How to report Airing?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: How to report Airing?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:42 am

Pugsy wrote:I am not sure I want to waste $7 just to see and feel one.
I just ordered one of these nasal dilators - https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stop-Snoring ... #read-more Image

Some mornings, I like to pull off my mask and curl up in the bed listening to the radio before I get up. On my sides, my nasal passages quickly become clogged. I guess it is blood pooling in the vessels. I am going to see if the nasal dilator will help.

I think those Airing-like devices are just nasal dilators. They probably don't work so well.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:50 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:I just ordered one of these nasal dilators
Some mornings, I like to pull off my mask and curl up in the bed listening to the radio before I get up. On my sides, my nasal passages quickly become clogged. I guess it is blood pooling in the vessels. I am going to see if the nasal dilator will help.

I think those Airing-like devices are just nasal dilators. They probably don't work so well.
I am think you are probably right about the nasal dilator thing.
Do let me know if you do with them.
Now the PEP thing..it potentially could help some people depending on apnea severity. That was proven with the Provent.
Not OMG improvement but a "better than nothing" improvement.
I tried the Provent once but I had problems
1...hard to get the damn things to stick in place
2...once stuck I had trouble exhaling against the pressure...never could get comfortable doing it and if you can't it stands zero chance of even "better than nothing" improvement. It was a lot harder to exhale against it than exhaling against cpap pressure.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:05 am

Pugsy wrote:once stuck I had trouble exhaling against the pressure...never could get comfortable doing it and if you can't it stands zero chance of even "better than nothing" improvement. It was a lot harder to exhale against it than exhaling against cpap pressure.
Gramps got a trial pack of Provent. Both of us tried them. Our experience was the same as yours - useless, even for short naps. I even tried taping my mouth shut with the Provent in place. The breathing was so difficult, I could not fall asleep. This is coming from someone who can tolerate CPAP pressure as high as 20.