Supply order -venting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
prodigyplace

Re: Supply order -venting

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:59 am

Just to contrast this, I received confirmation today of my mask return & refund from cpap.com

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

KenM

Post by KenM » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am

Seems the norm for Apria.

I have NO idea how or why they are still in business.

10 weeks of FIGHTING to get my machine.
trying to switch masks, told I received my machine in error so I will not get the new mask.
order for my mask disappears
30 minutes later the mask order "magically" reappears and they now have ALL of the information and bull**** that I went thru earlier with the machine.

I would rather have your pain

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:41 pm

Sorry you are having so much trouble, KenM! This is my first major snafu with them in 8 years. A couple of years ago they went on this weird tangent where everytime I ordered supplies they had to contact my insurance company to see if I was still "certified". But I guess they got tired of that. I hope it all works out for you. I hope it all works out for me, too. We shall see.

knothead

Post by knothead » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 am

Tuzacat when you get tired of playing with Apria try this guy. I ordered my F20 mask from him, new in package with headgear for 80.00. He is a small business owner that sells on CraigsList. I think located around Greenville, South Carolina.
1-864-438-6940.....name is Craig. He has an F10 now for 60.00 new in package.

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:32 pm

Hey, thanks for the info Knothead! Yes, this has been aggravating but I spent about twenty dollars for a heated hose, 2 kinds of filters, a chinstrap, an Amara View cushion, and the mask and frame. Since health insurance is so expensive I feel I should use it. Every once in a while I order something online if I'm at a point where I can't stand it anymore. I'm waiting to see if the F20 actually shows up on my doorstep and then I'll have to decide if I want to wait a month for the headgear or order it online.

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:01 pm

Well, I might be checking out some alternatives after all, Knothead. I got a voicemail from Apria today to discuss my order. Unfortunately, when I called back I got Stacy's voicemail in return. However, I called again and asked if I had to wait for Stacy to call me back. She said I would need to talk to Stacy but that when I changed masks I had to get a new prescription. I said I had been doing business with them for eight years and have had a number of different masks and never needed a new prescription since mine reads " patient;s choice". Guess I'm getting stonewalled! I have to laugh - why don't they just be honest and say they don't want to eat the order. I will call my doctor next week and have them fax a new prescription which will read "patient's choice". Any other Apria clients have to get a new prescription to change masks when yours reads "patients's choice" ? I'm tempted to call my insurance company and tell them Apria is refusing to honor my prescription. Really, since I did open the package before I realized they had sent me the wrong one I can understand that they would want me to take responsibility for that. What I can't stand is the lying and the BS runaround. Guess you all knew this was going to be a saga. Thanks for letting me vent! Nobody I know personally is on cpap so this would be difficult for them to relate to.