Amara View update along with some major issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: Amara View update along with some major issues

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:47 pm

I have gone through at least 12 different masks in the search for the "perfect" mask. I thought the Amara View was it, and used that mask for over a year. Now that the new F20 mask is out, I have switched to it and like it better than then Amara View. When something new comes out, I will probably try that, too.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:48 am

Okie bipap wrote:I have gone through at least 12 different masks in the search for the "perfect" mask. I thought the Amara View was it, and used that mask for over a year. Now that the new F20 mask is out, I have switched to it and like it better than then Amara View. When something new comes out, I will probably try that, too.
I hope I like the F20 as much as you do when it arrives. Should be here on Monday. It looks similar to my old Quattro FX in style and that type of mask seals well for me. Here's hoping the F20 doesn't cause all those terrible face indentations I was getting with the Quattro.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:18 pm

When you get your F20 can you please post some information about the width of these three masks and how they compare: F20, Mirage FX and Amara View. I'm hoping one of these will replace my F10 which is a little too narrow at the mouth.

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Rob K wrote:When you get your F20 can you please post some information about the width of these three masks and how they compare: F20, Mirage FX and Amara View. I'm hoping one of these will replace my F10 which is a little too narrow at the mouth.
I don't have the Mirage FX, I have the Quattro FX. Happy to post once I get the F20.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 pm

I tried over 20 masks in the space of 7 years, and gave up on ever using a full face mask full time.
I used a comfortgel full face on and off for several months, and finally have the F20, which comes after
I am completely used to wearing nasal pillows--so this one is a backup for extreme congestion or severe nose damage.
Had it been made 7 years ago, it may have been different. Now, my P10 is my go-to.

Rob K

Post by Rob K » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:59 pm

NadiaK wrote:
Rob K wrote:When you get your F20 can you please post some information about the width of these three masks and how they compare: F20, Mirage FX and Amara View. I'm hoping one of these will replace my F10 which is a little too narrow at the mouth.
I don't have the Mirage FX, I have the Quattro FX. Happy to post once I get the F20.

That's what I meant, width comparison for F20 vs Quatro FX vs Amara View.