Respironics DreamWear Gel Nasal pillow mask review thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ShinRyoku

Re: Respironics DreamWear Gel Nasal pillow mask review thread

Post by ShinRyoku » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Right now the DreamWear Gel Pillows is my favorite mask. I only wish it would extend a bit further into my nostrils like the Resmed P10 does. The DreamWear Gel Pillows are sometimes nudged a bit out of my nostrils during sleep, and the leak wakes me up since I'm a very light sleeper.

The P10 stays put for me, but the hose gets in the way and wakes me even though I use a HoseBuddy for tube management. A DreamWear headset with P10 pillows and exhaust would suit me perfectly.
-Amin
Owner/editor: https://www.sleepapneagroup.com/
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 am

ShinRyoku wrote:Right now the DreamWear Gel Pillows is my favorite mask. I only wish it would extend a bit further into my nostrils like the Resmed P10 does. The DreamWear Gel Pillows are sometimes nudged a bit out of my nostrils during sleep, and the leak wakes me up since I'm a very light sleeper.

The P10 stays put for me, but the hose gets in the way and wakes me even though I use a HoseBuddy for tube management. A DreamWear headset with P10 pillows and exhaust would suit me perfectly.
I agree with the idea of making the pillows just fractionally longer for the reasons you've stated.

mw757

Post by mw757 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:24 pm

I tried the Dreamwear with gel pillows and wasn’t thrilled with it. Until they figure out how to diffuse the exhaust port, it will remain a distant third behind my P10 and Brevida.

SusanWink

Post by SusanWink » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:11 pm

SusanWink wrote:my AHI is sometimes close to 5.
How about you use available software and see exactly what is going on with that AHI?
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

There are several possible reasons for the higher numbers now and let's see if we can figure out for sure what is going on and then decide best road to take to resolve any issues you might be having.
How new are you to therapy?
Are you sleeping soundly or is your sleep fragmented by a lot of wake ups?
Let's see what that AHI is composed of to see if it's a pressure thing or something else. You need to use the software to see what that AHI of 5 is made up of.[/quote]

Hi Pugsy

Thank you for the quick reply. I have been using a Dreamstation for about 3 weeks. I seem to be sleeping more soundly than before CPAP. I do wake up sometimes, but not nearly as often as I did before.

Here's the result from one of the higher AHI dates:

Thanks for your help!

Susan

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:59 am

If that was my chart I would raise the minimum pressure by 1cm that will help to clean up the charts

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:35 am

SusanWink wrote: Thank you for the quick reply. I have been using a Dreamstation for about 3 weeks. I seem to be sleeping more soundly than before CPAP. I do wake up sometimes, but not nearly as often as I did before.

Here's the result from one of the higher AHI dates:
I couldn't see your AHI but if this is a rare thing then I don't know that I would worry much about the AHI for a rare random night this early in your therapy.
Now if you see this type of results more nights than not...yeah, maybe increase that minimum pressure 0.5 to 1.0 cm.

No need to redo this image but in the future if you post an image...take a look at this thread for what we like to see so we can help you the best. Also maybe start a thread of your own so your questions won't get lost in an old thread like this mask thread.
viewtopic/t158560/How-to-post-images-for-review.html
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

SusanWink

Post by SusanWink » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:36 am

Thanks y'all!