one size fits nobody

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: one size fits nobody

Post by Julie » Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 pm

"Congestion from pollen or other cause requires changes in air pressure"

Really? And what medical school did you learn that from?

Stop posting junk. Stop posting what you obviously know nothing about. Maybe stop posting altogether.
Last edited by Julie on Sun May 14, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun May 14, 2017 12:36 pm

Julie wrote:Stop posting junk. Stop posting what you obviously know nothing about. Maybe stop posting altogether.
I think the best you can hope for is he/she will learn where the caps keys and punctuation keys are. Paragraph construction may be beyond his reach.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Sun May 14, 2017 2:31 pm

xxyzx wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Julie wrote:Stop posting junk. Stop posting what you obviously know nothing about. Maybe stop posting altogether.
I think the best you can hope for is he/she will learn where the caps keys and punctuation keys are. Paragraph construction may be beyond his reach.
==========

in addition to my day job
i was a professional writer[not wasting formal writing on informal web posts

it is too bad you have such low self esteem that yuo need to take every chance to sling insults at people who are better and smarter than you are

Thanks for the best laugh of the day... you sir/madam are not as smart as you think you are
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun May 14, 2017 3:40 pm

xxyzx wrote:
nanwilson wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:
==========

in addition to my day job
i was a professional writer[not wasting formal writing on informal web posts

it is too bad you have such low self esteem that yuo need to take every chance to sling insults at people who are better and smarter than you are
Thanks for the best laugh of the day... you sir/madam are not as smart as you think you are
========================

you are easily amused but we already know your reptile sized brain does not have room to consider facts so keep laughing at yourself.

i can guarantee to a john mclaughlin metaphysical certitude that my IQ is higher than yours, my education far better than yours, and my experience more pertinent than yours assuming you ever had a job and are not still living in your parents basement
Almonds, Pecans, Pistachios...............

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Sun May 14, 2017 4:01 pm

LSAT wrote:.. Almonds, Pecans, Pistachios...............
For this show, I prefer popcorn.

Suenyo

Post by Suenyo » Sun May 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Hey xxx,

You have made it abundantly clear that you think you are better than anyone else here. What do you think that will get you?
Life is a dream…if I'm wearing my Resmed AirTouch F20 cushion and my Autosense 10 Autoset isn't being hijacked by some dung-eating state security troll.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun May 14, 2017 7:30 pm

Well that's certainly mature.

49er

Post by 49er » Mon May 15, 2017 6:08 am

Just my personal experience.

Right now, my pressure settings are 14.2/9.8. for my VPAP-S. In the past, when my nasal congestion was really bad and I couldn't find anything to resolve it, I found raising the pressure slightly helped.

Be nice folks as I am not making any scientific claims but wanted to mention why I could understand the statement that congestion might require a chance in pressure. Of course, I don't agree with the OP making outright general claims and assuming they apply to everyone.

Thanks!

49er

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 15, 2017 6:36 am

I, for one, got enough sleep.
"Somebody" needs to go back to bed.
Use your cpap.

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon May 15, 2017 6:59 am

xxyzx wrote:we are all different
Some of us more than others.
xxyzx wrote:our bodies change all the time
As do our brains when we choose to learn.
xxyzx wrote:congestion from pollen or other cause requires changes in air pressure
I do raise my minimum pressure during allergy seasons and UPIs, myself.
xxyzx wrote:other changes we have constantly mean that one size fits nobody
Some do best on straight CPAP, since some find their nervous system can't get used to variations in pressure.
xxyzx wrote:why are not auto adjusting machines the default norm?
Not all sleep docs are on-board with APAP because of problems certain of their patients have had with it.
xxyzx wrote:is it strictly for cost reasons
Applied science without cost consideration quickly deteriorates to irrelevant theory.
xxyzx wrote:that so many are forced to use an inferior but 'good enough' solution
instead of giving them the best sleep possible
A better argument, in my opinion, is that having APAP available on every machine allows patient-involvement and makes options available to clinicians that, in the long run, pay for the perceived, very slight increase in costs involved in selling APAP. And it could be argued that it actually costs more to keep making machines that aren't APAPs, since making one type of machine is more economical on an assembly line than making two types. Economic arguments tend to grow legs faster than patient-preference arguments in the US these days, I believe.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 15, 2017 7:43 am

Mathematics is an odd discipline.
Hated and despised by young and old, its immutable laws continue to enable all things to work;
and it is the basis for nearly every life-changing decision on this sad little rock.
For a lighter look at math, I refer you to a couple songs by Tom Lehrer:
"That's Mathematics", and "Lobachevsky"
Edit: I am pleased to observe that Mr Lehrer is still breathing--at the ripe age of 89!

hmeworker

Post by hmeworker » Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

Here is why you aren't going to get an auto unless medically necessary.

My HME pays $380 for an Airsense 10 Autoset with Climate Control Tubing vs $268 for an Airsense 10 CPAP with Climate Control Tubing.

In my state, Medicare will pay me $444 for that equipment. So I must choose between a 17% or 67% markup margin. A 17% markup margin does not cover my other costs to operate this business. Don't blame the HME companies for only trying to survive. The current market patients are in is to be blamed on CMS and the Competitive Bidding Program. Nearly 65% of DME companies have had to close their doors in the last couple of years due to insurance companies reducing their payment amounts to less than 40% of what it used to be.

DTXBrian

Post by DTXBrian » Wed May 17, 2017 8:55 am

xxyzx wrote:
Julie wrote:"Congestion from pollen or other cause requires changes in air pressure"

Really? And what medical school did you learn that from?

Stop posting junk. Stop posting what you obviously know nothing about. Maybe stop posting altogether.
================

engineering school
fluid dynamics

air is a fluid
too bad your tiny little mind needs to sling insults to help it cope with reality

and when both sides of my nose are congested no amount of pressure can push air through it
Pressure drop through a partial obstruction is directly related to the volume of flow. That's why, when you barely turn the water hose on, just a trickle, and you cap the end, given a little bit of time (and really not all that long) the pressure inside the hose is equivalent to the pressure in the supply lines.

When you stop breathing due to a complete obstruction, as in Obstructive Sleep Apnea, the pressure at the obstruction will be just as high if you're congested (assuming it's not totally blocked by congestion) as if you're not at all congested. Difference is, as soon as you start breathing, the pressure will drop a bit more than if you're not congested. But, by that point, your airway has been opened.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed May 17, 2017 9:08 am

You're right, but I guess it was the pollen thing that got me... he just posts so many iffy things that sometimes I lose track of what's what.

DTXBrian

Post by DTXBrian » Wed May 17, 2017 9:24 am

Julie wrote:You're right, but I guess it was the pollen thing that got me... he just posts so many iffy things that sometimes I lose track of what's what.
I was agreeing with you. I was pointing out his faulty logic.