Do I have this right?- RE: camping

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tash

Do I have this right?- RE: camping

Post by Tash » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi all! Hope all is well, I have been doing great and continue to see improvements in most areas of my life since starting APAP in December - I attribute my success to this forum! I haven't reached "zest" yet, but well on my way.

Anyhow, I have been reading the camping links/posts and want to make sure I have the info right for my machine.

Remstar Auto w. C/flex, integrated heated humidifier: to go camping, I would need

1) a deep cycle, sealed gel or AGM 12 v battery
2) an acceessory cord with an "M" connector

and no invertor is needed. I would only use the hh as passorver.

Is that correct? If so, where do I get the accessory cord with an "M" connector?

Thanks!

Sleep Well,
Tash

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:54 pm

A heavy Deep Cycle battery, should last 3 nights at least, You can order the cord from cpap.com, and you will also need a charger ti recharge the battery. They also make a battery box to house the deep charge in, it keeps things neater and cleaner. Jim

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com

Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Tash

Post by Tash » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:04 pm

Goofproof,
Thanks for the speedy response! I will get it ordered today. Apparently, my hubby says that we will recharge the battery (it's on our camper) with our generator which (ok, now I am typing about things I don't undertand from here on out..) recharges off the invertor whenever we use our generator (during the day).

Hope all is well for you.
Thanks again!

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:42 pm

My wife and I went camping with our motor home we have two Trojan t105 batteries in it for coach power they are run together to get 12v. and they are 220ah rating they last 4 days running all of the lights and the TV and a couple of radios and my cpap machine with out recharging.

Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
I need more Coffee&Old Bushmills!
"Without Truckdrivers America Stops!"
I'm not always wrong,but I'm not always right!
"Semper Fi"

Sleepy-eyes

Post by Sleepy-eyes » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:35 pm

Tash,

Be sure and read the instructions that came with your unit. They clearly say "do not use humidifier when on a battery." Other than that you are okay to go. Just keep that battery charged up so you don't damage it.

Chris

I'm not a Doctor, nor am I associated with the medical profession in any way. Any comments I make are just personal opinions. Take them or leave them. (justa don't gripe at me if ya donna like 'em!)

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:44 pm

I have yet to have to use my humidifier. I got it thru my DME (APRIA) when I was still renting my cpap. I askee my doctor and my RT and they both said try the cpap with out the humidifier. If I needed to use it I would know. i have yet to even open the box it came in.

So i know what you mean .
Tash,

Be sure and read the instructions that came with your unit. They clearly say "do not use humidifier when on a battery." Other than that you are okay to go. Just keep that battery charged up so you don't damage it.
Don't Bend or Squash, My Aluminum Hat,it keeps them from knowing what I am thinking!
"Semper Fi"

linda b

Post by linda b » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:36 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you could use the humidifier as a passover when operating on a battery or inverter. It was my understanding that you could NOT turn on the heat, though.

Linda B.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:04 pm

linda b wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you could use the humidifier as a passover when operating on a battery or inverter. It was my understanding that you could NOT turn on the heat, though.
You are correct you can use it as passover, It does a fair amount of good, I use mine as passover 99% of the time. Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

clarenceh9

Post by clarenceh9 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:21 am

Would this work from QVC "XPower Plus Powerpack/Compressor 200W Inverter & Jumpstarter" item # V22464 for QVC Price $72.75
Shipping and Handling $9.47

Sleepy-eyes

Post by Sleepy-eyes » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:21 am

linda b wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought you could use the humidifier as a passover when operating on a battery or inverter. It was my understanding that you could NOT turn on the heat, though.
"Not use the humidifier", "Not turn on the heat". Same thing, I'd think!

Chris

I'm not a Doctor, nor am I associated with the medical profession in any way. Any comments I make are just personal opinions. Take them or leave them. (justa don't gripe at me if ya donna like 'em!)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:39 am

Sleepy-eyes wrote:
"Not use the humidifier", "Not turn on the heat". Same thing, I'd think!
Using it as passover, you are still using it as a humidifier, you just aren't using it as Heated. If you are running on 12 volts, The HH takes A/C to operate, so you don't use the A/C. and it's off. Jim

Patrick A

Post by Patrick A » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:31 pm

clarenceh9 wrote:Would this work from QVC "XPower Plus Powerpack/Compressor 200W Inverter & Jumpstarter" item # V22464 for QVC Price $72.75
Shipping and Handling $9.47
No I tried one it needs to be the 400 watt unit or better.
"Semper Fi"