Please Share Misc Helpful Hints

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Crissy

RSMGMymthpvshJh

Post by Crissy » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:18 am

Cheers pal. I do appreciate the wirtnig.

Lyzbeth

YMZsxygiwuctLFJvG

Post by Lyzbeth » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 am

Shoot, who would have tohuhgt that it was that easy?

Rangler

UkqvJngYfmuAFv

Post by Rangler » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:08 am

Very true! Makes a cahgne to see someone spell it out like that.

kwcrnp

Re: Please Share Misc Helpful Hints

Post by kwcrnp » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm a newbie and waiting for my equipment to get delivered. This thread has been both very helpful and yet overwhelms me too!! It seems like there is so much to do, so much to worry about and prepare for.....seems like I'll need a butt load of paraphernalia to clean it, maintain it, fix it and take it on trips!! Ughhh
Kristi

Brandnewcpappillowuser

Post by Brandnewcpappillowuser » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:25 pm

I need help. My cpap pillows are difficult to exhale through. I'm just on my second night but all I do is lay in bed and labor through my exhaling. I'm way too fatigued.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:34 pm

If your pillows are two layers, the inner cone may be inside-out.
This happens when they need to be replaced.

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:10 pm

I also washed and disinfected hose, humidifier and mask like crazy the 1st 2 weeks, and quickly decided too much work!! I use CVS Soft Cloths Supreme- SENSITIVE. They are baby wipes. These SENSITIVE ones have no alcohol or aloe, so safe for use with mask. Buy the dispenser when you first buy them, then buy refill packs to refill dispenser as necessary. I buy them when on sale- keep an eye on the sale paper every week. I got 5 resealable packages of 64 each- total 340 cloths, so when ripped in half, have 680 half-cloths, last week for $5.99, less than half-price!!! I am set for nearly two years!!!

1. Wash hands well.
2. Tear each cloth in half once out of the dispenser. Put other half back into the dispenser for use tomorrow night. Be sure to close the dispenser tight so they don't dry out!!
3. At bedtime, clean mask with the half-cloth, then clean face where mask will sit, then throw the half cloth away. The mask will sit very well, without leaks, because no face oil on your face where mask will rest all night.I use the Swift Fx mask, so I clean the nasal pillows and the entire plastic apparatus the nose pillows are supported by.

4--. optional- but you might a cleaning freak.....you can clean the mask in the morning too with the other half cloth, if you want, and throw the cloth away, but you will run out of cloths faster.
5. Put your mask under the pillow in the AM and make the bed over it. Kitties don't bother with it. Out of sight, out of mind.

I bought the dishwasher safe H51 humidifier bucket, and throw it in the dishwasher about once a month. I use ONLY distilled water in the humifier. I clean my heated Climateline hose with vinegar and water (1:10 ratio)r that same day, and hang it to dry in from the shower rod in the powder room where the toilet is broken and will not flush so we don't use it, so no bacteria dispersed in the room to end up in my hose. I change the heated hose every 6 months. The toilet cannot be repaired & needs replaced- (something the landlord will not do.) At time for next lease=signing I will petition him for a handicap toilet (taller for my new knee replacement) and will hang the tube in my closet then with a little dishpan under it to catch any wayward drips.

Pressure 6-10 cm