Airtouch F20

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hannibal 2

Re: Airtouch F20

Post by Hannibal 2 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:04 am

jduluoz92 wrote:I started with APAP about 3 weeks ago. Started with the AirTouch. Loved it at first. The machine was set at 4-20, so I spent the first 10 days tinkering with pressure. As I got that dialed in, I began to notice an increase in leaks. After four straight days with serious leak issues, went to the silicone cushion. Leaks disappeared.

I love the feel of the AirTouch memory foam, but it leaks entirely too much at higher pressure.
You can reduce the leaks by tightening the straps but then you lose a lot of the comfort.

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

silkyone

Post by silkyone » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:16 pm

I have been using the Airtouch F20 with the silicone cushion for about a week now. I am very pleased with it. This has been the first mask that I have used in over 10 years that actually fits my face with no leaks. My Aetna health insurance will replace them each month with my co-pay being under 8 dollars a month. I have to say that it is so worth it for me because the mask is comfortable as well.

busman

Post by busman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 am

I tried the air touch F20 after the airlift F20 mask split at the nose. My provider said that this is not uncommon. However, the new air touch with the "memory foam" leaked around my upper nose area and toward my eyes. I tried loosening it and that made it worse. I tightened it as much as possible almost to the point of discomfort. This helped at lower pressure, but once my machine built up to about 14, the mask would leak and create so much noise it woke me up. I would have to reset my machine to a lower pressure and go through the whole procedure again. I have gone back to the airlift since I had no leak issues and just hope the nose bridge does not split again. I have also tried the Amari View which I loved except the nasal openings seemed a little small and at times I felt like I was fighting "flaps" in order to breathe...

Rainmom17

Post by Rainmom17 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

Memory foam leaked a ton for me to. The silicone version works much better for me, especially with a mask liner.