Brain recovery tips Your own list

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nicholasjh1

Brain recovery tips Your own list

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:04 am

Hi! I think I had Severe apnea for a while, and studies show that it causes quite a bit of brain loss and damage, so I've decided to help my brain heal,
I am taking some supplements that seem to help, specifically they contain a lot of anti-alzheimers drugs that also help with brain regrowth, ADHD and depression related to brain dysfunction.

It has:
Phosphatidylserine,
phosphatydylcholine,
ginko biloba
fish oil
acetyl L-Carnintine HCL
Bacopa Monnieri
Curcumin,
huperzine a

What are your tips, tricks, exercises and supplements? Do they seem to have helped?
Any other tips for brain growth supplements or other things you can do to help
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

DreamStalker

Re: Brain recovery tips Your own list

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:32 am

My tips is that you start out with very low dosage (especially when mixing and matching) as some of those supplements in excess can cause you to bleed out with cerebral aneurysm ... defeating their healing potential.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:42 am

DreamStalker wrote:My tips is that you start out with very low dosage (especially when mixing and matching) as some of those supplements in excess can cause you to bleed out with cerebral aneurysm ... defeating their healing potential.
I don't disagree, but they are on the "low level" of the effective dosage, and I also started them 3 months after starting apnea therapy so that the gross apnea damage was hopefully healed by then. they are in a singular supplement, so hopefully that's been tested correctly.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:53 am

Well "hopefully" they are pharmaceutical grade supplements that insure accurate dosage ... many are not. I'm not trying to discourage use of natural supplements and in fact always promote them over drugs. But caution is still always advised -- especially to start out low and slow and having frequent blood tests to insure health markers are not deviating too far from normal.

One thing that has been shown to not only be safe and effective for healing brain injuries is a ketogenic diet (the brain is mostly fat after all). Research it and experiment with it ... optimizing mitochondrial health is the most effective healing and rejuvination therapy there is.

You can start out Googling "Dominic D’Agostino" .... HERE is a relatively recent podcast on TBI.
Last edited by DreamStalker on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:00 pm

DreamStalker wrote: . . . One thing that has been shown to not only be safe and effective for healing brain injuries is a ketogenic diet . . .
With a few caveats, of course, (similar to supplements) according to the source given . . .
Important knowledge gaps must be addressed before either the classic or modified ketogenic diet can be recommended as a treatment for TBI [traumatic brain injury]. . . . This nutritional strategy utilizes an alternative metabolic pathway, and there is limited data on issues such as dosing and duration of either diet-controlled ketosis or exogenous administration of agents that enhance ketone production. As with other interventions considered in this report, there is an absence of information on which forms of TBI—mild/concussion, moderate, severe, and penetrating—might benefit from such therapy.
Glad you post on the subject, DreamStalker. It has been life-changing for me, man.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:06 pm

jnk... wrote:
DreamStalker wrote: . . . One thing that has been shown to not only be safe and effective for healing brain injuries is a ketogenic diet . . .
With a few caveats, of course, according to the source given . . .
Important knowledge gaps must be addressed before either the classic or modified ketogenic diet can be recommended as a treatment for TBI [traumatic brain injury]. . . . This nutritional strategy utilizes an alternative metabolic pathway, and there is limited data on issues such as dosing and duration of either diet-controlled ketosis or exogenous administration of agents that enhance ketone production. As with other interventions considered in this report, there is an absence of information on which forms of TBI—mild/concussion, moderate, severe, and penetrating—might benefit from such therapy.
Glad you post on the subject, DreamStalker. It has been life-changing for me, man.
Well fortunately folks like D’Agostino have begun filling in those gaps of data and information.

Good to see old friends too ...

Unfortunately, I gotta go for now.

kteague

Post by kteague » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:43 pm

In the old days when liquid diets were all the rage, there was always a warning about the dangers of ketosis and using test stips to check for ketones in the urine. Does a ketogenic diet cause ketones in the urine? Has the thinking changed over the years or is this two different subjects?

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:55 pm

Now the test strips are used to make sure you have ketones in the urine in order to enter what some call "nutritional ketosis" on purpose.

There are people who should not play with ketosis:

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Keto ... tions.aspx

But it is no longer considered all that extreme even in the mainstream, it seems:

http://time.com/4609015/ketogenic-diet-explained/
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:03 pm

There is probably no supplement that can cancel out genetics,
regardless of what they may claim.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:18 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:There is probably no supplement that can cancel out genetics,
A: there are supplements that can cancel out genetic deficits
Examples: 1: Citrulline for those who convert Arginine poorly
2: Glutamine for those who can't clean Phenylaline properly out of their systems
3:other things I can't name
B: Genetic diseases, like familial APnea, once treated - can be supplemented for brain recovery since the apnea is no longer damaging the brain.

So basically, you're completely incorrect, and I have no idea why you would say this.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:17 am

I'm not a believer in supplements...try to eat a balanced diet with a daily vitamin.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:02 am

chunkyfrog wrote:There is probably no supplement that can cancel out genetics,
Astragalus propinquus (syn. Astragalus membranaceus,[2] commonly known as Mongolian milkvetch[3] in English and as huáng qí (Chinese: 黄芪), běi qí (Chinese: 北芪) or huáng huā huáng qí (Chinese: 黄花黄耆),[4] in Chinese, is a flowering plant in the family Fabaceae.

Anti-Aging Pill Targets Telomeres at the Ends of Chromosomes

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:10 am

jnk... wrote:Now the test strips are used to make sure you have ketones in the urine in order to enter what some call "nutritional ketosis" on purpose.

There are people who should not play with ketosis:

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Keto ... tions.aspx

But it is no longer considered all that extreme even in the mainstream, it seems:

http://time.com/4609015/ketogenic-diet-explained/
Many (including medical professionals) misunderstand the difference between ketosis and ketoacidosis. The latter is a dangerous condition for Type I diabetics. Ketosis on the other hand is quite safe (even for Type I diabetics though they need additional and more frequent monitoring just like they do when they are not in ketosis) and some researchers would actually argue (correctly IMO) that a ketotic metabolic state is more normal than the glucotoxic state that most people maintain by eating way too many carbs ... the main cause of metabolic syndrome. From an evolutionary perspective, humans would not exist if a state of ketosis was not normal.

esel

Post by esel » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 am

there are no strict regulation on supplements. Production need to be cheap. Primary products need to be cheap. Quality is not checked. Dosage and reproducible production is hampered by continual changes of where and who sells the primary products.

maybe have a look at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQeIBbffrY

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks for that. Good stuff.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)