ResMed AirMini Update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Footit-MedicalRRT

ResMed AirMini Update

Post by Footit-MedicalRRT » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:16 pm

ResMed is telling me the AirMini will be released by the end of April/May time frame. Sooner than expected.

Cardsfan

Re: ResMed AirMini Update

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:18 pm

In the USA?

Footit-MedicalRRT

Post by Footit-MedicalRRT » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:20 pm

Yes in the USA market.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Do you know if it will have a battery pack? I need a travel unit for overseas flight.

Wbferrara

Post by Wbferrara » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:49 pm

I watched the brief YouTube review from an Aussie who was at the event. I believe he said projected cost would be $AUS 2100. That would be $1500 here. Anyone else catch that bit?

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Wbferrara wrote:I watched the brief YouTube review from an Aussie who was at the event. I believe he said projected cost would be $AUS 2100. That would be $1500 here. Anyone else catch that bit?
In the other thread on this, there was a link to a Facebook post, and the video clip there said $899.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=115796&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30
WindyCity76 wrote:I'm on the fence with this one. I've tried the Z1 and it was a total let down. Loud whiny blower, crappy feel, had way too many parts to manage and it fell off the nightstand constantly. This Mini looks pretty comparable to the Z1 in size so I worry about the added parts they aren't showing us. To me it's about the total package and how easily it stows!

Not sure if you all know, but Philips has the DreamStation Go coming out before the AirMini.

https://www.sleepapnea.com/products/dev ... tation-go/

I saw a demonstration of the device on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/MommyTravels/v ... 326005709/

Looks really cool. ultra-slim unit, built-in power supply (major bonus. I lost my brick once. terrible), built-in USB charging port (bonus for me when I travel. convenient outlets can be hard to find sometimes) and the best part was the micro tubing. I think they said 12mm and super flexible. It looked awesome. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

I'm going to learn more, but if the Go can deliver on performance, I'm in the "consolidated" camp over small cpap with a power brick. Doesn't hurt that I'm used to the Philips family of products. Gotta have my A-Flex.

Anyone else see the DreamStation Go?

FootitMedicalRRT.

Post by FootitMedicalRRT. » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:43 pm

I'm told $800-$900

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:48 pm

Wbferrara wrote:I watched the brief YouTube review from an Aussie who was at the event. I believe he said projected cost would be $AUS 2100. That would be $1500 here. Anyone else catch that bit?
where is "here"?

and in case you've never noticed, the pricing of cpap equipment has *nothing* at all to do with exchange rates.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

paddington

Post by paddington » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Footit-MedicalRRT wrote:ResMed is telling me the AirMini will be released by the end of April/May time frame. Sooner than expected.
They launched the product at a sales event last Friday April 7 in Sydney. I think they had an earlier on in Brisbane as the guy in the you tube below said he went a week earlier. By "launch" everyone thought it was going to be released for sale but no it wasn't! Apparently it will be released in Australia early May. Some suppliers haven't even heard that confirmation so who knows. The price is supposed to be $2100 Australian but that includes a mask. Some will be able to use their existing mask. So price without mask is unknown.

This guy says the dimension are 133mm one way (length?) and 30mm thick. No sure of the other dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9oSMNdz91I

I don't know if it will be released simultaneously in the USA but there is a comp on the internet somewhere for US citizens only to win one.
Last edited by paddington on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:37 am

I notice in the sweepstakes terms, the Grand Prize of an AirMini system, mask, & $1000 gift card has a value of $1999.
That implies the AirMini & mask bundle will be $999.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

paddington

Post by paddington » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:26 am

prodigyplace wrote:I notice in the sweepstakes terms, the Grand Prize of an AirMini system, mask, & $1000 gift card has a value of $1999.
If that is the case, you American's are so lucky.
Resmed is an Australian company and we have to pay so much more. Something is wrong there.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 am

paddington wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:I notice in the sweepstakes terms, the Grand Prize of an AirMini system, mask, & $1000 gift card has a value of $1999.
If that is the case, you American's are so lucky.
Resmed is an Australian company and we have to pay so much more. Something is wrong there.
You should buy from the U.S.A. buy the other major brand, stop paying the prople that are screwing you, but you better hurry up, never know when the China Supply Chain will dry up. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Little Wing

Post by Little Wing » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 pm

Anyone heard whether the AirMini will be a CPAP or APAP? $899 is a steep asking price for a non-auto unit. (And I hope street prices will be a fair bit lower!)

paddington

Post by paddington » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:01 pm

Little Wing wrote:Anyone heard whether the AirMini will be a CPAP or APAP? $899 is a steep asking price for a non-auto unit. (And I hope street prices will be a fair bit lower!)
If you go to you tube and type in: watch?v=m9oSMNdz91I

The guy says it is an APAP.

Can someone please tell me if Australians can buy machines (like the resmed airmini) in the US without
a sleep study?

If so who do you buy it from?

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:47 am

Whilst I'm looking forward to the release and a potential buyer, one thing concerns me.
It can take some days adapting to a new machine and mask, so if I'm using a different setup when I travel, I could be back home and feeling lousy before I got a chance to adapt to it. So may be a good idea to use it for a few days before traveling or just stick with your trusted setup and put up with the additional bulk, what do you think?

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)