Feeling a Bit Discouraged

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Feeling a Bit Discouraged

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 am

Paper_Nanny wrote:I think this is formatted how you wanted it, palerider. If not, let me know and I will fix it. I included a few different kinds of nights here. Let me know what else would be helpful to put up.
thank you. that's what I was looking for, the same view but of the different conditions, before you had different views for each different day, and it was hard to compare.

I don't have time right now to dig into it, but I'll look at it after I get back from Dialysis, and it may give Pugsy more to go on also.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:24 am

Pugsy wrote:The other ideas I have involve changing the pressure parameters....are you willing to do that yourself?
Am I going to be able to do that if he changed the settings on the card so I no longer have access to the provider mode on the machine? It seems like I would need to be able to change something on the card to allow myself access to the provider mode. But it is quite possible I am missing something.

PR System One BiPAP Auto SV Advanced

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:54 am

The SD Card may have been programmed to make the changes to turn off your being able to view the AHI....it can be done using the Encore software but it may only do it once or it might simply keep turning it off each time the SD card gets inserted.

To try to figure it out.
Remove the SD card first...leave it out of the machine for a little bit.
First just go into the clinical setup area and make the change to "Show AHI" so that the contents of the data available will show up on the LCD screen.
Instructions are included in the manual that I suggested you get for how to get to that setup menu area.
Make the change..to turn on the viewing on the LCD screen.
Then go look to see if you can see the data available.

Once you see it put the SD card back in the machine and then go see if the LCD screen data is still available.
If it is turned off again then the SD card contains software instructions that is overriding your manual changes.
We can fix that easily...get a different SD card and use it or just erase that SD card. The machine stores most of the data on its internal memory anyway so won't really lose much if you erase the card.

If they programmed the SD card to keep you locked out of the LCD data...they also probably programmed the pressures and other settings so you can't make any changes in anything else.
If that happens we have to decide if you want to erase that SD card or just use another one.

For now the only change I would suggest trying is turn off BiFlex and see what happens.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:For now the only change I would suggest trying is turn off BiFlex and see what happens.
Thanks for the reminder. I went in and tried to change that the other night, after you had suggested it in a previous post. I don't have the option to turn it off, or I am looking in the wrong place. When I go to the Bi-Flex on the screen, I have the option of setting it it 1, 2, or 3. No off.

I am completely locked out of anything that will allow me to make changes on the machine. I did read in the Provider Manual about how they can set it that way through Encore. I would prefer to use a different SD card rather than mess around with the one that has all the data on it.

I called the doctor's office yesterday to see if he had a chance to review the data from when I dropped the card off on Monday. He hadn't and is out of the office today.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Paper_Nanny wrote: I did read in the Provider Manual about how they can set it that way through Encore. I would prefer to use a different SD card rather than mess around with the one that has all the data on it.
where did you read that? the only mention I see of 'encore' in the manual I have refers to setting reminder messages.

regardless, even if there were a way to lock the machine via the sd card through encore... all you'd have to do is load encore on your pc and unlock it... though I've never seen any kind of lock function in the times I've messed with encore.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm

Paper_Nanny wrote:I think this is formatted how you wanted it, palerider. If not, let me know and I will fix it. I included a few different kinds of nights here. Let me know what else would be helpful to put up.
thank you. that's what I was looking for, the same view but of the different conditions, before you had different views for each different day, and it was hard to compare.

the only thing I'm getting from those, unfortunately, is that the machine is set up very strangely for an ASV, it needs more ipap range to be able to effectively take care of the centrals, and the hypopneas.

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 pm

palerider wrote:where did you read that? the only mention I see of 'encore' in the manual I have refers to setting reminder messages.
It would have been more accurate for me to have said I misread that in the manual. It isn't in there.
regardless, even if there were a way to lock the machine via the sd card through encore... all you'd have to do is load encore on your pc and unlock it... though I've never seen any kind of lock function in the times I've messed with encore.
I was able to get into the provider mode, I took my card in, now I can't get in provider mode. I don't know what happened or how it happened. It is making me a little bit batty, not knowing how it happened.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 pm

Paper_Nanny wrote:I was able to get into the provider mode, I took my card in, now I can't get in provider mode.
it's a little tricky on the respironics machines, I suggest looking at the manual, and going step by step... I'm sure you'll get it

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:53 pm

palerider wrote:it's a little tricky on the respironics machines, I suggest looking at the manual, and going step by step... I'm sure you'll get it
It IS being completely tricky and I don't know why!!

Just to be sure-- I am pressing button #1. While holding button #1 down, I am pressing button #2. And nothing happens. If this is operator error, please tell me. That would be such an easy and straight forward fix!!

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:00 am

palerider wrote:regardless, even if there were a way to lock the machine via the sd card through encore... all you'd have to do is load encore on your pc and unlock it
I can't figure out how to load Encore. It isn't letting me select "Typical" installation and of course there is no database server for Advanced set up.

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone or something. I am so tired and mentally foggy and really having trouble sorting out what's what.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:03 am

Paper_Nanny wrote:
palerider wrote:it's a little tricky on the respironics machines, I suggest looking at the manual, and going step by step... I'm sure you'll get it
It IS being completely tricky and I don't know why!!

Just to be sure-- I am pressing button #1. While holding button #1 down, I am pressing button #2. And nothing happens. If this is operator error, please tell me. That would be such an easy and straight forward fix!!
yup, that's it. like it says in the manual, turn the knob till it says "setup", then press the knob and the ramp button (2, the triangle) till the menu changes, then turn to setup again, and the rest of the operation is turning and pressing the knob.

button 1 isn't part of the operation. page one of the provider manual.

hope that helps.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:04 am

Paper_Nanny wrote:
palerider wrote:regardless, even if there were a way to lock the machine via the sd card through encore... all you'd have to do is load encore on your pc and unlock it
I can't figure out how to load Encore. It isn't letting me select "Typical" installation and of course there is no database server for Advanced set up.

I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone or something. I am so tired and mentally foggy and really having trouble sorting out what's what.
welll, encore is a huge pain, now that I think we've figured out how to get you into the regular menus, you shouldn't need it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:19 am

I have Encore Pro...nothing in it that can lock out anyone from the machine itself. I think that PR has nailed it....you were using the wrong button as part of the secret steps to get to the clinical setup menu.

There are ways of making changes to the various settings using the software and the SD card and make the changes inherent in the SD card contents so that anytime a manual change is made and the SD card is in place the manual change won't hold..
So depending on what they did in Encore any change may or may not stick.

I think the reason BiFlex is only showing 1, 2 or 3 and not Off is because in the setup menu it is turned on.
I am pretty sure that on the 960 machine I had that in the clinical menu BiFlex could be turned off...and there is a setting to allow the patient to change it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:26 am

Pugsy wrote:There are ways of making changes to the various settings using the software and the SD card and make the changes inherent in the SD card contents so that anytime a manual change is made and the SD card is in place the manual change won't hold..
I could be wrong, and please tell me if I am, but I believe that when you make changes via software/sd card, (I'm sure about this with resmeds, because I experimented with it long ago) files get written to the card, just regular files, (might be just one file, I forget that detail) but as soon as you pop the card into the machine, it reads and erases the file as the settings are applied. so while you can change the settings with the card, it doesn't keep you from changing those settings with the provider menu even if the card is in the machine.

so once she's into the provider menu, she should be able to do whatever she wants, whether the sd card is in or not. (as far as I know)

Paper_Nanny

Post by Paper_Nanny » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:24 am

palerider wrote:yup, that's it. like it says in the manual...
The provider manual I have is not for my actual machine. I can't remember why the RT at the DME gave me that manual instead of the one for my actual machine, but that's how it is. As far as I remember, everything else in the manual is the same, but for accessing provider mode, it says "simultaneously press the Right User button and the Silence button, and hold for at least 2 seconds." The machine that is pictured looks a little different than mine and has no knob. I was pressing the silence button and the button on the right.
page one of the provider manual.
It was page 6-1 in mine.
hope that helps.
It did, thank you! And thank you and Pugsy for putting up with that moment of paranoia and resulting problems there! I was so disturbed by the doctor turning off the AHI/ periodic breathing/ mask leak information. That was adding to my difficulty in thinking clearly. I did make a note in my manual on the correct buttons to push, so if I forget again I won't be led astray by directions that don't cross over to my machine.

I think the fact that I was so sure they had locked me out of my machine speaks to how little trust I have in that doctor and how little trust I think he has in me. That is not a good patient/ doctor relationship.