CPAP/APAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: CPAP/APAP

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Sleepqueen wrote: he said we can discuss the APAP but I will need to pay an extra $160 for the machine. I have no problem paying this if I get the proper treatment but does this sound correct?
Who is your insurance with?

What he is describing is what is called "balanced billing" and most insurance companies don't allow it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Balanced Billing...............
https://www.verywell.com/balance-billing-2615146

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:22 pm

When money is involved; easy----isn't.

Doublev

Post by Doublev » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm

Get the resmed APAP from them. If it costs you $160, great. You dont need the bipap (aircurve). It has more bells and whistles but more complication in setup and my takeaway from this thread is that you dont want to tweak too much with it.

I think you got lucky with that APAP that it was set up perfectly for you. If you get another APAP it might not work the same because the settings could be different. So make sure the settings are 100% identical. Maybe it had a EPR setting of 3 and you liked that. And on your aircurve to make it similar you need to set the PS min/max to 3 and you should set the trigger/cycling sensitivity to something that feels comfortable to you. With APAP you do not get these choices of sensitivity -- you get the default setup with EPR.. so it adds complication to aircurve but that gives more choices to further improve therapy but you may take a weeks to find what really works best for you.

Or maybe you had no EPR and it was just a plain APAP that found your sweet spot on pressure perfectly all the time. It is really hard to say.

Does the doctor's office have your data from the APAP? hopefully they have all your settings.. you want the same APAP, same mask, same humidification level, same settings, then it will work out for you.