Whistling sound

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Tahera11979

Re: Whistling sound

Post by Tahera11979 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:12 pm

We have the same issue and what worked what removing the filter, but clearly that is not a long term solution. We will bring back the machine to the dealer to see what they can do. last time we went they told us there is no sound so this time I recorded it for proof.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Does it sound like this? And this only sounded on inhale.

http://tinyurl.com/nr6mlyt

I had that sound from my Resmed Airsense and tracked it down to the humidifier tank seal. I kept opening the tank and trying to push the seal in tight but ended up having to buy a whole new tank since the seal is not sold separately.
Now I'm starting to get the same problem and have to buy a new tank again

CarpeNoctum

Post by CarpeNoctum » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:09 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote:Does it sound like this? And this only sounded on inhale.

I had that sound from my Resmed Airsense and tracked it down to the humidifier tank seal. I kept opening the tank and trying to push the seal in tight but ended up having to buy a whole new tank since the seal is not sold separately.
Bob,
Earlier in this thread I described a very similar condition with my older Respironics machine. Seal wasn't sealing so I used a little teflon tape and voila...no more whistling.
CN

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 pm

CarpeNoctum wrote:
Uncle_Bob wrote:Does it sound like this? And this only sounded on inhale.

Bob,
Earlier in this thread I described a very similar condition with my older Respironics machine. Seal wasn't sealing so I used a little teflon tape and voila...no more whistling.
CN
CN, although I'm a big fan of fixing stuff with tape whenever I can I don't think we are talking about the same issue, my issue was with the silicon seal between the tank lid and the base on the Airsense, this was not an issue between the humidifier and machine for me. I would not want any tape inside my humidifier chamber.

Lets hope the OP can register here, list his equipment and provide more details.

CarpeNoctum

Post by CarpeNoctum » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:50 am

Bob,
I totally agree...but you described the whistling at the joint between humidifier chamber and machine...just seems like there's something to be done other then buying a new chamber every time that happens.
CN

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 pm

CarpeNoctum wrote:but you described the whistling at the joint between humidifier chamber and machine
No I didn't not, I never mentioned anything about a joint between the machine and humidifier.
Uncle_Bob wrote:I tracked it down to the humidifier tank seal.quote]

i.e. the seal between the chamber lid and the chamber base, no mention of a machine. I also stated I was talking about a Resmed machine where the humidifier chamber slots into the machine so I doubt you could get in there with any kind of tape to fix the seal between the machine and humidifier in the first place.

Hopefully someone with a Dreamstation machine will chime in soon.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:14 pm

CarpeNoctum wrote:but you described the whistling at the joint between humidifier chamber and machine
No I didn't not, I never mentioned anything about a joint between the machine and humidifier.
Uncle_Bob wrote:I tracked it down to the humidifier tank seal.
i.e. the seal between the chamber lid and the chamber base, no mention of a machine connection wise. I also stated I was talking about a Resmed machine where the humidifier chamber slots into the machine so I doubt you could get in there with any kind of tape to fix the seal between the machine and humidifier in the first place.

Hopefully someone with a Dreamstation machine will chime in soon. It looks like the humidifier tank may have an internal seal with the chamber.