Another AirMini experience

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Another AirMini experience

Post by palerider » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:39 pm

tedtomato wrote:What are they thinking!?
that people want humidification, but don't want to wag around half a pound of water in a tiny travel machine.
duh.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:32 am

Goofproof wrote:You will always be driving a old model, after the first year they can make it cheaper in quality, more profit for them. Jim
You think that is a problem?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Early adopters want to be the first kid to have that new gizmo,
Off course, the downside is you pay premium price for the beta version--bugs included.
While seeking envy, it is easy to be a fool.
Patience can be very rewarding.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:03 pm

Or in the case of my 12 year old Remstar "TANK", let it be out a few years, By then the bugs are out, (with older versions of XPAP Quality was better). Basically there were few problems with "TANKS", after 12 years it's working flawlessly, every night! Something you will never see on the new greatest XPAP products, but just in case, I have three. maybe my great great grandson will need one. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:12 pm

Goofproof wrote:Or in the case of my 12 year old Remstar "TANK", let it be out a few years, By then the bugs are out, (with older versions of XPAP Quality was better). Basically there were few problems with "TANKS", after 12 years it's working flawlessly, every night! Something you will never see on the new greatest XPAP products, but just in case, I have three. maybe my great great grandson will need one. Jim
Hey Jim...Check out this Craigslist Ad. This guy has an S9 that he says will go 100,000 hours. (I think that's 34 years).
https://dayton.craigslist.org/hab/6154582870.html

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:40 pm

LSAT wrote:Hey Jim...Check out this Craigslist Ad. This guy has an S9 that he says will go 100,000 hours. (I think that's 34 years).
Must be the Resmed Marketing Manager...
also says
Voted Best CPAP Machine of 2014, the ResMed S9 Elite™ with H5i™ Heated Humidifier offers top of the line comfort and reporting features.
by who he doesn't say - must be him.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:26 pm

LSAT wrote:
Goofproof wrote:Or in the case of my 12 year old Remstar "TANK", let it be out a few years, By then the bugs are out, (with older versions of XPAP Quality was better). Basically there were few problems with "TANKS", after 12 years it's working flawlessly, every night! Something you will never see on the new greatest XPAP products, but just in case, I have three. maybe my great great grandson will need one. Jim
Hey Jim...Check out this Craigslist Ad. This guy has an S9 that he says will go 100,000 hours. (I think that's 34 years).
https://dayton.craigslist.org/hab/6154582870.html
No Resmed's allow over here, we are a 12 volt zone, 24 volts in my 12 volt world doesn't compute. Last 24 volt system I used was out of a chopper. Plus I don't approve of their business plan on pricing. I'll let him know if he wants to buy a slightly used "Tank", after I get 35 years on it, by then his warrenty will have ran out. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

tedtomato

Post by tedtomato » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:56 pm

palerider wrote:
tedtomato wrote:What are they thinking!?
that people want humidification, but don't want to wag around half a pound of water in a tiny travel machine.
duh.
Quite irrelevant to my point about using standard masks, and the custom connection/hose Resmed has introduced...but thanks for your contribution, as always.

I don't know many people who are moving around water while carrying machine or traveling. I think that might even be discouraged by Resmed...

I don't think the Resmed new humidification system required them to have custom connections on the hose.

robo2084

Post by robo2084 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:48 am

One more update after now a total of three nights with the Airmini. Verdict is - I'm afraid I don't like it too much. For whatever reason, the sounds didn't bother me as much on night 1 as they did on nights 2 and 3. I didn't sleep well for the last two nights. I think I could get used to it, but I'm not sure I want to - it's sort of like revisiting some of the annoyance of getting started on CPAP to begin with.

Furthermore, I've decided that the actual breathing program itself, while much better than the Z1, is no where near as good in terms of comfort as my Airsense 10. I feel like the Airsense 10 ultimately matches to my breathing to a point where I don't feel like I'm wearing it. Not so much the Air Mini.

I've got a couple of trips coming up and I think I'll just wind up lugging the Airsense 10. I don't want to deal with a few nights of bad sleep.

Hopefully Resmed will iron out these issues over time, but I'd agree with others that this is effectively a 'late beta' product. It may be better than other portables but it has a way to go.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:59 am

I plan to haul my Airsense along when we travel next, but the DeVillBiss will still have a corner in the back of the Prius.
My backup, mostly, but it plugs into the lighter in case I need a rest area nap.
To anyone traveling--make that list---NOW. Your memory may develop gaps the day you leave!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:57 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I plan to haul my Airsense along when we travel next, but the DeVillBiss will still have a corner in the back of the Prius.
My backup, mostly, but it plugs into the lighter in case I need a rest area nap.
To anyone traveling--make that list---NOW. Your memory may develop gaps the day you leave!
And as we get older!!!!!

JStaggie

Post by JStaggie » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:56 pm

Can't speak to the Tank, but I got an S9 Autoset right when they hit the market and after -7 years and nearly 16,000 hours run time, it has never had a problem. It's still quietly doing the job. I travel for work and it's a bit of a pain to travel with (so I'm looking at the Airmini and Dreamstation Go). But so far as I can tell, these new XPAP products are doing fine.