Digestive Issues & Twitching

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ryan D

Digestive Issues & Twitching

Post by Ryan D » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi all. I have been off my CPAP machine for about 4 months and have had the following issues:

1. Digestive issues including gas, abdomen pain, bloating, poor digestion, constipation etc. Doc has checked most things with the only thing left being a couple of scopes.

2. Jerking/twitching during my sleep.

3. Lots of anxiety, rumination, waking up in the middle of the night and then my stomach starts turning.

If anyone has any comments if CPAP therapy will fix these issues I would love to hear them.

Thank you all.

Wulfman...

Re: Digestive Issues & Twitching

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:15 pm

Ryan D wrote:Hi all. I have been off my CPAP machine for about 4 months and have had the following issues:

1. Digestive issues including gas, abdomen pain, bloating, poor digestion, constipation etc. Doc has checked most things with the only thing left being a couple of scopes.

3. Lots of anxiety, rumination, waking up in the middle of the night and then my stomach starts turning.

If anyone has any comments if CPAP therapy will fix these issues I would love to hear them.

Thank you all.
A little "light" reading for ya.

viewtopic/t116779/search.php?keywords=aerophagia

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Why did you decide not to use your CPAP? If you have sleep apnea then it's the best way to treat the condition.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:38 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
Ryan D wrote:Hi all. I have been off my CPAP machine for about 4 months and have had the following issues:

viewtopic/t116779/search.php?keywords=aerophagia.
that's just sad...

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Not using cpap = PAIN.
I realized this just after starting cpap, seven years ago.
I guess it is not as obvious to some others . . .

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:56 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:

that's just sad...
Aerophagia can occur with or without XPAP therapy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aeropha ... 8&oe=utf-8

Yes, it IS sad......when you don't contribute in a "positive" nature.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:

that's just sad...
Aerophagia can occur with or without XPAP therapy.

https://www.google.com/search?q=aeropha ... 8&oe=utf-8
Yes, it IS sad......when you don't contribute in a "positive" nature.
what's sad is when you try so hard to be relevant, latching on to one thing and parroting some link.

but, sure, I suppose reading about people who've had air pumped into their stomachs by cpaps will help someone who isn't using it, sure, why not. whatever floats your boat.

Last edited by palerider on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:10 pm

To the OP - get those scopes done. Don't expect any connection to OSA or Cpap though... aerophagia is what happens when you're ON cpap, not off it for 4 mos.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:29 pm

Julie wrote:To the OP - get those scopes done. Don't expect any connection to OSA or Cpap though... aerophagia is what happens when you're ON cpap, not off it for 4 mos.
Read my Google link.
Many links in there which don't mention CPAP.
It's the result of swallowing air.......with or without CPAP.
But, the symptoms and some of the remedies are the same.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:14 pm

You're referring to short term stuff, and using Cpap aerophagia in comparison, but I don't think you can do that under the circumstances. The symptoms also apply to other GI problems more likely caused by other things, and he needs to stop thinking about Cpap - 4 mos ago - and find out what is going on.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Julie wrote:You're referring to short term stuff, and using Cpap aerophagia in comparison, but I don't think you can do that under the circumstances. The symptoms also apply to other GI problems more likely caused by other things, and he needs to stop thinking about Cpap - 4 mos ago - and find out what is going on.
But, did he have any of those issues/symptoms BEFORE he stopped using CPAP?
I don't think that he's mentioned whether or not that was the case.
And, why did he stop using CPAP?
Inquiring minds want to know.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:51 pm

It doesn't matter when they developed... and EVEN if there were some way Cpap set off aerophagia, there seems to be more going on now and only a fool would not check that out (as he's doing), or not get it done because it 'must be from Cpap'.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Thank you all.
Look at the good side, not using your XPAP treatment hasn't killed you, yet, in time it might help keep you alive. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

RespiratoryFromFootitMedical

Post by RespiratoryFromFootitMedical » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:12 pm

Some CPAP users can swallow air during the night and with positive pressure it may be significant. You should start by handling the anxiety and getting treated with that as we find anxiety sufferers are the hardest to achieve compliance. You should try and get back with compliance on your CPAP. Muscle jerking and twitching could be from low O2 levels from sleep apnea.

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:28 am

Ryan, why did you stop using CPAP four months ago?

I looked at your previous posts and see that you have asked about anxiety and CPAP in the past. When you were on CPAP did your anxiety continue to improve as you indicated in one of your old posts?

Just wondering what occurred that made you stop using your machine four months ago, and if you're trying to get back on CPAP again.