Sorry

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NyNurse33

Sorry

Post by NyNurse33 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:36 pm

Just to my fellow cpapers, for the remarks on the other post. I did not mean to come across as a rude person. But I let that "guest" get the best of me. I will not drag it on, so we can get back to business.
~Melissa~

The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep. ~E. Joseph Cossman

DME Police

Post by DME Police » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:41 pm

Your little ruckus has caused a lot of truths to be posted that we would prefer did not see the light of day. Under the laws of Texas, you in deep trouble Ms Mellissa.

snoregirl

Post by snoregirl » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:44 pm

I enjoyed your retort. Especially to a person who twists opinion into something they feel they can lecture on and then claims that they didn't intend it to be taken as such.

Give me a break Guest

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:45 pm

LOL! DME Police you are so right!

Good for you Melissa! Keep up the good work and remember not all guests are troublemakers!

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:47 pm

Oh. maybe I misunderstood but I'm pretty sure DME Police was giving a tongue-in-cheek reply to support Melissa's side!

NyNurse33

Post by NyNurse33 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:47 pm

~Melissa~

The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep. ~E. Joseph Cossman

NyNurse33

Post by NyNurse33 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:51 pm

Don't worry...I don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch!!
~Melissa~

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:58 pm

Why a sad face? We still love ya.

NyNurse33

Post by NyNurse33 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:01 pm

LOL..posted late..originally for the DME police. I certainly can feel the love in here...oh wait is that just the condensation from my tube?

~Melissa~

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:07 pm

After that one, you DEFINITELY belong here, Melissa!
Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

CollegeGirl

Post by CollegeGirl » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Does that mean we should start calling hose covers "love gloves" ?

Sorry, couldn't resist. I'll go to my time-out corner now.

Gerald

Post by Gerald » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:57 pm

Melissa.....I thought what you had to say was done in quite an eloquent manner....and I don't think you needed to say "sorry". I've had a feeling (for a while) that our "guest" might be one of those "dominant type doctors" who just can't stand the thought of any of us (patients) not being "bovinely compliant".

I learned something the other day that might be appropriate to mention here. For a long time, I had wondered how the drug manufacturers knew which doctors to "reward" for writing prescriptions favoring particular drugs. The drug companies spend millions pushing their products......and it turns out that the pharmacies sell the information about which doctors prescribe which pills....the info is purchased by a data gathering company...which sells the info to the drug companies....who then report back to their drug reps...so that the reps will know which doctors to "stroke". It's a smooth system....totally beyond the view of the average "patient".

Since the equipment we purchase is sold by "prescription only", there's a strong possibility that the same "stroke & reward system" is in place for xpap machines.

I've always found that when something "just doesn't make sense".....or when someone takes an action that just doesn't seem logical....there's something in the background that's being deliberately hidden from my view.....a "piece of the puzzle" that isn't being shown.

The only way to overcome "hidden deals" is to persist in what you want......and I think you're doing a good job at that. Keep it up.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:31 pm

Look. I said I'm sorry. Seriously. I obviously came across way wrong.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.

Really. Honest. I'm sorry.

No, I'm not a doc, I'm not a dme business or anything else. I'm just a fellow cpap user who posted an opinion that very obviously came out way wrong and my attempt to clear the air apparently only made things worse.

I'm sorry. I don't know what else I can do but apologize. Really. It was just an opinion and apparently I didn't express it well.

byront

Post by byront » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:54 pm

No need as far as I'm concerned. I thought you were right on, and applauded your reply to his absurd, uncalled for, post. I'm sure I ran into him on another recent topic regarding resmed new policy where resmed was making no money - then they were making money but it was negligible, not enough to put their kids through college. The one that topped the chart was the insinuation that the DME's really don't want all that profit and want to be able to drop their prices. He's put up his bricks and mortared them , and there is no getting through that wall!

By the way, I have an apap and love it. But recently I tried a night on straight cpap and had a terrible night. I also woke up with the pressure in the ears - not so on apap. About three months ago (prior to cpap) I went through a long drawn out battle with an ear infection, so a second night on cpap was out of the question. I just don't think I can tolerate the constant high pressure throughout the entire night. I didn't realize that the constant high pressure might have been the problem until I got EncorePro and realized that most of the night was spent at 2-2.5 cm lower than my titrated 90% pressure of 11.5 cm. So I understand your issues completely and think your right on track - even more so than your doctor. A great portion of getting successful therapy really boils down to compliance, which it seems you are rightfully shooting for but the people that are supposed to be helping you are disregarding. Maybe it's because it hurts their profit margin, or maybe you are just smarter than they are . In any case it seems obvious that they are not as concerned as they should be and certainly don't seem concerned about trying to get it right the 1st time around. Without compliance there is no therapy. Their highly compensated job is to get you that therapy. The best of luck with this to you, and Thanks! I'm a hunt and peck typist and your response to 'guest' saved me a lot of time and effort - that's why I ended up bowing out of my last encounter with him/her - not to mention my bloodpressure and the fact that DreamStalker took over quite nicely . --- BT

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:05 pm

You have nothing to apologize for Melissa! Keep fighting for the apap. I have an apap and it's a good thing. My followup at the MDs was just so he could tell me that now that I have a machine, I didn't need anything else! He does NO followup for apnea at all. If I have a problem I'm supposed to call apria(like that might happen)! With help from everyone here I've re-titrated myself from 7 to 9 and sleeping much better.

Brenda