Jimmy's CPAP experience. (Formerly my HELP! thread)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Is my mask and Auto-Trial reading me accurately? HELP!

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:03 am

Jimmycrackhorn wrote:So. Apparently no thoughts on my readings.. ?
To be honest...they were such a jumbled up mess that I couldn't easily see what I normally need to see to form an opinion so that's why I didn't say anything.

Hide the calendar so the statistics will show up on the left side. Turn off the pie chart (Preferences/Appearance tab).
Only include these graphs on the right side
Events
Flow rate
Pressure
Leak

If we want anything else we will ask.
Examples here in this thread
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html

Pick a night with the most consistent usage and not broken up with a gazillion breaks in therapy...impossible to evaluate anything with so many blank spots.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

robysue

Post by robysue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 am

Jimmycrackhorn wrote:PLEASE someone help me understand these, especially whether or not the auto-trial is not as accurate as a regular Auto-Pap and might be giving me faulty readings.
As pugsy said, the way you have presented the data makes it more difficult for us to look at rather than easier. We really only need to see the following graphs:
  • The event chart
  • The flow rate graph
  • The leak graph
  • The pressure graph
Everything else just gets in the way most of the time and if we need it, we'll let you know.

That said, here's my impression of the data you posted:

1) You don't seem to be using the machine all night long. There are big gaps. Now if I recall, you've got some insomina-type sleep issues going on and/or some weird sleep patterns going on. But even so, there are 20-120 minute gaps where the machine appears to be turned off, but it's not clear that you are out of bed doing something. Can you clarify what your usage pattern and your sleep pattern actually look like?

2) The big black bars on the event chart and the corresponding gray bars in the flow rate graph indicate that the blower is ON, but the machine cannot detect any breathing. Two important things can cause this:

(1) Large leaks. But in your case, official large leaks are not being scored. However, sometimes the machine can loose track of your breathing when the leak rate is large, but not quite large enough to be scored as a large leak. But you didn't give us a clear view of what your leak line looks like.

(2) The blower is on, but the mask is not close enough to your nose for your breathing to affect the back pressure in the machine. The machine can decide that you've just left the blower on while not using the machine after a bit, and if Auto Off is turned off, the Dreamstation is going to keep running the blower even though there's not a live human being breathing in through the mask. Which begs the question: Any chance you are taking the mask off in your sleep, but NOT turning the machine off? And can you check whether Auto OFF is set to on or off?

Now having said that, I will add that I very occasionally see a few 2-5 minute long big black bars in my own data. Most of the time they seem to be related to a much larger than normal leak that may or may not be flagged as an official large leak. But sometimes, it's not clear why the machine just lost track of my breathing. It's worth rebooting the machine by unplugging it and then plugging it back in.
Also why I might be waking up more and if that is even registering in the data or not.
Why you might be waking up more could be anything and it may or may not be related to the CPAP. Since you're still a newbie, it could just be that your brain is having a tough time learning to trust your machine. It could be that you are hyper-aware of all kinds of things you used to ignore when you were sleeping. It could be that you are still sorting out the basics of how to move around in bed in your sleep with the mask on.

Whether those wakes are registering in the data is a different question. If you turn the machine off and back on when you wake up, that will be evident in the data. If you wake up just enough to take the mask off and don't turn the machine off and Auto Off is also off, then those wakes would be present in the data in the form of long periods of "no breathing detected" flags or Large Leak flags, or both.

But if you wake up and lie in bed with the machine on and the mask on your face and you continue to breath through the mask, there shouldn't be any obvious breaks or weirdness in the data of the sort that your data shows. You might, however, have some long strings of "sleep-wake-junk" stuff with a lot of "false" events scored while you're lying there awake breathing with the machine since wake breathing is often ragged enough to fool the machine into thinking the wake breathing is bad sleep breathing.

Here's what I would suggest for a few nights:

A) Work super hard at NOT taking the mask off for any reason while you are in bed. If you wake up and the mask is NOT on your face OR if it is seriously dislodged from your face, take the time to turn the machine OFF. The refit the mask. Then turn the machine back on and try to go back to sleep.

B) If you find yourself waking up a lot in the middle of the night, try turning the machine OFF and then back ON without taking your mask off. That will let you track the number of wakes without the need to try to remember them.

C) If you find yourself lying in bed AWAKE for what seems like a very long time, you may want to turn the machine off, get out bed for a few minutes, and go back to bed and mask back up after you've had a chance to relax a bit.

D) If the data continues to look this odd AND you know you are not taking the mask off in your sleep or while only partially awake AND rebooting the machine doesn't help, then it may be time to take the machine back to the DME and have them look at your data---be sure to tell them to download the wave flow data in Encore---and see whether there might be a warranty issue.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:29 pm

ok.

Trying again from last night. I'm wondering if the rebound from the Ativan is giving me more wake ups.

I used the nasal pillows last night which I actually like because the mask is the LEAST intrusive of all that I have. No sick feeling today but I do have a really garbagy feeling, however so far that garbagy feeling is what I've felt in the past when I was coming off of bad insomnia.

I woke up a lot. Like 4 or 5 times, but each time I was able to keep calm and go back to sleep. If I proved something to myself it's that I can sleep without pills again, however I hope with time my body will readjust to just getting normal sleep. I might have taken off the mask once. But then put it back on before going to sleep. I'd like to zero in on a perfect pressure. Do you guys think I'm good at the settings I have right now, for now?

Here is the stuff you guys asked for. Thoughts???

Side notes for random people in the future.

I listened to this last night all night while I was sleeping. VERY tranquil in my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEhFynXRhA - Tibetan Healing Sounds #1 -11 hrs. Tibetan Bowls Relaxation Meditation Music Massage

Also for the past few days I started listening to this during rest periods during the day. The speaker in the meditation/visualization says it can eliminate insomnia quickly. Well, it seems to be working since I was in a battle with my mind last night to just rest without taking meds, and I won that battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YdT4Z1kVA - Yoga Nidra | Meditation for Relaxation and Deep Sleep

robysue

Post by robysue » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:20 pm

The data is easier to read now. But you forgot to include the Event Chart.
I woke up a lot. Like 4 or 5 times, but each time I was able to keep calm and go back to sleep. If I proved something to myself it's that I can sleep without pills again, however I hope with time my body will readjust to just getting normal sleep. I might have taken off the mask once. But then put it back on before going to sleep.
Congratulations on keeping calm enough to get back to sleep each time you woke up.

What was going on between between 5:45 and 7:50ish? It looks like the machine was turned off during that time. Were you sleeping without the mask? Or did you get out of bed?

There are still two periods of "breathing not detected" and the summary data says there's a bit of official Large Leaks being scored. The "breathing not detected" definitely correlates when your leaks are sky high. Both times the machine lowers the pressure to see if that will encourage reestablishing the mask seal and getting rid of the leak. The first time it does that, but only for a very few minutes. The second time, the leak problem seems to be fixed for real. Do you have any idea of what might have been going on around 2:00 when those two very large leaks that triggered the "breathing not detected" occurred?
I'd like to zero in on a perfect pressure. Do you guys think I'm good at the settings I have right now, for now?
I think you're in the "good enough, but not perfect" range as far as the pressure settings are concerned.

What I mean by that is this: You AHI on this night was 2.21, which is good enough for many people to feel really good, but not everybody feels great at that level. The problem, however, is that chasing a super low AHI can cause it's own problems. In other words, it's possible to feel better with an AHI = 2.2 and good, sound sleep (and enough good sound sleep) than it is with an AHI = 0.2 where the sleep is rotten because you're waking up multiple times chasing leaks or spending a lot of time tossing and turning with aerophagia.

IF you have NO problems with aerophagia, you might want to bump the min pressure setting up to 11cm or 12cm since that would allow the machine to prevent a few more events rather than reacting to once that get through when the pressure is at 10cm. But if increasing the min pressure by 1 or 2 cm increases your discomfort, then stick with the current pressure settings.

In other words, work on the other NON-CPAP/OSA related sleep issues. Work on reducing the number of wakes you remember and continue working on keeping the mask on whenever you are asleep.

Finally, thanks for the link for the Tibetan Healing sounds. I use a 4 or 5 hour Gregorian chant playlist on my iPod at night for similar reasons. This kind of thing really can do wonders for helping with the insomnia issues.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:53 pm

I don't know. I'm just still do scared it's not working. I'm filed with anxiety right now and I'm tired. My eyes are not as bad as were yesterday I don't think, but I'm not sure. When I just laid down to relax a bit since I've been high wired today I just felt so tired. And I'm worried the machine is not giving me the air and oxygen I need for me to recover properly so that I'll never wake up fully again.

Someone tell me I'm over-reacting.

I feel asleep so good last night and here comes another night and I just want to fall asleep easily again and be at peace. I can't be doing these drugs especially off I'm not even sure the machine is giving me the full recovery I need.

It's bad when the sleep doctor says that I am getting great readings and I just don't trust his judgement or think that maybe I'm different some how and that I'm some special case that isn't recovering and responding the same to treatment as everyone else.

I'm just so tired and I'm scared and I'm tired of being scared.

Is being on year 3 a noob??

Really need some words of encouragement right now.

I'll try 12cm tonight. I'm afraid those minor bumps are adding up such luck which is causing my overall tiredness.

So zeroing in better is HOPEFULLY going to help.

SOMETHING tells me everything is going to work out but there's still a huge fear that it won't.

And I feel like I'm on crunch time. 3 years of bad therapy is not a good thing. I'm worried about the permanent damage being done.

That hour between 5:45 and 7 whatever, ya. I woke up for a bit. Then after a relaxing shower went back to bed.

Man. Someone just give me some gd words of wisdom or encouragement so I can get through another night.

I just want so badly to come out the other side normal again.

This fight has been too long and I'm growing weary.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm

OK. Trying to chill. Tonight has been no good so far. Nerves wracked.

I took nothing last night but tonight I'm taking a 1mg Ativan.

Don't yell at me. Lol.

I don't want to take it, but I also need sleep. One day at a time. I'll try again tomorrow.

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:43 am

Jimmycrackhorn wrote:I don't know. I'm just still do scared it's not working. I'm filed with anxiety right now and I'm tired. My eyes are not as bad as were yesterday I don't think, but I'm not sure. When I just laid down to relax a bit since I've been high wired today I just felt so tired. And I'm worried the machine is not giving me the air and oxygen I need for me to recover properly so that I'll never wake up fully again.

Someone tell me I'm over-reacting.
You are over-reacting.

That said, it's not uncommon to over-react when you've been doing the CPAP thing for a long time, but you don't notice any improvement in how you feel. However I think you are dealing with some additional problems that are due to the anxiety getting the best of you.

In particular, it's very hard to get a really good night's sleep when you are anxious. And then if you add in active worrying about the CPAP machine not "giving you the air and oxygen you need", that aggravates things.

I know you've been at this for three years, but you won't start feeling genuinely rested until you are sleeping well with the mask. And what I mean by sleeping well is this: You can go to bed and put the mask on without any sense of dread. You fall asleep with the mask on within about 20 minutes of going to bed. You remember few or no wakes during the night, and if there are wakes, they're spaced out at 90+ minute intervals AND they're short and you don't have any trouble getting back to sleep. And you get enough total sleep (all WITH the mask on) every day. How much sleep? That depends. Most people need around 7-8 hours to feel rested. Some people need a bit more, and others do fine with getting 6-7 hours of sleep.
feel asleep so good last night and here comes another night and I just want to fall asleep easily again and be at peace. I can't be doing these drugs especially off I'm not even sure the machine is giving me the full recovery I need.
The more you worry about the quality of your sleep, the harder it becomes to actually get high quality sleep.

The CPAP machine is not going to "give you the full recovery" from bad sleep that you crave: The CPAP machine fixes your OSA when you use it; it does not fix bad sleep caused by things other than untreated OSA. With time, good quality sleep with the CPAP will allow your body to heal the damage that has accumulated from the years of untreated OSA. But the CPAP is not going to fix any other problems that may be causing bad sleep issues.

In particular, the CPAP is not going to magically fix long term problems with insomnia that are caused by things other than untreated OSA. It's not going to fix anxiety. It may be time to revisit the issue of whether the Ativan is properly treating anxiety issues you are dealing with. It may also be worth considering the insomnia as a separate (but equal) sleep problem from the OSA.

You need to consider what you are willing to do to treat and manage the insomnia. There are two main approaches to treating serious long term insomnia problems: Sleeping medication and cognitive behavior therapy for insomnia. They're not mutually exclusive and for some people a combined approach may work better than either medication or CBT-I alone do. But they both take time and effort. There's just no magic pill that instantly fixes the host of problems that lead long term problems with insomnia.

It's bad when the sleep doctor says that I am getting great readings and I just don't trust his judgement or think that maybe I'm different some how and that I'm some special case that isn't recovering and responding the same to treatment as everyone else.
You are an individual, not a statistic. And you are what is known in the world of statistics as an outlier. I say that as someone else who is an outlier when it comes to CPAP therapy.

The problem with being an outlier is that therapies and medical advice are geared towards what works for the most people. And when you don't respond in the expected way, the docs don't have a lot of ideas on what to do next.

But I will suggest this: At your next appointment with the sleep doc, move beyond talking about the CPAP therapy. Accept that the CPAP is doing its job since your treated AHI is in the good range, and start talking about the repeated night time wakes as its own issue. Don't "blame" the wakes on the CPAP machine, and don't try to say that the wakes are caused by "lack of oxygen" when the evidence is that the CPAP machine is doing its job of treating the OSA. Ask the doc, "What can I do to reduce the number of wakes during the night?" and the listen to advice the doc actually gives you in regards to the insomnia problem.

I'm just so tired and I'm scared and I'm tired of being scared.
"Tired" is tied to both the insomnia and the feeling of being scared all the time. You need to work on addressing both the insomnia and the fear. The CPAP can't magically fix either of those problems.

Is being on year 3 a noob??
Not really. But when you've been at something like CPAP for years and you still don't feel good, it can sure feel like you're a newbie.
I'll try 12cm tonight. I'm afraid those minor bumps are adding up such luck which is causing my overall tiredness.

So zeroing in better is HOPEFULLY going to help.
How often do you change the settings on your machine? Every few days? Every few weeks? Once in a while?

SOMETHING tells me everything is going to work out but there's still a huge fear that it won't.

And I feel like I'm on crunch time. 3 years of bad therapy is not a good thing. I'm worried about the permanent damage being done.
Even though you've been at this for three years, I think you still expect CPAP to be a magic bullet that will fix all your sleep problems.

But that is an UNREASONABLE expectation for CPAP. CPAP fixes OSA and only OSA. CPAP does not do anything to directly fix insomnia caused by things other than OSA. CPAP does not fix anxiety problems. CPAP does not fix anything other than OSA.

Your data indicates that the CPAP is doing its job in terms of preventing most of your OSA events from occurring. Your data also indicates that you are not sleeping for long periods of time between wakes. Your narratives indicate that you have real problems with sleep maintenance issues and may have problems with sleep initiation issues. Your narratives indicate that you have real problems with anxiety.

It's time to start asking yourself this question: What is causing the insomnia and the anxiety? The answer is NOT bad CPAP therapy because your CPAP is doing its job. But in spite of the OSA being treated, your body and brain are not yet getting the high quality sleep you crave. And it's going to take some digging on your part to figure out what's causing the bad sleep that continues to plague you.
That hour between 5:45 and 7 whatever, ya. I woke up for a bit. Then after a relaxing shower went back to bed.
Question: How do you feel about that wake, the shower, and you're going back to bed?

If you're angry that you woke up (yet again), resented the need to take a shower, but understand that it helped, and when back to bed full of worry and anxiety in spite of the shower, that's negative thinking that is likely making the insomnia problems worse.

On the other hand, if you woke up and decided that since you weren't likely to get back to sleep quickly, you might as well get up and take a shower, and after the shower relaxed you, you made a positive decision to go back to bed, that's positive thinking. And, in the long run, positive thinking helps a lot when it comes to dealing with insomnia issues.
Man. Someone just give me some gd words of wisdom or encouragement so I can get through another night.

I just want so badly to come out the other side normal again.

This fight has been too long and I'm growing weary.
I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but .... it sounds like you're caught in a nasty feedback loop:
  • The anxiety triggers the worries that the CPAP therapy is not working and the the worrying and anxiety makes the insomnia get worse.
  • And the insomnia leaves you feeling exhausted in the daytime, which increases the worrying about the CPAP therapy and makes the anxiety get worse.
In order to break that feedback loop, I think you need to start looking at the big picture with open eyes, rather than trying to pin all your ongoing sleep/anxiety problems on OSA/CPAP. One starting point is to ask yourself these kinds of questions:

1) What's causing the anxiety? Did it exist before your OSA diagnosis? Has it gotten worse or better since starting CPAP? What are you willing to do to properly treat the anxiety? Is the Atvian working well enough to treat the anxiety without triggering side effects that adversely affect your sleep? Should a change in medication be considered?

2) What ---other than OSA and/or CPAP--- might be causing the insomnia problems? What do your sleep habits look like? Have you tried some basic sleep hygiene techniques? Are you willing to put some effort into CBT-I, either on your own (there are a lot of self-help books out there) or with the aid of a therapist? Are you willing to consider long term use of sleeping pills if they actually work for your?

3) What do you think defines a good night's sleep? Sometimes we create more problems for ourselves by chasing an impossible standard for good night's sleep when we ought to be aiming for a more reasonable standard for good night's sleep.

4) What can you do to increase your trust in the data that says the machine is treating your OSA? If you learned to trust your machine's data, then you might find it easier so that you can learn to relax and let the machine do its job while your brain and body do their job of getting to sleep and staying asleep long enough to wake up feeling better in the morning.

5) Are there other health problems that are going on that may be exacerbating your sleep problems?

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:46 am

Jimmycrackhorn wrote:OK. Trying to chill. Tonight has been no good so far. Nerves wracked.

I took nothing last night but tonight I'm taking a 1mg Ativan.

Don't yell at me. Lol.

I don't want to take it, but I also need sleep. One day at a time. I'll try again tomorrow.
There's no reason to "apologize" for wanting to take an Ativan in an effort to get to sleep.

It sounds counter intuitive, but you may be better off taking Ativan more often instead of trying to gut it out without taking it when you need it.

Jimmycrackhorn

Re: Jimmy's CPAP experience. (Formerly my HELP! thread)

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:22 pm

You're awesome for taking the time to reply this much to me.

It's occurred to me that something else is going on. Massive diabetes. These wake ups are only recent and last night I think I only had 1. After the Ativan I had a great night sleep only waking once, feeling a little nervous but calming my mind and sleeping again.

I can send you the data if you like but it appears that I had a great night, 2.7 ahi, few wake ups and around 8 hours total. Definitely 7. I dont feel exhausted. My eyes feel strained though so I'm hitting the eye doc tomorrow.

However what I'm worried about is that maybe I am tired as hell and not getting rested properly.

I just did the hour of Yoga Nidra and I was falling asleep a little, however I'm just wondering if that is a side effect of doing that particular yoga... Technically that's it's purpose is to deeply relax you so.

My anxiety is, IMO 100% related to wanting to feel rested and know each night I'm getting proper sleep. If my sleep gets handled I'll have NO anxiety.

I love life, if there's any additional anxiety it's that I'm Ruminating on how to fix this, that I'm missing life, that something is terribly wrong and I just want it to be over and to go away.

That's it. The anxiety is BECAUSE OF my sleep issues, not aside from it. And the insomnia? Well that's also not that common. It's now there because I want to know that I'm being rested every night. Even when I was sleeping most of the time down to 1 wake up a night I read sill waking up the next day feeling tired and sick.

Well, the sickness seems to have gone away to be replaced by this ridiculous eye tiredness and strain.

Re' Ativan.

It's supposed to help with sleep. Yes? If the Doctor thought I could take Klonopin .5 then wouldn't it be safe to assume that 1mg of Ativan at night on some nights isn't going to be that bad? It's less of a half life on my body then Klonopin which tells me that I can clear it faster and get on with my day instead of having it linger in my body and keep adding up every night I take it, compounding.

I'll call him and ask.

But you seem to know a lot so you're opinion on this would be awesome.

Keep in mind, it's something I almost NEVER take. I have been sleeping without the help of pills for most of my time if CPAP.

I had like 10 Ativan that I got in 2014 and I still have 1 left from that batch. That's how little I took them. And I took about 2 of those in this last month. Lol.

So, yes. I'm open to taking it, but yes I also would like to NOT take it, but until I sort out what's going on I want to at least know I have an option for those bad nights.

I will ALWAYS try to not take them but if 11 is creeping on and I'm not relaxed then I need to do something.

However some say take it at 9 right before bed so I can get better rest on them, not wait till the last minute.

What do you think?

Insomnia- same thing. It's caused in my opinion by the eye strain and thinking something I don't know how to fix is wrong and what's causing the eye strain. I bet that if someone tells me what's happening and a solution I will calm down a lot and my insomnia will diminish.

Or I have SAD anyway (perhaps) and it's just something that happens the same time every year at season change and I just need to chill and deal with it.

Let's hope the eye doctor tomorrow has some idea wtf. I feel like I could get up now and go do stuff but these damn eyes...

You're awesome. Thanks again. I can do this. I just need to focus on solutions and demand calm from myself. And keep moving forward.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:03 pm

I asked you long ago when you last saw an ophthalmologist because not everything is about Cpap... still waiting for an answer.

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 pm

Julie wrote:I asked you long ago when you last saw an ophthalmologist because not everything is about Cpap... still waiting for an answer.
Tomorrow

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:04 pm

Anyway, for some reason, I feel like the bump from 10 to 12 maybe causing me to be a little bit more tired in the eyes today. Or it's the Ativan. Or it's something completely related and I hope the eye doctor tomorrow can figure that out. But for now, I'm going to put the pressure back down to 10. And keep it at 10 to 14.5. I'm trying to get out of the house today for a couple hours comma and just push through this. Maybe seeing if I start to feel better, or calm down, and actually feels like pure suffering. I'm already going back home, to lie down in bed, and close my eyes. Is anybody in Chicago, and no a fantastic sleep doctor, maybe neurologist, that can help me get through this.? They have to accept Medicaid, of course. I mean, this is Chicago, there's got to be some amazing sleep doctors here, but so far I haven't found them.

Soothest Sleep

Post by Soothest Sleep » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Please keep in mind that our bodies don't necessarily respond to therapy changes (of any kind) over one night only. Sometimes it is best to make one change at a time, and then monitor events over several nights, before re-evaluating and maybe trying a different change. That's what good scientists do when conducting experiments. If you approach your problems in a like manner, it is a way of establishing some control, and focusing your attention on one piece at a time can reduce anxious feelings. Remember to acknowledge any and every positive result that occurs. It is counterproductive to progress and success to dwell only on the negatives.

Robysue has made a number of very good points for you, and I second the idea of considering cognitive behavioural therapy. I have personal experience of it to help with anxious and depressive thinking, and believe it to be well worth the time and effort. There are a number of good books on the subject; but one benefit of seeing a therapist for support is their role in giving the client objective guidance in the process. That's sometimes a little harder to manage if working from books alone.

Jean
O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
Shutting, with careful fingers and benign,
Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embower'd from the light,
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine
-- John Keats

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:53 pm

So either this pressure is getting better OR benzos really screw with me and make my eyes hurt from being so tired.

Last night I slept again no drugs. I was actually too tired to fix the setting so it was night 2 of 12-14.5 setting and though I still had some wake ups I felt the best today that I have in about 2 weeks. That was still pretty garbagee, at least a little, but I was functional and keeping my eyes open wasn't torture. I actually just did a meditation and I feel pretty clear in a good way.

I wonder if we're getting close on my settings and mask set up finally..

Fingers crossed. I didn't read the sleepyhead data but I think the read out on my machine said my ahi was around 1.9 or something. So maybe we're on to something with this 12 to 14.5 thing. Still no sick feeling. If this works you guys let me know when you're coming to Chicago or Detroit and drinks are on me.

I'm not getting my hopes TOO high but I AM keeping positive and hoping this works!

Jimmycrackhorn

Post by Jimmycrackhorn » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:34 am

Just when I thought it was safe. I most have had either a bit clean nasal pillow mask or tainted water. I started getting a sore throat... At about 4:30 am I woke up after probably falling asleep at like 10:30 or 11.

I tried switching to my F&P mask but it kept leaking out the sides a little and I couldn't seem to get it to stop.

Then when I would just about fall asleep something would happen with the mask and it would choke off my breathing a little but just enough to wake me up. This happened 2 or 3 times before I took that back off and decided to go quickly wash my nasal pillows and try them again, drying them as best I could.

Then F!+&$#!!! ME if the nasal pillows started doing this thing where when my breathing started to change when I was just falling asleep the mask would start whining/whistling which would wake me back up. This happened 3 times before I gave up on that and just tried to rest in a deep meditative trance as best I could until now.

I HATE THIS GD CPAP THERAPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!