Rudeness

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Okie bipap

Re: Rudeness

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Dealing with HP off-shore tech support will drive anyone nuts. I once had them tell me my monitor had been in service for 4 years and was not longer under warranty. I asked how that was possible since the date code on the data plate indicated it had been manufactured only 7 months ago. I ended up buying a new monitor from someone else. I recently went round and round with them trying to return a laptop screen they sent me that would fit the computer. I have been fighting that battle for almost a month and still don't have it resolved.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

ColinP

Post by ColinP » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:59 pm

palerider wrote:I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

if this was the only cpap forum IN THE WORLD, then sure, make it boring pablum for everybody.

BUT IT'S NOT. find a place that fits your sensibilities, or shut up.
Well, you elbowed your way in here and turned a friendly and helpful environment into something petty, toxic and yes, rude. So who's to say that someone else can't come along and do their bit to make it better? If we use your logic that the incumbent members have some sort of seniority to tell noobs to shut up, then I invoke that clause and look forward to a long period of peace as you do just that - shut up. I just wish we'd known we could do that when you first joined.

And for the record, I personally don't care what you like and don't like, and I can't stand your small-man-syndrome and whiny crap when anyone dares to call you on your poor manners and petulant behavior. I wonder if your mother is proud of how you turned out, or if you're one of those two faced little worms who act all polite face to face and only grow a pair of virtual balls when they have a non de plume to hide behind?

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:27 pm

ColinP wrote:
palerider wrote:I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

if this was the only cpap forum IN THE WORLD, then sure, make it boring pablum for everybody.

Well, you elbowed your way in here and turned a friendly and helpful environment into something petty, toxic and yes, rude. So who's to say that someone else can't come along and do their bit to make it better? If we use your logic that the incumbent members have some sort of seniority to tell noobs to shut up, then I invoke that clause and look forward to a long period of peace as you do just that - shut up. I just wish we'd known we could do that when you first joined.

And for the record, I personally don't care what you like and don't like, and I can't stand your small-man-syndrome and whiny crap when anyone dares to call you on your poor manners and petulant behavior. I wonder if your mother is proud of how you turned out, or if you're one of those two faced little worms who act all polite face to face and only grow a pair of virtual balls when they have a non de plume to hide behind?
Thank you for this comment.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Guest wrote: But then there are those here who have the ability to help control that behavior yet instead they support and justify it by defending those who display bad behavior. A very strange world we live.
It's like a dysfunctional family that covers for each other.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:08 pm

palerider wrote:
jsielke wrote:
palerider wrote:
jsielke wrote:I had some time this morning, and was reading through some posts on this, and on the Apnea Board. I noticed there are a lot of rather rude responses to some questions on the list. Granted, some of the questions seem obvious, but probably are not to the person asking. I see terse, sometimes even sarcastic answers given by some of the "experts."
I will probably be banned for posting this, but after noting this, I had to say something.
if you don't like it here, then stick to apneaboard, that's what it's there for.
Thank you for providing a perfect example of what I am talking about.
I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

Good advice. Please take it! You're also a member on two other CPAP forums. Feel free to bless them with your behavior.
Everybody here has had it up to their eyeballs with your nastiness.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Wulfman... wrote:Good advice. Please take it! You're also a member on two other CPAP forums. Feel free to bless them with your behavior.
Everybody here has had it up to their eyeballs with your nastiness.
Everyone has a limit.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:07 pm

[quote="FishLips"I had to consciously consider the tech as a fellow human being who had his own considerations, constraints, and limitations; and tell myself to chill the fuck out.[/quote]

There are only certain people who choose to do this and PR isn't one of them. Go back through the archives starting around 2009, and you'll see that his posts in the last few months are actually tame.

Posts asking that he realize that people come here seeking help and support go unheeded. His need to show how much he thinks he knows about sleep apnea is his only consideration.

I'm sorry to say that this thread will go the way of many others asking that he try to understand that new people need help and maybe even a little TLC, and that there are actually other people here who know just as much (or maybe more) than he does. There is no other opinion except his... he knows all and everyone else knows nothing (with the exception of a very few).
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:09 pm

ColinP wrote:Well, you elbowed your way in here and turned a friendly and helpful environment into something petty, toxic and yes, rude.
you clearly haven't been paying attention, or read quite a few of the old posts... doesn't stop you from shooting off your mouth, though, does it?
ColinP wrote:I wonder if your mother is proud of how you turned out,
she's dead... so, she probably doesn't have any thoughts on the matter...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:31 pm

palerider wrote:
ColinP wrote:I wonder if your mother is proud of how you turned out,
she's dead... so, she probably doesn't have any thoughts on the matter...
Wonder no more. She "was" not proud at all. I mean really ... who could ever be proud of such nasty, petty, and toxic rudeness?

Ribbit. Have another peek. Chunky.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

J.P.

Post by J.P. » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Who knew there would be trolls on a forum about CPAP machines and such? The anonymity of the internet gives some people the false impression that it's okay to treat people with no respect. These are usually miserable, cowardly human beings who wouldn't dare treat someone that way face-to-face. They're almost like belligerent drunks, full of liquid courage; but they're on the internet, with electric courage. That being the case, Palerider, you are one of the most electrically courageous S.O.B.s I've seen since I stopped reading the liberal forums on Twitter.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Cheers to the OP for this and thank people like Frog, Okie and Pugsy for their awesome advice...

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:07 pm

RestlessinWoolley wrote:Cheers to the OP for this and thank people like Frog, Okie and Pugsy for their awesome advice...
Aren't those the same people who circle the wagons to protect him? Said another way - Do you have a link to where anyone of them reprimanded him?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:27 pm

Guest wrote:
RestlessinWoolley wrote:Cheers to the OP for this and thank people like Frog, Okie and Pugsy for their awesome advice...
Aren't those the same people who circle the wagons to protect him? Said another way - Do you have a link to where anyone of them reprimanded him?
MAYBE, they think of him as a Fine Wine, better to leave him on a shelf in the cellar corked and covered in dust. Maybe some day he will be worth something. J/im
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:40 pm

You would actually get as good too much better advise from the Apnea board. They have Several very experienced members with the Technical background and training in the field to really answer complex questions. They work together to provide advise and a wiki without the Rudeness.
Here you have pugsy who offers good advise but believes she in infallible. She is actually a real part of the problem on this BBS and has successfully set herself up as the ultimate end all everything Cpap expert on the board. Truth is She actually lacks a technical background and training and is only spouting her personal experience and opinion.
Palerider is her alter-ego, enforcer who bad mouths anyone that dares question him and the queen of Cpap. She backs him up and do Several others like Frog & okie.

RestlessinWoolley

Post by RestlessinWoolley » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 pm

All I say in defence to that if it wasn't for a few of them, I'd still be in the pickle I was in 2 months ago. With there help I was able to have the info I needed at my compliance appt to push for a new test. And I received little to no help on the Apnea board, when i posed the same question there that something was not right with how I was set up.

"I hate the word 'Handicapped' and 'Disabled'. They imply that you are less than whole don't see myself that way at all". ~Aimee Mullins