Rudeness

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: Rudeness

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:19 pm

LoBattery wrote:If you are willing to wait a little, every question you might have will be asked by someone else and there will be no need to post on the board. Keeping posts to basic facts and not offering opinions is one way to stay out of the fray. Get the help you need, don't make it part of your life.
In addition to the previous post....... ^^^^^^
Actually, there is very little that's "new" on the forum. Learn to use the forum Search function and many questions can be answered from the archives.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:33 am

Wulfman... wrote:
jsielke wrote:I had some time this morning, and was reading through some posts on this, and on the Apnea Board. I noticed there are a lot of rather rude responses to some questions on the list. Granted, some of the questions seem obvious, but probably are not to the person asking. I see terse, sometimes even sarcastic answers given by some of the "experts."
I will probably be banned for posting this, but after noting this, I had to say something.
I was curious and did a forum search on the word. In the "old days", it often applied to DMEs and their employees.
More recently, it has more often applied to some of the "personalities" on the forum.

search.php?keywords=rude

Try to sift through it all and take the "good" and ignore the "bad".

Den

I think you're absolutely right Den. As an "old days" kind of guy (relatively speaking) ... now that you mention it, I too noticed the shift from mostly rude DMEs to rude members around December of 2009.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:42 am

prodigyplace wrote:My thoughts & prayers go to all the cancer patients & survivors. I have survived prostate cancer and have known others who were not quite so fortunate.
Thanks PP. Kudos to you for surviving prostate cancer.

papzombie

Post by papzombie » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 am

49er wrote: regarding my cancer diagnosis.
49er
I have found you supportive and nice.

I hope all the best for your journey.

Regards

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:57 am

papzombie wrote:
49er wrote: regarding my cancer diagnosis.
49er
I have found you supportive and nice.

I hope all the best for your journey.

Regards
I also wish there was a like post:) but thank you for your kind words.

49er

jsielke

Post by jsielke » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 am

palerider wrote:
jsielke wrote:I had some time this morning, and was reading through some posts on this, and on the Apnea Board. I noticed there are a lot of rather rude responses to some questions on the list. Granted, some of the questions seem obvious, but probably are not to the person asking. I see terse, sometimes even sarcastic answers given by some of the "experts."
I will probably be banned for posting this, but after noting this, I had to say something.
if you don't like it here, then stick to apneaboard, that's what it's there for.

Thank you for providing a perfect example of what I am talking about.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:24 am

Unfortunately, meanness usually comes from pain.
Some of the nastiest people can be very kind, if you but try to understand that.
Remember, we are all in this leaky, noisy boat together.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Unfortunately, meanness usually comes from pain.
Some of the nastiest people can be very kind, if you but try to understand that.
Remember, we are all in this leaky, noisy boat together.
While true, IMO it also comes from lack of empathy, lack of sleep (which we know causes mood swings), low self-esteem, and lack of education. For some strange reason it seems some with a low self-esteem get some gratification from insulting others. Do they think it makes them look smart? idk but they get some gratification from it.

But then there are those here who have the ability to help control that behavior yet instead they support and justify it by defending those who display bad behavior. A very strange world we live.

Combine that with the way people change when you can't see their face and you've got the www. Or Wild, Wild, Web. I believe the people who display this behavior would not behave that way if you could see their face as in when interacting in person.

For those who are interested in more entertainment - put in the search words "Inner Circle" (include the quotes), I like to use the Advanced Search feature. I bumped it before but someone deleted my post which drops it back down. Go to the last post which was by jnk - my post was after that.

If you select "Post Reply" then scroll down you can see ALL replies even those which were "Spam Deleted". by whoever I find it strange that someone would Spam Delete a nice quote like that but that shows the unfortunate attitude on this wonderful forum.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:45 am

jsielke wrote:
palerider wrote:
if you don't like it here, then stick to apneaboard, that's what it's there for.
Thank you for providing a perfect example of what I am talking about.
what's truly rude is people coming into a new place and telling the inhabitants how to behave.

"I don't like the way you people act at this bar"

"fine, go to the bar NEXT DOOR that has an atmosphere that you like"

"no, I want to change this one!"

Last edited by palerider on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 am

palerider wrote: I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

if this was the only cpap forum IN THE WORLD, then sure, make it boring pablum for everybody.

BUT IT'S NOT. find a place that fits your sensibilities, or shut up.
And yet YOU keep coming back with your pompous, snotface, evil, and rude ugliness.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:10 pm

Oops! I peeked. Dreamstalker.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:49 pm

The other thought is some of these people may indeed have un-diagnosed & untreated bipolars. That means they are in the wrong forum.

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:04 pm

jsielke wrote:I had some time this morning
Well there is your problem.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
palerider wrote:
I can't stand pompous snotfaces that come in some where and start bitching about it. you're like the assholes that move into a house next to the airport and start complaining about the noise.

if this was the only cpap forum IN THE WORLD, then sure, make it boring pablum for everybody.

BUT IT'S NOT. find a place that fits your sensibilities, or shut up.

And yet YOU keep coming back with your pompous, snotface, evil, and rude ugliness.

+1

He thinks that because he has some knowledge about sleep apnea, that somehow gives him the right to be a flat out jerk. Poor guy... what a messed up person. Check out his posts at the Apnea Board... he is tame over there because he knows his nastiness wouldn't be tolerated for a minute. Here he can be a pompous a** without giving it a second thought, and knows he can get away with it.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

FishLips

Post by FishLips » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:50 pm

Funny.

Bad attitude and disrespect have no other source or cause than the person from whom they originate. There's really no excuse for it.

I was on the phone with HP support this morning, and found myself falling into that behavior. There were plenty of excuses I could use to justify it (bad connection, bad English, following an irrelevant flow-chart script, I'm-smarter-than-him-mentality, etc.). I had to consciously consider the tech as a fellow human being who had his own considerations, constraints, and limitations; and tell myself to chill the fuck out.

Yeah, I tend to get pretty sharp-tongued when annoyed. But if I use my brain for a minute, I can dial it back.