SoClean 2 Activating My CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ThreeDJ16

SoClean 2 Activating My CPAP

Post by ThreeDJ16 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Hello! New to the board and hoping for some help. I'm so glad that I got a CPAP machine as it's changed my life and I didn't even realize it needed changing. Found out I had severe sleep apnea (I think it was 77 interruptions).

So I have searched the forum and Googled my brains out, but I don't seem to see others having this issue. I have the Resmed Autoset 10 hooked up to the SoClean 2 via the water reservoir method using the So Clean 2 water tank cap provided when I bought the machine. I've had it about a year now, since I just replaced my second cartridge in the SoClean 2 (every 6 months). Only once in a blue moon does this oddity occur, so I can't find reason for when it does happen. But when the clean cycle begins, it tricks the CPAP machine into coming on, which can't be good for the filter cartridge in the SoClean 2 unit. Every morning after waking, I clean the mask with a cpap wipe and place into the SoClean 2. Disconnect the simple twist connector between water reservoir and check valve coming from the SoClean 2 (it's just easier to fill the tank with distilled water in the bathroom than on my tiny nightstand). Then I plug the water tank back in along with the quick twist connector for the SoClean. I literally do the exact same procedure every single morning for the last year, yet for some reason, occasionally it activates the Cpap machine. It happened today, I went through and checked everything, all same as always. Just ran it a second time after checking everything and it didn't activate....argh! Sure I could just try and remember to hold the off button for several seconds each morning and turn it back on at night, but I have a routine already and adding stuff messes with that. I love the SoClean 2 and it shouldn't be activating the cpap. Naturally I called the company already and they were very nice, but zero help at all.

So if anyone has heard of this or has a suggestion (other than turn off the cpap or unplug the cpap), I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!
-=J

palerider

Re: SoClean 2 Activating My CPAP

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:49 pm

soclean is junk, it doesn't clean anything at all.. your cpap is trying to reject it by turning on and trying to blow the ozone away!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Put So Clean in the search bar here and see what comes up - it's garbage and you need to get rid of it.

ThreeDJ16

Post by ThreeDJ16 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:06 pm

Seriously folks. I came here for help, not rhetoric. There is plenty of background research on the subject. I have used mine 1 year without ever going through that stupid soap soak and dry crap, which I hated and didn't do everyday. Not one time have I found a single spec of mold or mildew in my machine, mask or hose. I use common sense, it's not a cleaner, it's a sterilizer. Use a wipe each morning and then it sterilizes. It airs out in plenty of time before I go to bed. I'm extremely sensitive to mold or mildew and it would through my allergies into a fit, so I know it works.

So please, I don't want to hear this crap on my first post here. Either kindly answer the question I asked or move along, I've made up my mind and it's a great unit.

Jeez, way to welcome the new guy to the board. Your equipment is shite! Thx. Guess this why I seldom use forums anymore.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:19 pm

Do your own research (which you apparently haven't). All we're doing is expressing what we've learned over a long time from many sources. We're here to help, nothing else. Our machines don't have mildew or mold either and no one needed SC to say that. There are filters that come with the machines, and all that goes through them anyhow (the machines) is room air that you breathe all day anyway, only you also get a filter at night. Do the search here, you'll be surprised at what comes up.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:26 pm

ThreeDJ16 wrote:Seriously folks. I came here for help, not rhetoric. There is plenty of background research on the subject. I have used mine 1 year without ever going through that stupid soap soak and dry crap, which I hated and didn't do everyday. Not one time have I found a single spec of mold or mildew in my machine, mask or hose. I use common sense, it's not a cleaner, it's a sterilizer. Use a wipe each morning and then it sterilizes. It airs out in plenty of time before I go to bed. I'm extremely sensitive to mold or mildew and it would through my allergies into a fit, so I know it works.

So please, I don't want to hear this crap on my first post here. Either kindly answer the question I asked or move along, I've made up my mind and it's a great unit.

Jeez, way to welcome the new guy to the board. Your equipment is shite! Thx. Guess this why I seldom use forums anymore.
you asked for advice, you got it, sorry you don't like it.

here, read the opinion of someone who knows what they're talking about:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... #pid197690

and get your knickers outta your crack, we tell it like it is.

oh, and btw, I've used my machine for EIGHT years, and I've not had a spec of mold or mildew in my machine either... and I didn't throw away hundreds on snake oil.

good luck with your problem.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:30 pm

What's so hard about unplugging the machine from electric source or just the little plug in the back of the machine?

Sorry guy...there aren't many SoClean users here so we can't say one way or the other what might be causing the problem.
None of the regulars here use it or want to use it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:32 pm

If your No-Clean is causing your XPAP to auto start, the smart thing would be to unplug your XPAP or disable the Autostart on it, but you don't want to do the smart thing, after wasting $300 I can see that it's a ongoing problem. I'd leave the autostart on as it is needed.

use a powerstrip with a switch if pulling the plug is too hard to do, or let them both run and find out which motor is stronger. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:33 pm

ThreeDJ16 wrote:Hello! New to the board and hoping for some help. I'm so glad that I got a CPAP machine as it's changed my life and I didn't even realize it needed changing. Found out I had severe sleep apnea (I think it was 77 interruptions).

So I have searched the forum and Googled my brains out, but I don't seem to see others having this issue. I have the Resmed Autoset 10 hooked up to the SoClean 2 via the water reservoir method using the So Clean 2 water tank cap provided when I bought the machine. I've had it about a year now, since I just replaced my second cartridge in the SoClean 2 (every 6 months). Only once in a blue moon does this oddity occur, so I can't find reason for when it does happen. But when the clean cycle begins, it tricks the CPAP machine into coming on, which can't be good for the filter cartridge in the SoClean 2 unit. Every morning after waking, I clean the mask with a cpap wipe and place into the SoClean 2. Disconnect the simple twist connector between water reservoir and check valve coming from the SoClean 2 (it's just easier to fill the tank with distilled water in the bathroom than on my tiny nightstand). Then I plug the water tank back in along with the quick twist connector for the SoClean. I literally do the exact same procedure every single morning for the last year, yet for some reason, occasionally it activates the Cpap machine. It happened today, I went through and checked everything, all same as always. Just ran it a second time after checking everything and it didn't activate....argh! Sure I could just try and remember to hold the off button for several seconds each morning and turn it back on at night, but I have a routine already and adding stuff messes with that. I love the SoClean 2 and it shouldn't be activating the cpap. Naturally I called the company already and they were very nice, but zero help at all.

So if anyone has heard of this or has a suggestion (other than turn off the cpap or unplug the cpap), I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!
-=J

Hello... altho most people on the forum don't use the SoClean, it's great that it is working so well for you! Hard to know why the machine is being activated, especially all of a sudden. Maybe talk to someone at your DME?? There are many helpful folks here, and I'm sure someone will try to help you out. Oh, Welcome!

*Just noticed Pugsy's reply. Her first sentence is a good place to start.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:35 pm

It is THEIR problem, not ours.
Why not call THEM and grouse about it?
They CLAIM to have customer service--use it.
(((Note to anyone considering a purchase of one of these things--DON'T)))

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:48 pm

Oh, and PS - you're not 'sterilizing' anything with SC, whatever they told you... and in any case, do you wear a helmet with only sterilized air allowed in all day out in the world?

How's your immune system btw... or do you even have one left?
Last edited by Julie on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Wish I could help, but I don't use it either. I've been on my CPAP for ten years and never sterilized anything. Never have had any respiratory issues and never have seen mold or any other gross stuff in or on anything. Of course I wash my mask and the water chamber and always use distilled water, but that's it.

It really stinks when the the manufacturer of a product can't help with a problem. Just ran into that a couple of days ago (something totally unrelated to CPAP). They were really nice and tired, but the problem still exists. Hope you can find an answer.

flightco

Post by flightco » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:27 pm

ThreeDJ16 wrote:Seriously folks. I came here for help, not rhetoric. There is plenty of background research on the subject. I have used mine 1 year without ever going through that stupid soap soak and dry crap, which I hated and didn't do everyday. Not one time have I found a single spec of mold or mildew in my machine, mask or hose. I use common sense, it's not a cleaner, it's a sterilizer. Use a wipe each morning and then it sterilizes. It airs out in plenty of time before I go to bed. I'm extremely sensitive to mold or mildew and it would through my allergies into a fit, so I know it works.

Well, congratulations on making up your mind and spending your money how you choose. However, you came to a forum where many people know what they are talking about and being a public forum, they will tell you so.

So I will just ask you questions;
1. What do you think you are getting out of it other than a warm feeling. You say and I agree, it doesn't clean and you think it is a sterilizer but there is really only one way to know for sure. Have you performed a culture and sent it to a lab for results? Didn't think so; OH, WAIT, the manuactures documentation says it is a sterilizer so it must be right. Hospitals pay more than 100K for some of their sterilizers and guess what, they perform a biological test once a day - why do you think they do that if the machine has documentation stating it is a sterilizer If this really sterilized, don't you think a hospital would use them? In this day of increased healthcare costs, wouldn't a hospital want to run their respiratory masks and tubing in a cheep little 300 dollar box. All you are really doing is sucking the remnants of some type of process into your lungs every night without having a clue what they are. Good Luck to you.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:21 am

I'm skeptical the SoClean cleans anything but you wallet.

However, look in the useful links in my signature line at the bottom of this post and download the providers' manual for your CPAP machine and turn off autostart or smartstart or whatever ResMed calls it.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

ThreeDJ16

Post by ThreeDJ16 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:22 am

Well I can't possibly respond to all the dumbass posts here (thanks for the one or two trying to be helpful). But if those folks had bothered to read, I only had one question and it wasn't anything to do with a debate as to the machines purpose. I did my research and you'll find plenty of hospitals already use similar systems.

Some of you are just very sad, obviously sitting around waiting to toss out troll bait. Thanks for nothing....have fun tossing off in this thread as I just requested the account be deleted and won't be returning for you to troll.