Airesnse 10 On/OFf switch led

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gregnga

Post by gregnga » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:08 am

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the LED light in the on/off switch when the machine is not running. Sometimes, when I wake up and can't get back to sleep after about 5hrs of usage, I will just remove the mask and turn the machine off and try to go back to sleep. Having the On/Off switch illuminated when I am trying to sleep is annoying. Is there an option to have it on or off when the machine is not being used.

tedtomato

Re: Airesnse 10 On/OFf switch led

Post by tedtomato » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 am

You can just press the switch for a few seconds to turn the machine off completely.

However, the light on the switch is not very bright, so I am struggling to understand how it could be an issue.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:31 am

gregnga wrote:Sometimes, when I wake up and can't get back to sleep after about 5hrs of usage, I will just remove the mask and turn the machine off and try to go back to sleep.
Sleep without the machine??? That's a bad habit to start.

For the light...cover with a towel...or unplug it ???

I can't see the light with my eyes closed myself.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:32 am

If the light bothers you, look into the CPAP nightstand. The machine sits inside with the doors closed. My wife and I both use one.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:19 am

Cover the light with a small piece of duct tape.

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:14 pm

I keep that light off by not sleeping with out my device on and working. Then that little green light goes off all by itself with no need for electrical tape to block it.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:14 pm

gregnga wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the LED light in the on/off switch when the machine is not running. Sometimes, when I wake up and can't get back to sleep after about 5hrs of usage, I will just remove the mask and turn the machine off and try to go back to sleep. Having the On/Off switch illuminated when I am trying to sleep is annoying. Is there an option to have it on or off when the machine is not being used.
Basically you are telling us you want to sleep without the machine part of the night. That does not compute. You don't want to live a full life? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:48 pm

once again, the best answer is Pugsy's.... don't sleep without the machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cowboyup

Post by Cowboyup » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:17 pm

I got one of those cpap nightstands for $125. Works out really well for me. No lights, free's up counter top space and provides a place to store my supplies. Sliding tray for the machine. I like it.

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:23 pm

palerider wrote:once again, the best answer is Pugsy's.... don't sleep without the machine.
Nope, sorry.

Question was " Is there an option to have it on or off when the machine is not being used" and I am the only one who has actually answered the question being asked...

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 pm

tedtomato wrote:Nope, sorry.

Question was " Is there an option to have it on or off when the machine is not being used" and I am the only one who has actually answered the question being asked...
I would have mentioned what you said but you said it first and I saw no need to repeat what you said.
Once someone says something that I might have said I see no need to say it again and rarely will. Now I might add other options like I did here but I see no sense in repeating what someone else says.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:01 am

tedtomato wrote:
palerider wrote:once again, the best answer is Pugsy's.... don't sleep without the machine.
Nope, sorry.

and yet, your answer, as usual, misses the bigger picture, which Pugsy got.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

gregnga

Post by gregnga » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:55 am

I normally don't sleep without the machine. If I do turn it off, it's usually after 5 to 5 1/2 hours sleep when I am having trouble adjusting my mask or rainout (I have just solved this problem by getting an AS10) and I already have gotten most of the sleep I need for the night. I figure, by the time I get done fiddling with the mask and I have to get up for work in 45 minutes or an hour, I'm probably not getting back to sleep anyway.

PaulKTF

Post by PaulKTF » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:39 am

How can the light bother you if your eyes are closed at night when you're supposed to be sleeping when using the machine?

-Paul.

gregnga

Post by gregnga » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:51 am

PaulKTF wrote:How can the light bother you if your eyes are closed at night when you're supposed to be sleeping when using the machine?
If you bothered to notice in my original post:
Sometimes, when I wake up and can't get back to sleep after about 5hrs of usage, I will just remove the mask and turn the machine off and try to go back to sleep. Having the On/Off switch illuminated when I am trying to sleep is annoying.
you might notice that I want the LED light to be off when I am trying to get back to sleep, not when I am sleeping.