I roll my eyes to but it's because I know the end result of someone asking that question.

In the future, I will say something like... the SoClean device has been discussed many times on the forum. The majority think it's a waste of good money. However, here is a link(s) so you can decide for yourself.

There is no need to get nasty or delete the thread.

Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

kteague

Post by kteague » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 pm

jules wrote:some of us left this group because of just this kind of issue - I have someone who tells me to look at certain posts but other than that or if someone PMs me I am long gone with all the childish crap that goes on here
Jules!!!!!! Hi there!