mayo clinic on CSA vs others

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LSAT

Re: mayo clinic on CSA vs others

Post by LSAT » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:35 am

xxyzx wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
xxyzx wrote:the mayo clinic study showed at 15% of apnea patients have CA

so dismissing that possibility when patients still feel tired after being treated for OSA with cpap is a big mistake

some folks here seem to think CA is so rare it need not be considered
but those who are still tired after your initial cpap treatment should look to see whether it really is complex/mixed apnea
or there are other problems keeping your treatment from being successful

When people come here asking for help, we all frequently asking them for the data and graphs, and specifically for the makeup of events. Why? Because the treatment for obstructive events and clear airway events are different. And we don't want to raise the minimum pressure for CSA when they really need a different machine.

Why do you think people are ignoring CA? It shows up in the data, so if it is untreated, we can see it if the person provides the data from their machine.
===========

because a lot of trolls here said i was FOS and that CA was not a concern
when i told people with low ahi that still felt terrible that they shuold check for CA

Could be because when someone with a low AHI reports a few CAs, you tell them that they have CA and should get an ASV machine.

ajack

Post by ajack » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:15 pm

xxyzx wrote:
ajack wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
ajack wrote: "This phenomenon has been observed for years, but this study is the first attempt to categorize these people."
=====

i read quite well

you keep trying to project your flaws on me because you cant admit to being the doofus you really are
I'm sorry, It was thoughtless of me to directly answer you and cause you further distress. I will edit my post. I initially wanted to acknowledge the study, but I'm frustrated about they way you post too and I took the opportunity to have a shot at you. It was wrong of me, I wasn't thinking of you and how you feel.

I really don't know the best way I, or the forum in general, proceeds from here. Upsetting you isn't in your best interest, nor of any benefit to anyone. I think you aren't in a position to back down. Perhaps an irrational need to be right, while attacking back, in response to feeling attacked by the group. I can see that you are very angry. At the same time, there are some things you say that may not be in the interest of a new poster.

It is good that you are reading up on apnea, I learn better by visual/audio now, probably from the decades of watching TV. You may get a better understanding from youtube videos, there are some excellent ones on ASV from this site over several seminars
https://www.youtube.com/user/emjreviews/videos

if you take nothing else from the experts, take this sound bite, you can then view it all for context. this doctors serious patients had a 50% resolution of complex SA within a few months and a return to cpap therapy.
https://youtu.be/Nr08K5IfzzY?t=2851

"the majority of these patients will resolve anyway" from this sound bite
https://youtu.be/tMQgxS2kh9Y?t=124

As you know the subject of pressure induced centrals are well talked about on the forums. Where in general, if they didn't show up in the original sleep study, they should resolve.
=========

some people claim they resolve but i see no evidence just claims even in medical papers

the study i saw says they become permanent and was based on seeing what did happen
you have 2 experts in the field giving lectures to other doctors saying it, but this isn't credible enough and your opinion is better? Just have a think about it and play the youtubes again

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:25 am

xxyzx wrote: i tell people with low ahi that still feel like crap to stop worrying about a silly statistic
and start finding out the real cause

15-20% of them do have CA and need to address that

the only FDA approved treatemtn for CA is the ASV
That makes no sense. If somebody has an ahi of 2, they are averaging 2 events per hour. If we check the data, we can see if they are long or clustered. If not, there is no probem with CAs.

Why do you think that 15-20% of people with low AHIs have a problem with CA? That is probably the percentage for people with CA compared to all people with sleep apnea, and that would include all the people with high AHI numbers.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

silversleeper

Post by silversleeper » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:05 am

xxyzx, it appears that you have celebrity status. Perhaps you should charge the forums for all of the activity you create!! Congrats!!

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:29 pm

silversleeper wrote:xxyzx, it appears that you have celebrity status. Perhaps you should charge the forums for all of the activity you create!! Congrats!!
I come here far more often than I should, simply because he is so entertaining! I do try not to engage with him though since I've long ago realized that it's futile. Like arguing with the "slow" kid in class.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:38 pm

silversleeper wrote:xxyzx, it appears that you have celebrity status. Perhaps you should charge the forums for all of the activity you create!! Congrats!!

"celebrity status" = forum name change?

Maybe something like... xxyzx's platform for all things cpap?
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:07 pm

zoocrewphoto wrote:
xxyzx wrote:the only FDA approved treatemtn for CA is the ASV
That makes no sense. If somebody has an ahi of 2, they are averaging 2 events per hour. If we check the data, we can see if they are long or clustered. If not, there is no probem with CAs.

Why do you think that 15-20% of people with low AHIs have a problem with CA? That is probably the percentage for people with CA compared to all people with sleep apnea, and that would include all the people with high AHI numbers.
as with most of what alphabet soup says, that's wrong too... there's the ST bilevel machines.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

silversleeper

Post by silversleeper » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:00 am

Lucyhere wrote:

"celebrity status" = forum name change?

Maybe something like..xxyzx's platform for all things cpap?

[/color]

+1

someguy35

Post by someguy35 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:10 am

I love that guy.
You read something and know what is wrong or to avoid.

someguy11

Post by someguy11 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 am

xxyzx wrote: exactly

that guy quotes studies and uses facts plus logic to determine truth

if he tells you something you can take it to the bank
that is why I love him too (you meant palerider, didn't you). you two together are the best way to dive into a topic. the one tells what is important - the other one tells you everything that cannot be done with it or is completely wrong.

I totally love that approach.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:45 pm

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:
zoocrewphoto wrote:
xxyzx wrote:the only FDA approved treatemtn for CA is the ASV

as with most of what alphabet soup says, that's wrong too... there's the ST bilevel machines.
========

yes there are and they FAIL at helping complex/mixed apnea and also CA

you need an ASV if you have CA or the mixed apnea problem

just declaring me wrong does not make it so
they gave me a bipap and i could not sleep at all
it kept waking me up
tell us all again how well your "expertise" has treated your apena.... AHI under 1.0? sleeping all night? well rested? no psychotic episodes?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Marillion

Post by Marillion » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:10 pm

He's still working on getting that ASV...my guess is it will be a very, very, very long wait.

Not Fade

Post by Not Fade » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm

palerider wrote:tell us all again how well your "expertise" has treated your apena.... AHI under 1.0? sleeping all night? well rested? no psychotic episodes?
Marillion wrote:He's still working on getting that ASV...my guess is it will be a very, very, very long wait.
After a three-month absence, I finally got back to do some reading here today. I noticed someone new giving a lot of advice (questionable advice) in a strange style.

Now am I to learn he can't even manage his own therapy, much less those he replies to?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:10 pm

xxyzx wrote:
palerider wrote:tell us all again how well your "expertise" has treated your apena.... AHI under 1.0? sleeping all night? well rested? no psychotic episodes?
========

you know fn well that i have not treated my apnea
and yet, you *think* you know how to treat everybody elses.

people that can't even manage their own therapy should NOT be allowed to spew their ignorance to others.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:27 pm

xxyzx wrote:
Not Fade wrote:
Marillion wrote:He's still working on getting that ASV...my guess is it will be a very, very, very long wait.
After a three-month absence, I finally got back to do some reading here today. I noticed someone new giving a lot of advice (questionable advice) in a strange style.

Now am I to learn he can't even manage his own therapy, much less those he replies to?
=====

i am managing my own therapy perfectly well

slowly grinding down some petty file clerk who wont send my request to the approvers
because she thinks she knows more than my board cert sleep doc

i am finding away around her and i will get the ASV soon
If you manage your therapy so well, why do you need an ASV?