I saw the Air Mini this week and it looks amazing!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robo2084

I saw the Air Mini this week and it looks amazing!

Post by robo2084 » Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 am

I had a meeting with Resmed management in Sydney this week and they brought in an Air Mini. A few comments:

1- overall look and feel is wonderful
2- power cord- it is compact but it does have a small block on it. I will post a photo shirtly. The power cord probably weighs a few ounces.
3- noise- I had them plug it in and I was VERY impressed by how quiet it was. Much quieter than the HDM Z1. Not quite as quiet as an Airsense 10- but still very very quiet.
4- you MUST use the proprietary Resmed mask with this unit. It DOES NOT work with competitor masks
5- price- they would not comment
6- has altitude adjustment for use on planes
7- I will buy

Will post photos when I can

Cardsfan

Re: I saw the Air Mini this week and it looks amazing!

Post by Cardsfan » Fri May 05, 2017 8:06 am

Battery pack for use on airplane????? How big, how much $, when is it available?
Exactly what data info does it display? Does it show CA events as a separate catagory like the Airsense 10 does? Or does it give give AHI with no breakdown of type of events?

robo2084

Post by robo2084 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:19 am

Sadly I do not have answers. I didn't ask about battery pack. The machine doesn't even have a display, suggesting an app is needed to control it, but I didn't ask about data. Resmed is not pitching it as a primary machine, so it is possible that it gives less data.

robo2084

Post by robo2084 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:21 am

Also as I said they wouldn't tell me the price but they did say that they had begun to take preorders from distributors. They didn't say when they would deliver those preorders.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri May 05, 2017 8:47 am

Thanks for the info. Pleasee keep us informed.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri May 05, 2017 1:44 pm

robo2084 wrote:I had a meeting with Resmed management in Sydney this week and they brought in an Air Mini. A few comments:

2- power cord- it is compact but it does have a small block on it. I will post a photo shirtly. The power cord probably weighs a few ounces.
3- noise- I had them plug it in and I was VERY impressed by how quiet it was. Much quieter than the HDM Z1. Not quite as quiet as an Airsense 10- but still very very quiet.
4- you MUST use the proprietary Resmed mask with this unit. It DOES NOT work with competitor masks
7- I will buy

Number 6: Airplanes have ALT adjustment on them too, as long as your seat is inside the airplane, and they haven't dragged you out to the wing. Give Resmed PR Dept extra points for adding that for planes! Jim

Will it pressurize the plane if it has a hole in the side, if so all planes should have one installed.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

KenM

Post by KenM » Fri May 05, 2017 2:17 pm

Planes do have holes in them,
in the windows of all places

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri May 05, 2017 6:05 pm

KenM wrote:Planes do have holes in them,
But, they use very good screens, to keep the Fly's from getting out, or the plane won't fly! Jim

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 05, 2017 7:41 pm

KenM wrote:Planes do have holes in them,
only on the inside, there are multiple layers, the outside panes don't have the vent hole.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/airline ... ne-windows

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jim22

Post by jim22 » Fri May 05, 2017 9:29 pm

I don't know if pressure setting changes are typically required for different altitudes, like sea level vs. being up on a mountain for example. I suspect not since the machine actually tries to create a difference in pressure between inside the mask vs. outside the mask. But flying actually does change the ambient pressure in the cabin quite radically during a flight. At takeoff, pressure is highest in the cabin, the same as being on the ground outside the airplane. During a typical flight, the pressure reduces to about the equivalent of being 6000 to 8000 feet up a mountain. My guess is the blower has to adjust a bit, but i suspect not more than an APAP adjusting to a different setting.

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri May 05, 2017 9:32 pm

Since Resmed's tiny cpap will be shamefully overpriced,
infrequent travelers may just wait for the third world knock-off.
Coming soon.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Fri May 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Goofproof wrote: as long as your seat is inside the airplane, and they haven't dragged you out to the wing.
But they normally do that before take off

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat May 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:
Goofproof wrote: as long as your seat is inside the airplane, and they haven't dragged you out to the wing.
But they normally do that before take off
Depends on your ticket, First Class, Business Class, Economy, and then there's my favorite, No Class! No Class aren't taken to the wing, they are thrown out the door and have to grab the wing as they go by it! No inflight upgrades!

I don't trust flying, last long air plane trip I took, they dumped me in Viet Nam with no passport, one way! I think they used ammo tape to cover the bullet holes in the 707. Jim

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Sun May 07, 2017 2:06 am

robo2084 wrote:I had a meeting with Resmed management in Sydney this week and they brought in an Air Mini. A few comments:

7- I will buy

Really? Are they saying that one mask and only one mask will fit this unit?

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun May 07, 2017 6:36 am

It is supposed to work with 3 masks. All Resmed, 1 nasal, 1 full face, and one 1pillow type. I believe when you order the machine, it comes with your mask of choice.