Good support from Hybridmask.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lennyten

Good support from Hybridmask.com

Post by lennyten » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:42 pm

I mentioned in previous posts that I was having trouble exhaling with my Hybrid mask.

I called their technical support department, and they had their sales rep contact me and he is going to exchange the mask in case it is defective.

They have been very good and cooperative in trying to solve the problem.

It's always nice to see a company try to resolve issues and help customers.

sleepy guest

bow down

Post by sleepy guest » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:29 pm

Call me cynical, but I don't know why you are being appreciative to the manufacturers of these products. The Hybrid costs $175.00 not including shipping. What favor do you think the manufacturer is providing to you to simply swap out a mask that probably costs them less that $20.00 per unit to manufacturer? You already shelled out $175 for a product, last time I checked is made of plastic mold and silicone. These manufacturers are not doing anybody any favors except to their shareholders.

lennyten

Re: bow down

Post by lennyten » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:50 pm

sleepy guest wrote:Call me cynical, but I don't know why you are being appreciative to the manufacturers of these products. The Hybrid costs $175.00 not including shipping. What favor do you think the manufacturer is providing to you to simply swap out a mask that probably costs them less that $20.00 per unit to manufacturer? You already shelled out $175 for a product, last time I checked is made of plastic mold and silicone. These manufacturers are not doing anybody any favors except to their shareholders.
Some companies could care less and then you are stuck with a defective product. I give them credit for trying to help.

sleepy guest

Lenny

Post by sleepy guest » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:00 pm

Lenny, Lenny, Lenny - ofcourse they are being helpful. They have the highest price mask out on the market, and by the way has some of the worst user reviews. Does anybody out there know how the manufacturers choose the focus groups that gather to discuss what they want in a mask, and then somehow the manufacturers release a complete pile of _ _ _ _! that leaks? Why dont manufacturers come out with data like we tested this mask with the most successful results on a 5'5 male with a weight of 175lbs and the worst results were on a 6'0 male weighing 235lbs with a large face??? Where is this kind of data to allow the consumers to try and come up with some kind of educated choice on a mask that will work best for them instead of how we do it now which is basically a gamble at best.

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 pm

sleepy guest wrote:Call me cynical
Sleepy guest you are cynical
I know how it feels to shell out big bucks for a mask and realize after the first night it has no chance of working.(ultra mirage FF 149.00)

lennyten,
I'm glad you were happy with their customer service. I am very happy with my hybrid and am glad to hear they treat their customers well.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

sleepy guest

UMFF

Post by sleepy guest » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:42 pm

Tooly125 - how was your conversion from the UMFF with no nasal interface to the Hybrid with a nasal interface. Did it take some getting used to?

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:56 pm

lennyten wrote:Some companies could care less and then you are stuck with a defective product. I give them credit for trying to help.
The Hybrid didn't work for me, and nothing that any company support could do would have helped the fact that it leaked for me despite any combo of mouth cushion/nasal pillows.

But I agree absolutely with lennyten that it is very nice to see this kind of support for an end user. I don't think many mask manufacturers would offer to send a new mask unless a DME contacted them. Kudos to the Hybrid makers for going farther than many would to help a user who calls them with a mask problem.

tooly125

Re: UMFF

Post by tooly125 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:10 pm

sleepy guest wrote:Tooly125 - how was your conversion from the UMFF with no nasal interface to the Hybrid with a nasal interface. Did it take some getting used to?
removing the mask after the first night felt like the cushions glued themselves to the inside of my nose OUCH!!
since then my nose has gotten used to the cushions up there and causes little to no pain, there is a gel people use to help (AR gel ??) but I'm being lazy and am going to wait and see if my nose gets totaly used to it without the gel.
As a benefit I can now Nose breath which I could not do with the other FF masks(Hybrid is my fourth mask in six months).

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

sidesleeper1

Post by sidesleeper1 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:43 am

Tooly, I'm with you on the Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask. It was murder!
I can see why the Hybrid is a little more expensive because it comes with 3 very long pillows and 3 cushions. I could see the value in the box when I opened it. There was just so much there. I would have liked some heavier headgear with it, though, but the mask itself is very nice compared to all the other FF on the market, in my opinion. Nice to know the service is good.
Is the Hybrid worth $20. more than Resmed's UMFF ?
It is for me, but I think their both too expensive for people without insurance. If I had to pay cash for them they better last the whole year.That "replace every 90 days" must be for insurance. Can you see someone Paying 155. or 175. every 3 months for a mask? That's a little steap.

Severe OSA Sufferer

Post by Severe OSA Sufferer » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:58 am

sleepy guest wrote:Call me cynical, but I don't know why you are being appreciative to the manufacturers of these products. The Hybrid costs $175.00 not including shipping. What favor do you think the manufacturer is providing to you to simply swap out a mask that probably costs them less that $20.00 per unit to manufacturer? You already shelled out $175 for a product, last time I checked is made of plastic mold and silicone. These manufacturers are not doing anybody any favors except to their shareholders.
You are living in a society that believes in free enterprise. Yes, the manufacturers have a major responsibility to the shareholders. After all, the shareholders risked their money to fund the company in hopes that they would some day get a good return on their money.

In order to achieve a good return for the shareholders, enlightened companies know they must offer a product in which consumers will find value. This is the system that makes so many different types of masks available to serve our diverse needs. No one is forcing you to buy from any company.

What system do you propose in place of this?

P.S. Somewhat like an investor, I decided to invest my money in a Hybrid Mask and am anxiously awaiting delivery. My estimate of the cost/benefit/risk says I am willing to take the risk that the mask just doesn’t work for me and my money is wasted. I do this in hopes that the mask will work for me and solve some of the serious problems I am having with the therapy. If it does solve my problems, it is worth much more that $200 to me personally.

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:35 pm

but I think their both too expensive for people without insurance. If I had to pay cash for them they better last the whole year
So who pays for the insurance? Why is it okay to say " Oh the insurance will pay", like its free? You will pay one way or the other..

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:49 pm

sidesleeper1 wrote:I would have liked some heavier headgear with it, though
I don't use the hybrids headgear, the headgear from my Fisher & Paykel HC431 was a perfect fit, its heavier and I think it controls the mask better.
I already owned one so no big deal, a new one costs $60.00 kind of steep for some straps and velcro.
You could always trade someone your UMFF for a HC431.
I put my hybrids headgear on the HC431 now that mask is my backup.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Severe OSA Sufferer wrote:
You are living in a society that believes in free enterprise. Yes, the manufacturers have a major responsibility to the shareholders. After all, the shareholders risked their money to fund the company in hopes that they would some day get a good return on their money.

In order to achieve a good return for the shareholders, enlightened companies know they must offer a product in which consumers will find value. This is the system that makes so many different types of masks available to serve our diverse needs. No one is forcing you to buy from any company.

P.S. Somewhat like an investor, I decided to invest my money in a Hybrid Mask and am anxiously awaiting delivery. My estimate of the cost/benefit/risk says I am willing to take the risk that the mask just doesn’t work for me and my money is wasted. I do this in hopes that the mask will work for me and solve some of the serious problems I am having with the therapy. If it does solve my problems, it is worth much more that $200 to me personally.

sleepy guest

Post by sleepy guest » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:02 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Severe OSA Sufferer wrote:

SevereOSASufferer - I sincerely hope that your Hybrid mask works for you. I agree with you on the benefit to cost ratio, after all this is our health we are talking about. By the way I was not proposing a class based system based on value provided but simply expressing my opinion on the cost to value ratio of the majority of these masks that continually fill this forum up with threads about crappy masks and people being subjected to the cost whether personally or thru their insurance (somebody pays) either way. While I do feel that the manufacturers do not intentionally come out with masks that leak and cause problems, however there must come a time when they must be accountable for a product that they have put their name on. This goes to all of the manufacturers of masks not just a few. Since currently zero of these manufacturers have come out with a definitive mask that works without problems, then they are all free to wallow in their own crapulence. While the consumer just goes around in circles playing eenie, meenie, miney, moe as to what mask to purchase.

Please do not respond with snappy comebacks or unoriginal banter, as I am a card carrying MENSA member in three states, and will not respond to any neanderthal dribble.

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:51 am

Well! I never......

Okay back to the Hybrid. It will only work for a few people. Why? Lets look at RG for a moment. She has an above average (both in size and smile)
mouth on a somewhat narrow face. Therefore, she needs a medium or a large mouthpiece. Well, guess what? The larger Hybrid mouthpieces are too flat for a narrow face. In order to really penetrate this market, the maker must come up with several more mouthpiece sizes, or a much more forgiving cushion seal.