a better oximeter that stops snoring

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jsielke

Re: a better oximeter that stops snoring

Post by jsielke » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:50 am

xxyzx wrote:just found a better oximeter
wear on wrist
sensor goes around thumb - much better than a fingertip crunching sensor like the 50f uses

when spo2 drops it vibrates to get you to change position and breathing better again

I looked through this thread, but couldn't find model, where to buy, etc. I like the idea of the thumb sensor. Not to crazy about buzzing to awake, but I am sure that can be set. What is the Make, model, etc?

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:11 am

It is available in the Hammacher Schlemmer on-line catalogue. At $200 seems pretty pricey. Also it only pairs via Bluetooth to ios or android devices. But it's interesting, but as its being hyped in the reviews as an alternative to a CPAP, I would be wary about it.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:33 am

TASmart wrote:It is available in the Hammacher Schlemmer on-line catalogue. At $200 seems pretty pricey. Also it only pairs via Bluetooth to ios or android devices. But it's interesting, but as its being hyped in the reviews as an alternative to a CPAP, I would be wary about it.
Aha, It is the same as this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6 ... UTF8&psc=1

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 am

Yep
Your mileage may vary

Doublev

Post by Doublev » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:09 am

If this was a problem I would just add oxygen to your XPAP. I dont need oxygen but if i did I would look into something that can add as needed automatically too.

In fact, if this exists and someone knows then let me know.. if my SpO2 falls below 95%, i think i would like some oxygen to kick in until it gets back above it.. sounds like better sleep to me! I am wearing the mask already, so it is just some extra $$ for quality rest... better than going to those "oxygen bars" you see in las vegas, LOL.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:45 am

Doublev wrote:If this was a problem I would just add oxygen to your XPAP. I dont need oxygen but if i did I would look into something that can add as needed automatically too.

In fact, if this exists and someone knows then let me know.. if my SpO2 falls below 95%, i think i would like some oxygen to kick in until it gets back above it.. sounds like better sleep to me! I am wearing the mask already, so it is just some extra $$ for quality rest... better than going to those "oxygen bars" you see in las vegas, LOL.
Yep, that is what I found. My apnea was almost all hypopneas. After a few nights with a recording oximeter, I found my Normal daytime SpO2 of 94-97% dropped to an average of 89-91 when I slept, with occasional drops below 85%, which coincided with the hypopneas. Adding oxygen to the XPAP increased nighttime average to 93%, with rare drops to 87-89%, which still showed as hypopneas. Now, I know I have COPD, as well as apnea. I learned "diaphragmatic breathing" in Pulmonary rehab, and further reinforced it with the practice of Qi Gong, Tai Chi and Aikido, all of which emphasize what they call "Belly Breathing." It has become habit for me, when awake. When asleep, my breathing becomes shallow, therefore the drop in SpO2.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:54 am

xxyzx wrote:
jsielke wrote:
TASmart wrote:It is available in the Hammacher Schlemmer on-line catalogue. At $200 seems pretty pricey. Also it only pairs via Bluetooth to ios or android devices. But it's interesting, but as its being hyped in the reviews as an alternative to a CPAP, I would be wary about it.
Aha, It is the same as this one on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6 ... UTF8&psc=1
========

wrist part looks the same
no thumb sensor seen on amazon

but may be hidden in the tiny side pictures
Yes, it is. The description on Amazon mentions the thumb sensor. I do agree that looks more comfortable, but is it worth $200?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:54 am

xxyzx wrote:
jsielke wrote:
========

wrist part looks the same
no thumb sensor seen on amazon

but may be hidden in the tiny side pictures
Second side picture, not hidden.

My O2 has been 90 a while, the Dr added O2 to XPAP for two years, then stopped it, for no reason as my O2 was still at 90 without a O2, figure that one out......

A few years ago he restarted the O2 with my XPAP again my O2 still at 90 awake..
Good news, O2 now after 12 years at times it hits 95, so it's better now that it was, however it hasn't improved my life, but it may prolong it. Jim
Last edited by Goofproof on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:12 pm

It only links to a IOS or Android smartphone, so if you do not have one of those you will be able to use this device. IT does not link into a PC.
Your mileage may vary

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:25 pm

The CMS50f does export data to PC.Program is Sp02 assistant.