Rudeness

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Re: Rudeness

Post by Julie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:52 pm

I don't think you'll necessarily get more help on the other board with many things, and will have problems feeling free not only to express yourself however you want (with others free to ignore), but you'll also have restrictions on what you can talk about... like advising on pressure changes, etc... which are just dumb (the restrictions, not the changes). However I do agree that some here have come to believe they're infallible and actual experts, whatever their 'training', or experience, and don't accept opinions of others well at all regardless of the experiences and/or learning of those people. Not a good atmosphere at all anymore, not if you compare it to how things were a few (3-4 ?) years ago when very many really bright people really got into it on many things, opinions on treatment etc. were accepted from more people, and "OT" subjects were interesting and often a whole lot of fun.

J.P.

Post by J.P. » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Guest wrote:
RestlessinWoolley wrote:Cheers to the OP for this and thank people like Frog, Okie and Pugsy for their awesome advice...
You would actually get as good too much better advise from the Apnea board. They have Several very experienced members with the Technical background and training in the field to really answer complex questions. They work together to provide advise and a wiki without the Rudeness.
Here you have pugsy who offers good advise but believes she in infallible. She is actually a real part of the problem on this BBS and has successfully set herself up as the ultimate end all everything Cpap expert on the board. Truth is She actually lacks a technical background and training and is only spouting her personal experience and opinion.
Palerider is her alter-ego, enforcer who bad mouths anyone that dares question him and the queen of Cpap. She backs him up and do Several others like Frog & okie.
Really? All that's going on in a forum about CPAP machines? No politics, no social issues, just CPAP machines? Don't you people feel silly? All that's going on in the world today and you have to bicker on an internet forum allegedly devotedto medical devices? Really people? Get a life! And to think I just signed up here awhile back looking for info about a travel CPAP. To Hell with that! This place is full of people who seriously need to get over themselves...kings and queens of their own little square inch of the internet I guess. Well here you go Your Majesties; I leave you to your digital fiefdom - especially you Palerider, you lonely, miserable old coward.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:28 pm

RestlessinWoolley wrote:All I say in defence to that if it wasn't for a few of them, I'd still be in the pickle I was in 2 months ago. With there help I was able to have the info I needed at my compliance appt to push for a new test. And I received little to no help on the Apnea board, when i posed the same question there that something was not right with how I was set up.
I tried to look up your posts on the Apnea board too confirm what you said but it shows no member with your user name.
did you use a different user name or maybe a different board altogether?
It really makes no difference where you get solid information that works for you in your own situation.
I'm really glad you were able to get the assistance you needed and that's a huge win no matter what.
The rudeness & nastiness on this board however is not a plus and not needed by anyone.
The good people on the board should tell the abusers to chill out and stop and make this board a pleasant experience for all.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Guest wrote:Here you have pugsy who offers good advise but believes she in infallible. She is actually a real part of the problem on this BBS and has successfully set herself up as the ultimate end all everything Cpap expert on the board. Truth is She actually lacks a technical background and training and is only spouting her personal experience and opinion.
Palerider is her alter-ego, enforcer who bad mouths anyone that dares question him and the queen of Cpap. She backs him up and do Several others like Frog & okie.
Guest -- hold up one minute - I don't agree that Pugsy is part of the problem. Pugsy may not have "technical" skills, but she knows more than most doctors, even if what she says is her opinion. You don't need technical skills to give advice to people about sleep apnea. You do need to know what sleep apnea is, you do need to know about machines and masks, you do need to give people correct information; all of which she does without insulting and intimidating people. She has never professed to be more than she is.

Now on the technical issue... that's Palerider, and she relies on him for that... or so it seems. In the past she has defended herself as to why she says nadda to PR about anything he posts. From what I read it's something like -- if it's okay with the owners of this site, then it's okay with me, or something along those lines.

The others you mentioned... yeah... he certainly does have his faithful followers, and that's obvious to anyone who reads these threads.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:46 pm

I am on the myApnea board with the same user name but my one post was deleted after a day because apparently I didn't read the rules right and asked a few questions that were "out of bounds". So I went here as my Sleep Doctor recommended this as a backup to get information. Pretty much was getting ask your doctor, ask her, we can't tell you what to do. As of today I'm only been on the forum a few months. But in the end I got the information I needed here from a few key people and am now in the process with a new DME getting the machine I need and actually given a loaner of the machine I was supposed to start with till my ASV appt Thursday. After that I most likely will disappear forever into the long and forgotten.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:18 pm

RestlessinWoolley wrote:I am on the myApnea board with the same user name but my one post was deleted after a day because apparently I didn't read the rules right and asked a few questions that were "out of bounds".
Ok, That explains it then. totally different board that I know nothing about.
I was talking about apneaboard not myApnea.
They have a great Forum as well as hosting all the User and Clinical manuals that are often linked on this board.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:37 pm

I honestly know so little about this that I hardly read any other posts as I have no significant information to give other then to avoid Lincare as a DME, so I didn't realize there were more sites. MyApnea is tightly ran and you have to go thru an exhausting survey just to post. But I'm on maybe 20 other forums of different sorts and an admin of 3. Pale has been the it one I've wanted to throw the banhammer at. But he has on occasion proven to be right, but agreed he could be far more friendly about it. But like I said I'll more than likely fade into Oblivion once my Asv gets going as even this loaner CPAP is working far better. Sill have insomnia like crazy and it doent help with .Y nose glued to.my device lol.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:10 am

Lucyhere wrote:
Guest wrote:Here you have pugsy who offers good advise but believes she in infallible. She is actually a real part of the problem on this BBS and has successfully set herself up as the ultimate end all everything Cpap expert on the board. Truth is She actually lacks a technical background and training and is only spouting her personal experience and opinion.
Guest -- hold up one minute - I don't agree that Pugsy is part of the problem. Pugsy may not have "technical" skills, but she knows more than most doctors, even if what she says is her opinion. You don't need technical skills to give advice to people about sleep apnea. You do need to know what sleep apnea is, you do need to know about machines and masks, you do need to give people correct information; all of which she does without insulting and intimidating people. She has never professed to be more than she is.

Now on the technical issue... that's Palerider, and she relies on him for that... or so it seems. In the past she has defended herself as to why she says nadda to PR about anything he posts. From what I read it's something like -- if it's okay with the owners of this site, then it's okay with me, or something along those lines.

The others you mentioned... yeah... he certainly does have his faithful followers, and that's obvious to anyone who reads these threads.
Sounds like the "guest" is an admin/owner of the "other" apnea forum and is here to take advantage of this thread to recruit members over to the "other" apnea forum. It's no big deal really -- because anyone who goes over there will quickly figure out their mistake and come back here.

As for faithful followers, I follow no one! -- And neither should anyone else. Jim Jones had faithful followers and we all know the kool-aid they were lead to.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:12 am

palerider wrote:
jsielke wrote:I had some time this morning, and was reading through some posts on this, and on the Apnea Board. I noticed there are a lot of rather rude responses to some questions on the list. Granted, some of the questions seem obvious, but probably are not to the person asking. I see terse, sometimes even sarcastic answers given by some of the "experts."
I will probably be banned for posting this, but after noting this, I had to say something.
if you don't like it here, then stick to apneaboard, that's what it's there for.
Thanks so much for making my point.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:15 am

jsielke wrote:
palerider wrote:
jsielke wrote:I had some time this morning, and was reading through some posts on this, and on the Apnea Board. I noticed there are a lot of rather rude responses to some questions on the list. Granted, some of the questions seem obvious, but probably are not to the person asking. I see terse, sometimes even sarcastic answers given by some of the "experts."
I will probably be banned for posting this, but after noting this, I had to say something.
if you don't like it here, then stick to apneaboard, that's what it's there for.
Thanks so much for making my point.
Don't thank him! ... you'll only encourage him for more.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:27 am

palerider wrote:
jsielke wrote:
palerider wrote:
Thank you for providing a perfect example of what I am talking about.
I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

if this was the only cpap forum IN THE WORLD, then sure, make it boring pablum for everybody.

BUT IT'S NOT. find a place that fits your sensibilities, or shut up.
You are right. This is NOT the place...for anyone civilized.

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:29 am

prodigyplace wrote:
ColinP wrote:
palerider wrote:I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

if this was the only cpap forum IN THE WORLD, then sure, make it boring pablum for everybody.

BUT IT'S NOT. find a place that fits your sensibilities, or shut up.
Well, you elbowed your way in here and turned a friendly and helpful environment into something petty, toxic and yes, rude. So who's to say that someone else can't come along and do their bit to make it better? If we use your logic that the incumbent members have some sort of seniority to tell noobs to shut up, then I invoke that clause and look forward to a long period of peace as you do just that - shut up. I just wish we'd known we could do that when you first joined.

And for the record, I personally don't care what you like and don't like, and I can't stand your small-man-syndrome and whiny crap when anyone dares to call you on your poor manners and petulant behavior. I wonder if your mother is proud of how you turned out, or if you're one of those two faced little worms who act all polite face to face and only grow a pair of virtual balls when they have a non de plume to hide behind?
Thank you for this comment.

I second that. I was just about to delete my bookmark and profile, when I saw this. A breath of fresh air (pun intended).

Jack Burton

Post by Jack Burton » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:45 am

FishLips wrote:Funny.

Bad attitude and disrespect have no other source or cause than the person from whom they originate. There's really no excuse for it.

I was on the phone with HP support this morning, and found myself falling into that behavior. There were plenty of excuses I could use to justify it (bad connection, bad English, following an irrelevant flow-chart script, I'm-smarter-than-him-mentality, etc.). I had to consciously consider the tech as a fellow human being who had his own considerations, constraints, and limitations; and tell myself to chill the fuck out.

Yeah, I tend to get pretty sharp-tongued when annoyed. But if I use my brain for a minute, I can dial it back.
Your post resonates with me.
Gonna try to be more patient and understanding with people.

carbonman

Post by carbonman » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:14 am

"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 am

Guest wrote:
RestlessinWoolley wrote:Cheers to the OP for this and thank people like Frog, Okie and Pugsy for their awesome advice...
You would actually get as good too much better advise from the Apnea board. They have Several very experienced members with the Technical background and training in the field to really answer complex questions. They work together to provide advise and a wiki without the Rudeness.
Here you have pugsy who offers good advise but believes she in infallible. She is actually a real part of the problem on this BBS and has successfully set herself up as the ultimate end all everything Cpap expert on the board. Truth is She actually lacks a technical background and training and is only spouting her personal experience and opinion.
I am trying to defend anyone, but it appears to me that the people who come here to learn how to take charge of their own therapy register and stick around, not drop by and make occasional posts as "guest". I, like most member of this forum am not a therapist, and have never claimed to be one. However, I can, like other members of this forum, speak from my own experiences and say what has worked for me and offer suggestions that may be beneficial to someone else. If I thought everyone was the same, I would tell everyone to use 20 cm H2O with3 cm pressure support, since I have found that is where my therapy is maximized. I will admit some people get a little rude at times. Often, this rudeness comes out after a person has asked a reasonable question, received an answer, ignored the answer or did something entirely different, then complained it didn't solve their problem. If you do not want to accept the advice of experienced, untrained people, restrict your questions to your doctor or RT if you have one. However, don't expect to get intensive one to one learning experiences as these people seldom have, or are willing to take the time to spend with one individual.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.