CHEATING ON A SLEEP STUDY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: CHEATING ON A SLEEP STUDY

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:10 pm

ThisOneSaysNo wrote:I have read with great interest your website.
Never have I seen so many sheeple gathered in one place defending a machine that sits by your bed WITH A TWO WAY MICROPHONE imbedded in it that is on 24/7/365.

A medical doctor told me that, with all the leads and sensors, a "sleep apnea" test was so designed that almost any reading could be read to produce a patient needing a CPAP. And the folks who do the study also get to determine if you need one, which they usually sell at a profit of course... or have stock in.

Don't believe me? Stick that chip in your laptop. The software to read the chip is FREE and DOWNLOADABLE. You can actually read where the CPAP is reaching out to its GUIDE to hook up with GPS and randomly transmit readings.

TALK ABOUT GOVERNMENT IN YOUR BEDROOM..... BUT THEN, MAYBE YOU ARE THE GOVERNMENT IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER.... YOUR SITE CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE AN ONGOING COMMERCIAL.

TAKE THE WEIGHT OFF, STOP SMOKING AND GROW UP.
It's really too bad you don't have a damned clue what you're talking about.
Total garbage and nonsense. Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah........

I vote......."TROLL". (and a really stupid one at that.)

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:23 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Never have I seen so many sheeple gathered in one place defending a machine that sits by your bed WITH A TWO WAY MICROPHONE imbedded in it that is on 24/7/365.

A medical doctor told me that, with all the leads and sensors, a "sleep apnea" test was so designed that almost any reading could be read to produce a patient needing a CPAP. And the folks who do the study also get to determine if you need one, which they usually sell at a profit of course... or have stock in.

Don't believe me? Stick that chip in your laptop. The software to read the chip is FREE and DOWNLOADABLE. You can actually read where the CPAP is reaching out to its GUIDE to hook up with GPS and randomly transmit readings.

TALK ABOUT GOVERNMENT IN YOUR BEDROOM..... BUT THEN, MAYBE YOU ARE THE GOVERNMENT IN ONE FORM OR ANOTHER.... YOUR SITE CERTAINLY SOUNDS LIKE AN ONGOING COMMERCIAL.

Den

+1
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:32 pm

OkyDoky wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:

Den

+1
Yeah, that guy's a nutjob... there's no microphone in your cpaps!
I know! i've taken them apart!

microphones... sheesh.... it's a captured fairy with a notepad, writing down everything it hears!!!!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:00 pm

palerider wrote:Yeah, that guy's a nutjob... there's no microphone in your cpaps!

microphones... sheesh.... it's a captured fairy with a notepad, writing down everything it hears!!!!
Yep. I've taken some apart, too. Nobody in there saying "Can you hear me now?"

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Stupidity kills; unfortunately it often waits until the subjects reproduce.

cnaumann

Post by cnaumann » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Isn't the snore sensor a microphone?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:41 pm

palerider wrote:
OkyDoky wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:

Den

+1
Yeah, that guy's a nutjob... there's no microphone in your cpaps!

Everyone knows the government only puts the microphones in clocks and lights. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:48 pm

cnaumann wrote:Isn't the snore sensor a microphone?
what "snore sensor"?

the answer isn't yes, and technically, it can't be "no"

it's like asking me if my Ferrari is red...

(in other worse, there is no snore 'sensor', snores are detected by analyzing air flow changes detected by the *flow* sensor.

Last edited by palerider on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:11 am

Goofproof wrote:Everyone knows the government only puts the microphones in clocks and lights. Jim
And your "smart" TV (among other things, IF you have them).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... vices.html

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/samsung-smart-tv-spying/

Den

User since 05/14/05

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:21 am

palerider wrote:
what "snore sensor"?

From Wikipedia:
"A microphone, colloquially mic or mike is an acoustic-to-electric transducer or sensor that converts sound in air into an electrical signal."

??????

My Ford F250 is green and my Suburban is burgundy.

Den

User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:34 am

Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:
what "snore sensor"?
From Wikipedia:
"A microphone, colloquially mic or mike is an acoustic-to-electric transducer or sensor that converts sound in air into an electrical signal."
thank you?

From Wikipedia:
"Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound, due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping."

I can pull up semi random definitions from wikipedia too... what of it?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:18 am

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:
what "snore sensor"?
From Wikipedia:
thank you?

From Wikipedia:
"Snoring is the vibration of respiratory structures and the resulting sound, due to obstructed air movement during breathing while sleeping."

I can pull up semi random definitions from wikipedia too... what of it?
I looked again, but my XPAP doesn't have a TWO WAY microphone inside it. Just so I won't miss anything I hooked up me Astatic D-104 Eagle so I wouldn't miss anything, I can even hear a mouse chewing bubble gum in the kitchen.

I have six very good mikes here, but I've never had a two way one, I do have two way radios ten and 11 meters. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:25 am

Goofproof wrote:I looked again, but my XPAP doesn't have a TWO WAY microphone inside it. Just so I won't miss anything I hooked up me Astatic D-104 Eagle so I wouldn't miss anything, I can even hear a mouse chewing bubble gum in the kitchen.

I have six very good mikes here, but I've never had a two way one, I do have two way radios ten and 11 meters. Jim
time to up your inventory!
http://www.grainger.com/product/MOTOROL ... 1?$smthumb$

you've probably seen them clipped to cops epaulets, when they're talking into their shoulders... that's probably what the crazy person was saying is in the cpaps...

novatom

Re:

Post by novatom » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:52 am

chrisp wrote: Any sleep aids or muscle relaxers or alcohol will cause untreated sleep apnea to become worse. Not what you are looking for I believe.
Really? Because during my sleep test and titration the clinic allowed me to take my prescription sleeping pill (30 mg Tamazepam). In fact, before my sleep test the clinic dr. recommended that I take it so I would be able to sleep. I guess the titration was OK because the SA was being treated at that point.

This is the first time I've ever heard this.

49er

Re: Re:

Post by 49er » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:10 am

novatom wrote:
chrisp wrote: Any sleep aids or muscle relaxers or alcohol will cause untreated sleep apnea to become worse. Not what you are looking for I believe.
Really? Because during my sleep test and titration the clinic allowed me to take my prescription sleeping pill (30 mg Tamazepam). In fact, before my sleep test the clinic dr. recommended that I take it so I would be able to sleep. I guess the titration was OK because the SA was being treated at that point.

This is the first time I've ever heard this.
Interesting Novatom. Sleep doc did not want me to take Temazepam without being on the machine because of this concern. As a result, I took Ambien for the sleep study which she approved taking without anything and only slept a bleeping 2.5 hours.

For the titration, took the Temazepam and slept nearly 6 hours. Unfortunately, it makes me so groggy in the morning, I have to drink more than the usual amount of caffeine which kind of defeats the purpose. Anyway, I only take it on a PRN basis which is a whole other post.