Switched to BiPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rottyjohn

Switched to BiPAP

Post by rottyjohn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:55 am

Hello All,

I was recently switched to BiPap. Been on CPAP (APAP SYSTEM One 10-18) for 6 years. Recently had multiple sleep tests as a possible cause of erratic BP. New Sleep Dr. prescribed straight BiPap 12/16 severe OA. My apnea is very positional side not so bad on my back is way worse borderline terrible. It has only been a couple of weeks but seems pressure is not right? I don't seem to get much over 4 to 5 hrs of sleep. I will say though I do feel rested. Really don't trust myself having a lifelong sleep disorder. I do suppose need to give it some time but i am not patient and have a Mr FixIt tendency. Have had a couple of days over last month where i woke up really fuzzy headed? New machine data easily read by Sleepyhead. Shows good days Ahi well under 1 but a couple of days well over 5? I will say have been battling mask leaks with the higher constant pressure but like to think got it under control? Using Resmed Quatro FX.

Here is my question after all that build up? Seems I am having more CAs registered instead of OAs? Does this sound familiar? Last night as an example. 4 1/2 hours slept only 3 events. 1 OA (10 sec) 2CA (25 & 21 sec)

Should would appreciate any thoughts or experiences?

LSAT

Re: Switched to BiPAP

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:37 am

rottyjohn wrote:Hello All,

I was recently switched to BiPap. Been on CPAP (APAP SYSTEM One 10-18) for 6 years. Recently had multiple sleep tests as a possible cause of erratic BP. New Sleep Dr. prescribed straight BiPap 12/16 severe OA. My apnea is very positional side not so bad on my back is way worse borderline terrible. It has only been a couple of weeks but seems pressure is not right? I don't seem to get much over 4 to 5 hrs of sleep. I will say though I do feel rested. Really don't trust myself having a lifelong sleep disorder. I do suppose need to give it some time but i am not patient and have a Mr FixIt tendency. Have had a couple of days over last month where i woke up really fuzzy headed? New machine data easily read by Sleepyhead. Shows good days Ahi well under 1 but a couple of days well over 5? I will say have been battling mask leaks with the higher constant pressure but like to think got it under control? Using Resmed Quatro FX.

Here is my question after all that build up? Seems I am having more CAs registered instead of OAs? Does this sound familiar? Last night as an example. 4 1/2 hours slept only 3 events. 1 OA (10 sec) 2CA (25 & 21 sec)

If you only had 3 events in 4 1/2 hours...forget about it. Your CA's are junk and can be ignored.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:21 am

+1 for SWJ - Sleep-Wake-Junk

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:31 am

xxyzx wrote:

=============

bipaps can cause CA with the higher pressures
you may need an ASV

an auto bipap might help if you cant get an ASV
With 3 events in 4+ hours and low pressure...DOES NOT NEED AN ASV. Stop putting out this garbage.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:34 am

xxyzx wrote:
LSAT wrote:

If you only had 3 events in 4 1/2 hours...forget about it. Your CA's are junk and can be ignored.
========

apnea of 20 25 seconds is not junk
that is a real apnea

sounds like real CAs to me
often happens with the higher pressures bipaps tend to be at
The CAs and the xxyzx response are JUNK.

ajack

Post by ajack » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:30 pm

I wouldn't be concerned. If they are from the change to bpap, they will settle down as you get use to it. you are probably washing off excess O2 and ,25 an hour doesn't count anyway.
I think your apnea rate is excellent and bpap is working for you

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:31 pm

LSAT wrote:If you only had 3 events in 4 1/2 hours...forget about it. Your CA's are junk and can be ignored.
by 'junk' he means, transitional centrals, which are nothing to be worried about... and 2 of them is completely insignificant.

and xxyzx is an idiot that knows northing about CPAP.... read his first posts, he can't even get his own therapy working.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:43 am

ORLY?

please just show us one single study that comes to the cunclusion that SWJ - Sleep-Wake-Junk - that is what we call the events inbetween the transitioning from sleeping to "awake" and back to sleeping.
During the stages of sleep-transitioning-state (STS), which happen multiple times during the night as we cycle through the different sleep-states, it is absolutely normal to have central apneas!

I really can't believe that there is even 1 single study out there that comes to the conclusion that if you have more than one complete sleep-cycle (normal is 3 or 5 to 7 - depending on the age) you will develop CAs?
At least no study that is not from our beloved letter-guy^^

So, I call you a liar!