Roberto's Breeze Mod #1 - UPDATED

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
puffing billy

Post by puffing billy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:25 pm

Good Job Roberto
Does your design ride up?
That was my main problem.
Trouble is I find my Breeze comfortable most of the time which lowers the motivation level.

Billy

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:47 pm

puffing billy wrote:Good Job Roberto
Trouble is I find my Breeze comfortable most of the time which lowers the motivation level.

Billy
That’s a good question Billy. You see, it is not evident from my avatar picture, but I actually have long hair that I always wear in a pony tail. I also wear the pony tail to bed at night and I usually just place the back strap of the head band over it and I never had any problems with it riding up. I had gotten into the habit by previously doing the same thing with my Swift headgear.

When I got home this afternoon, I tried on the modified Breeze without my pony tail and it does appear to ride up. I think you have pointed out a significant flaw in the design and after you brought the question up I then remembered you had discussed that issue in one of your previous posts.

I suppose that those with short hair could use the same fix that is used by some for the Swift … which is to add a piece of the “hook-side” of a strip of Velcro on the inside rear of the head band. It sticks to your hair and keeps the head band in place (not advised for those with long hair though since it gets all tangled up). Another fix might be to add some stretch type Velcro (like the halo bands) to wrap underneath the chin and around to the rear side of the head band. I actually removed the halo straps on mine to try that and it did seem to work.

Anyway, that was a good catch … thanks Billy. I will add this info to the conclusions section in the original post.

- roberto

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

kavanaugh1950

Post by kavanaugh1950 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:26 pm

I love your song roberto. also what do you do that you will behaving a busy holiday season? I hope its a happy and prosperous one for you, I will miss your posts when you wean down. pat

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:50 am

DreamStalker wrote:
puffing billy wrote:Good Job Roberto

Billy
That’s a good question Billy. You see, it is not evident from my avatar picture, but I actually have long hair that I always wear in a pony tail. I also wear the pony tail to bed at night and I usually just place the back strap of the head band over it and I never had any problems with it riding up. I had gotten into the habit by previously doing the same thing with my Swift headgear.

When I got home this afternoon, I tried on the modified Breeze without my pony tail and it does appear to ride up. I think you have pointed out a significant flaw in the design and after you brought the question up I then remembered you had discussed that issue in one of your previous posts.

I suppose that those with short hair could use the same fix that is used by some for the Swift … which is to add a piece of the “hook-side” of a strip of Velcro on the inside rear of the head band. It sticks to your hair and keeps the head band in place (not advised for those with long hair though since it gets all tangled up). Another fix might be to add some stretch type Velcro (like the halo bands) to wrap underneath the chin and around to the rear side of the head band. I actually removed the halo straps on mine to try that and it did seem to work.

Anyway, that was a good catch … thanks Billy. I will add this info to the conclusions section in the original post.

- roberto

I used to use my ponytail to hold down my straps, too--but am currently wearing shorter hair because the velcro fix works so well. Had I known about it, I may still be using my Swift! Here is a link to the posting that saved me from a lifetime of strap slippage:

Link to Velcro No-Slip Strap Fix

Best of luck.

Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

puffing billy

Post by puffing billy » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:15 am

Roberto
I have the answer, a velcro strap that attaches to your nightshirt. Tehe.

Billy

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:19 pm

puffing billy wrote:Roberto
I have the answer, a velcro strap that attaches to your nightshirt. Tehe.

Billy
I was thinking you might be able to attach the hose guide to a football helmet and wear the helmet to sleep ... hehehe.

- r

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.