Rudeness

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
mrbreezeet1

Re: Rudeness

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:19 pm

49er wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:49'r sorry about your cancer, hope you are alright now.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Thanks, haven't yet started treatment as I am seeking a 2nd opinion.
OH, OK, Good luck.
Keep an positive attitude, they say that's important.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:24 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
mrbreezeet1 wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
prodigyplace wrote:I must have misread.
I thought this was CPAPtalk.com not CRAPtalk.com
Easter is weird huh? They say he died (on a Friday I think?) and then on the third day rose again (wouldn't that be a Monday?).

Anyway, sure do hope your day improves cuz groundhog daze sucks.
No, the counted Friday as the first day. Friday, Saturday, Sunday,..... 123rd day.
Way I see it.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
I've noticed the most common approach to the study is .... "Way I see it."

Theology is a very interpretive form of study (w/ an infinite number of "ways to see it") ... a little different from the scientific method or the traditional logic of Aristotle that I'm more familiar with. Although I was not schooled in the scientific method or western philosophy at the time, when I was 12 years old, my parents started sending me to Sunday school. After a few months, the priest asked them not to bring me because I asked way too many questions ... what he didn't tell my parents was that he was unable to answer most of my questions.

Anyway. Back to how "you see it". Even if you count Friday, there are still 24 hours in a day right? So let's say the Judean court business hours were from 8 to 5 and we assume that Pilate's death sentence was carried out by EOB at 5 PM Friday ... then 5 PM Saturday would be 1 day and 1 night (full 24 hours), and 5 PM Sunday would be 2 days and 2 nights (48 hours) -- ergo 5 PM Monday would make a full 3 days and 3 nights (72 hours) .... now substitute 8 AM for 5 PM and we still arrive on a Monday -- weird no?

So Happy Easter again to those who use the 24-hour per day system!
You're lucky.
I went to a Catholic school for 8 years.
They were pretty unreasonable.
There mass just managed to scare me.
I see the church across the alley from me, with the Kids, They have like a class, or meeting for the Kids,
They make it fun for them. I think That's the way it should be.

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:46 pm

jnk... wrote:And if Aristotle had been Jewish, I believe he would well have counted his days as being sunset-to-sunset anyway. Just sayin'.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... sh-Day.htm

My scientifically invented CPAP machine and related monitoring software works on a very strict and simple 24 hour per day concept and that's all that matters as regards to my health and therapy.
I do not fear the possibility of having to wake up during the middle of a night as a Jew expecting to get part of my body mutilated

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:12 am

Uncle_Bob wrote:
jnk... wrote:And if Aristotle had been Jewish, I believe he would well have counted his days as being sunset-to-sunset anyway. Just sayin'.

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_c ... sh-Day.htm

My scientifically invented CPAP machine and related monitoring software works on a very strict and simple 24 hour per day concept and that's all that matters as regards to my health and therapy.
I do not fear the possibility of having to wake up during the middle of a night as a Jew expecting to get part of my body mutilated
Well I guess it's a good thing that science and religion don't mix ... it could result in serious disasters. "Houston! We have a problem ... the eagle has landed a day late on some other space object"
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:51 am

DreamStalker wrote:. . . science and religion . . .
My experience is that the two approaches and schools of thought can coexist quite nicely and inform one another, as long as one does not mix up which is designed for what.

Both, for me, are evidence-based. But one is designed to take God into consideration and the other one, by definition, is not allowed to do so.

Ultimate origins? Learning to humbly acknowledge the limitations of physical human observation? That search is best made in the realm of religion, in my opinion, since science wasn't designed to explore such matters.

My position is that I would consider it a mistake to turn a science book into the basis for one's religious beliefs, although one is certainly free to make that choice. And my position is that it is similarly a mistake to view the Bible as a book written by scientists--although, personally I have yet to find anything in the pages of the Bible that, in context, is in any way contradictory to accurate scientific observation.

But hey, that's just me. I never claimed to be mainstream.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mrbreezeet1

Post by mrbreezeet1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 am

jnk... wrote:
My experience is that the two approaches and schools of thought can coexist quite nicely and inform one another, as long as one does not mix up which is designed for what.

Both, for me, are evidence-based. But one is designed to take God into consideration and the other one, by definition, is not allowed to do so.

Ultimate origins? Learning to humbly acknowledge the limitations of physical human observation? That search is best made in the realm of religion, in my opinion, since science wasn't designed to explore such matters.

My position is that I would consider it a mistake to turn a science book into the basis for one's religious beliefs, although one is certainly free to make that choice. And my position is that it is similarly a mistake to view the Bible as a book written by scientists--although, personally I have yet to find anything in the pages of the Bible that, in context, is in any way contradictory to accurate scientific observation.
But hey, that's just me. I never claimed to be mainstream.
Well Said Jeff.
It has been Stated that, "I would rather live my life as if there WAS a God, and find out there wasn't, Than to Live my life like there WAS NOT, and find out that there is"
Something close to that effect.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 am

jnk... wrote:
snip ... --although, personally I have yet to find anything in the pages of the Bible that, in context, is in any way contradictory to accurate scientific observation. ... snip
Well except maybe for the number of hours in a day (or at least certain days).
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

DreamStalker wrote:
jnk... wrote:
snip ... --although, personally I have yet to find anything in the pages of the Bible that, in context, is in any way contradictory to accurate scientific observation. ... snip
I believe we discussed this a day ago. But less than 24 hours ago. And I think you understand that, you crazed mathematical genius you. Please try to stay on this side of the genius/madman event horizon so that your great learning does not drive you mad.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 am

jnk... wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
jnk... wrote:
I believe we discussed this a day ago. But less than 24 hours ago. And I think you understand that, you crazed mathematical genius you. Please try to stay on this side of the genius/madman event horizon so that your great learning does not drive you mad.
Yes i understand indeed. The square root of -1 always takes us into the imaginary time-space continuum of mathematical magic and spiritual madness between a day ago and yesterday.

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:07 pm

DreamStalker wrote:Well except maybe for the number of hours in a day (or at least certain days).
Are you a scientist? Or do you just attempt to play one on a CPAP forum?

All of my scientists friends and many friends who are not scientists know there are not 24 hours in most days. https://www.timeanddate.com/time/earth-rotation.html

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:24 pm

Hang Fire wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:Well except maybe for the number of hours in a day (or at least certain days).
Are you a scientist? Or do you just attempt to play one on a CPAP forum?

All of my scientists friends and many friends who are not scientists know there are not 24 hours in most days. https://www.timeanddate.com/time/earth-rotation.html
Indeed your leap scientist and non-scientist friends are many more than I shall ever hope to have. Congrats on your extraordinarily unique standing!

Ahhh, and let us not forget those,
in the lands of the ice and snow,
from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow,
and a day can last for days and days.
Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. Ooh. Ooh.

As a scientist, I do attempt to play on a CPAP forum ... but only with those who attempt to have a sense of humor.

And you?

Do you and all your leap scientist and non-scientist friends have special watches that change the length of an hour according to what day it is? ... or do the watches change the length of seconds too? I wanna see one ....

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:31 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
Do you and all your leap scientist and non-scientist friends have special watches that change the length of an hour according to what day it is? ... or do the watches change the length of seconds too? I wanna see one ....
Ah c'mon DS. Have you never just finished that mega-big gulp drink from 7-11 and forgot to make room in the bladder for it? That 15 minutes to the next rest stop takes FOREVER.

-Bill

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:42 pm

wm_hess wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:
Ah c'mon DS. Have you never just finished that mega-big gulp drink from 7-11 and forgot to make room in the bladder for it? That 15 minutes to the next rest stop takes FOREVER.

-Bill
Nope. I don't do 7-11 or sugar-drinks. Just coffee and water and on infrequent occasions, tea.

But to be honest, I just got up a while ago for a bladder run and it did seem to take longer than I expected .... but whew! I made it without any accidents.

When I attempt to travel at the speed of light, time just seems to stand still.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:58 pm

DreamStalker wrote:When I attempt to travel at the speed of light
Hammer of the gods driving your ships to new lands again?
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 pm

jnk... wrote:
DreamStalker wrote:When I attempt to travel at the speed of light
Hammer of the gods driving your ships to new lands again?
Indeed ....
To fight the horde, singing and crying,
Valhalla, I am coming!