OT - A plea for kindness

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
49er

OT - A plea for kindness

Post by 49er » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:08 am

I am probably wasting my time but after a close friend died a few days ago, I thought I would take another shot. Hopefully, the person you are responding to hasn't experienced a death of someone close to them.

But when you respond, you don't know what is going on in their lives. They could be going through h-ll and your mean spirited posts could add gasoline to the fire.

Do you really want to be that type of person? Would you do that to people in real life or just on the Internet?

I am sure my pleas are going to fall on deaf ears but what the heck?

49er

Hawthorne

Re: OT - A plea for kindness

Post by Hawthorne » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:59 am

So true! We should think about what might be going on in another person's life before we put a nasty post on an internet forum! We have no idea---

Additional Comments:  Backups- FX Nano masks. Backup machine- Airmini auto travel cpap

kteague

Post by kteague » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:07 am

49er, never hurts to try. We never know when someone might be in the mood to be receptive due to their own life circumstances. So sorry to hear you've lost someone dear to you. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

I keep hearing Michael Jackson in my head singing Man in the Mirror".

"Man In The Mirror"

I'm Gonna Make A Change,
For Once In My Life
It's Gonna Feel Real Good,
Gonna Make A Difference
Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My
Favourite Winter Coat
This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind
I See The Kids In The Street,
With Not Enough To Eat
Who Am I, To Be Blind?
Pretending Not To See
Their Needs
A Summer's Disregard,
A Broken Bottle Top
And A One Man's Soul
They Follow Each Other On
The Wind Ya' Know
'Cause They Got Nowhere
To Go
That's Why I Want You To
Know

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change
(Take A Look At Yourself, And
Then Make A Change)
(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,
Na Nah)

I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish
Kind Of Love
It's Time That I Realize
That There Are Some With No
Home, Not A Nickel To Loan
Could It Be Really Me,
Pretending That They're Not
Alone?

A Widow Deeply Scarred,
Somebody's Broken Heart
And A Washed-Out Dream
(Washed-Out Dream)
They Follow The Pattern Of
The Wind, Ya' See
Cause They Got No Place
To Be
That's Why I'm Starting With
Me
(Starting With Me!)

I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror
(Ooh!)
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
(Ooh!)
And No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
If You Wanna Make The World
A Better Place
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change
(Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make A Change)

Last edited by kteague on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:26 am

Thank you 49er... I know where you are coming from. Unfortunately, like all threads of this kind, it will fall on deaf ears. Those who find joy in following the herd and being unjustifiably rude will continue, because obviously that's how they find their joy in life.

Sorry for not being more optimistic... but after ten years of the same garbage, I don't have much hope that anyone is going to change.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

kteague

Post by kteague » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 am

Lucyhere wrote:...Sorry for not being more optimistic... but after ten years of the same garbage...
Am I the only one now scanning my memory trying to guess who you were the first 8 years since your Lucyhere account is only 2 years old? Or am I just the only one who doesn't already know?

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:05 pm

kteague wrote:Or am I just the only one who doesn't already know?
You're not.

My newest, favorite T-shirt....

Hi.
I don't care.
Thanks!
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:08 pm

kteague wrote:
Lucyhere wrote:...Sorry for not being more optimistic... but after ten years of the same garbage...
Am I the only one now scanning my memory trying to guess who you were the first 8 years since your Lucyhere account is only 2 years old? Or am I just the only one who doesn't already know?

Hi Kathy... I don't remember. I joined around 2007/08 and left for several years. During that time I moved a few miles away and also bought a new laptop. I don't use the same password twice or avatar name, so it would be a wild guess. Anyway, could be I was one of the unjustifiably nasty, rude people and changed my ways, so of course I wouldn't tell you even if I remembered.
Bleep/P10

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
kteague wrote:

Hi Kathy... I don't remember. I joined around 2007/08 and left for several years. During that time I moved a few miles away and also bought a new laptop. I don't use the same password twice or avatar name, so it would be a wild guess. Anyway, could be I was one of the unjustifiably nasty, rude people and changed my ways, so of course I wouldn't tell you even if I remembered.
I tried to pinpoint a nasty, rude person from the past. Couldn't find her.....but...I found an avatar of a cat.....does this sound familiar?
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

HopefulNewbie

Post by HopefulNewbie » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:27 pm

I've only been on the site for a little over a month as I have just recently been diagnosed. It was 3 months ago that I though Sleep Apnea meant you snored! Needless to say, there has been lots for me to digest since I got my diagnosis and started on CPAP. I have gone on line because I needed support, I had questions, and I just wanted to talk/listen to people in my situation. I must share with you that I find this forum a little intimidating. Most of you guys have been dealing with this for a very long time, and tend to speak at a very knowledgeable level that is hard for someone like me to follow. Please remember, if you can, how you felt at the beginning on this journey. Thanks for listening.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:33 pm

HopefulNewbie wrote:I must share with you that I find this forum a little intimidating.
Never let 'em see you sweat.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:35 pm

HopefulNewbie wrote:I've only been on the site for a little over a month as I have just recently been diagnosed. It was 3 months ago that I though Sleep Apnea meant you snored! Needless to say, there has been lots for me to digest since I got my diagnosis and started on CPAP. I have gone on line because I needed support, I had questions, and I just wanted to talk/listen to people in my situation. I must share with you that I find this forum a little intimidating. Most of you guys have been dealing with this for a very long time, and tend to speak at a very knowledgeable level that is hard for someone like me to follow. Please remember, if you can, how you felt at the beginning on this journey. Thanks for listening.
Why don't you register, post your equipment and ask your questions? Be sure to read the basic information in the posts at the top of the main page.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:09 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
HopefulNewbie wrote:I must share with you that I find this forum a little intimidating.

Why would you say that?? It's obvious she is feeling intimidated and brave enough to say so. Maybe you forgot how 'intimidating' this journey was for you when you first started... but I haven't.

Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:19 pm

HopefulNewbie -- if you register you will be able to send and receive private messages. And, if you tell us what machine and mask you use, along with your pressure(s), it will make it easier for someone to answer your questions. There are some very knowledgeable and nice folks here. You probably haven't met them yet.
Bleep/P10

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:27 pm

xxyzx wrote:and yet you intimidate others because that is what libtard bullies do

If I have in any way intimidated you, I'm absolutely DELIGHTED Unfortunately, I doubt you intimidate easily. You're a very poor soul.
Bleep/P10

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
They smell fear.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire